Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#3174 - Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:30:00 Foxx fans outside the UK
Steve Roby Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
How many of us are there here? How many are interested in the tour-only CDs? How many are as frustrated as I am about the situation?

#3175 - Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:01:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Shadow Man Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Do you mean the situation with the rare CD'S only to get on the gigs, or the situation of John "busy" touring outside UK the last years?

Well, I have to say both is extremly frustrating! ha

#3176 - Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:31:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
apieceoffurniture Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: USA
banghead

#3177 - Fri, 14 Jul 2006 02:01:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Luca Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi there.
In my opinion a world tour is just wishful thinking; to my knowledge, John doesn't promote nor distribute his albums outside the UK. I think he's content of his quasi-famous status, he's probably able to live off his music, but I suspect he's too shy (and probably a bit lazy) to embark in a worldwide (or even an european) tour.
Here in Italy John gathered a few hundred people at his concert in Milan - and it was 1983, with his new album in every shop!
Nowadays very few people here remember him and most of them don't even know he's still making music.
The situation might be different in the Netherlands or in Germany, but I think that John will gather a very tiny crowd in Milan or Rome.
Don't forget John and Louis managed to fill the Scala only to a half - that's about 500 people. In London!

banghead banghead banghead banghead

#3178 - Fri, 14 Jul 2006 03:59:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Steve Roby Offline

I don't expect a world tour. I just expect to be able to buy his CDs.

#3179 - Fri, 14 Jul 2006 04:17:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Shadow Man Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Luca:
The situation might be different in the Netherlands or in Germany, but I think that John will gather a very tiny crowd in Milan or Rome.
Don't forget John and Louis managed to fill the Scala only to a half - that's about 500 people. In London!

No the situation will not be different to Italy , Luca. I assume it will be the same - only a few hundred people would go to the gigs. I think John should rent small nice clubs for his gigs - so the atmosphere would be nice though there would not be lots of people there. There are many nice little clubs here in Hamburg.
I WOULD GIVE A SUPPORT IN THIS !!! laugh

And you're right about the Scala gig - BUT IT WAS BLOODY FANTASTIC!!
It was a great time with our meeting...

So: I EXPECT A WORLD TOUR AND!!! TO BE ABLE TO BUY HIS CD'S IN THE SHOPS!!

#3180 - Fri, 14 Jul 2006 04:27:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
thethoughtcriminals Offline

Loc: down in the park
Quote:
Originally posted by Luca:
Hi there.
In my opinion a world tour is just wishful thinking; to my knowledge, John doesn't promote nor distribute his albums outside the UK. I think he's content of his quasi-famous status, he's probably able to live off his music, but I suspect he's too shy (and probably a bit lazy) to embark in a worldwide (or even an european) tour.
Here in Italy John gathered a few hundred people at his concert in Milan - and it was 1983, with his new album in every shop!
Nowadays very few people here remember him and most of them don't even know he's still making music.

www.sisterray.co.uk stocks all new john foxx releases .... but sell out fast..

#3181 - Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:26:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
deelom Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: belgium, Landen (home of the b...
Is there any way european (or world) fans of John can get a copy of these rare cd's n(cd's sold only at gigs)? As a world tour or even a european tour seems very unlikely, it would be a nice 'compensation' for, wouldn't it?

cheers

#3182 - Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:01:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Steve Roby Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by thethoughtcriminals:
www.sisterray.co.uk stocks all new john foxx releases .... but sell out fast..
Well, they do accept international orders, but are they going to stock stuff that we're being told will be sold only at gigs and not in stores? Did they sell the Drive EP, which I was lucky enough to get through Shadow Man/Andreas?

#3183 - Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:59:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Shadow Man Offline

Yes Steve, they sold the Drive EP BEFORE! the Scala gig. Me and Peter went into the shop before we went to our fan meeting at the Saharas Night Club. So I bought your, my and another copy for a friendly japanese guy at Sister Ray. This was the reason we was lucky to get it signed by Louis who came to the fan meeting ( and next day signed by John at his signing session too).

Haven't you found a guy who will get a copy for you?
WHAT IS THAT?
COMMON GUYS - BUY THIS MAN A COPY TOO. You can be sure you get your expenses back! - like me in 2003!!!

#3184 - Sat, 15 Jul 2006 05:23:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Mrs. X Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
It is frustrating being a Foxx fan outside of the UK. I would love to see him live, but what are the chances of him coming around these parts? Slim to none, I think. I'm still hoping he'll at least come to Toronto. I'd gladly travel over there to see him.

As for his music, I've been lucky to find a few of his early albums (well, his first three, and the Canadian-only released self-titled album) locally on vinyl in a second-hand shop. But as for other releases, etc., I've had to rely on other sources.

Mrs. X

#3185 - Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:30:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Shadow Man Offline

I think we all shall stop of dreaming and be realistic!

Until yet were only MENTIONED! he will do some gigs (world tour?). But I know how much you can trust words - after what was happen with Holland.

Let us hope after all these nice words will follow actions!

I can hardly believe it as you can imagine...

Firstly as I stay in front of the stage.

Sorry, but this is my experience with John...

#3186 - Thu, 20 Jul 2006 03:17:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Dramatis Offline

Loc: Hannover
I remeber at the gig in Bielefeld in Club PC69, fantastic show for me the best of the last years what I have see on gigs in Germany excited

#3187 - Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:36:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Poyns Offline

To the best of my knowledge, John Foxx has never played solo over here in Japan. I think that in this country there is an audience for Mr. F's style of music. It really would be wonderful just to have a gig or two over here. Recently the solo albums were all re-released and repackaged specifically for the Japanese market. I don't know how well they sold but this shows that he is definitely known over here. I also managed to pick up Tiny Colour Movies in Tokyo, but The Drive passed me by. This is not a hint, by the way. smile Hopefully the CDs that are on sale during the tour will be pressed in sufficient quantities for the likes of us to get hold of copies after it finishes - at a reasonable price without us having to get ripped off on the net.

#3188 - Sat, 22 Jul 2006 22:39:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Ion-ah Offline

Loc: Merseyside, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Poyns:
To the best of my knowledge, John Foxx has never played solo over here in Japan. I think that in this country there is an audience for Mr. F's style of music. It really would be wonderful just to have a gig or two over here. Recently the solo albums were all re-released and repackaged specifically for the Japanese market. I don't know how well they sold but this shows that he is definitely known over here. I also managed to pick up Tiny Colour Movies in Tokyo, but The Drive passed me by. This is not a hint, by the way. smile Hopefully the CDs that are on sale during the tour will be pressed in sufficient quantities for the likes of us to get hold of copies after it finishes - at a reasonable price without us having to get ripped off on the net.
Actually, John did play there in '83 as part of 'The Golden Section' tour. I've got a recording of the Osaka gig somewhere. Not sure if played anywhere else, mind.

#3189 - Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:46:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Rob Harris Offline

Loc: Ledbury, UK
Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, John Foxx has never played solo over here in Japan. I think that in this country there is an audience for Mr. F's style of music. It really would be wonderful just to have a gig or two over here.
John performed three gigs whilst in Japan back in 1983. Point your browser at the Archive section of Metamatic for more infomation.

Quote:
Recently the solo albums were all re-released and repackaged specifically for the Japanese market. I don't know how well they sold but this shows that he is definitely known over here.
The first three Ultravox albums ( Ultravox! , Ha! Ha! Ha! and Systems of Romance ) are all about to made available in Japan as special edition CDs.

Quote:
Hopefully the CDs that are on sale during the tour will be pressed in sufficient quantities for the likes of us to get hold of copies after it finishes - at a reasonable price without us having to get ripped off on the net.
Both albums be made more widely available - but only after the tour has finished. This way people won't have to pay 'over the odds' for them. I will post further details just as soon as they've been confirmed... wink

Rob

#3190 - Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:03:00 Re: Foxx fans outside the UK
Poyns Offline

Thank you very much to both of you, Ion-ah and Rob. Sorry for the inaccuracies in my post. Nice info about the Japanese versions of the three Ultravox! albums and I am very glad to see that the stuff sold on tour will be available at some pointr. I have no problem at all waiting for it. I better get saving up. wink

Just imagining Mr. Foxx playing at the Kosei Nenkin Hall again. It's just up the road from me. smile