Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#2903 - Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:30:00 Not that old chestnut...!!!?
Craig Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Peterborough
I ambitiously searched for 'John Foxx' and 'Impossible' on google and stumbled across this: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A31OYQ3UQQVVFZ/202-3140625-3211040?ie=UTF8
(sorry, not very good with links). Now I don't want to rant and rave, and I know it's each to his own etc, but I just wanted to defend my hero!! And this is the second time in a week, I was in HMV last weekend and flicked through a book called '101 albums you must buy before you die' or something...of course no 'Metamatic', no 'The Garden', but 'The Pleasure bloody principle' is there in all it's glory, with Numan being hailed as some saviour.
There are many words I could use to describe said opinions etc, and I don't want to be rude but...
IT'S ALL BOLLOCKS!
Ahem..(promise I won't swear again now it's off my chest)..Why Oh Why Oh Why doesn't John get any mainstream recognition - just a teeny bit? Go on, you know you want to, just a little..please?
Blimey it's hot in here.
Cheers

#2904 - Thu, 13 Jul 2006 01:18:00 Re: Not that old chestnut...!!!?
feline1 Offline
Pass level: Manager

because most of the people who write this sort of guff are tasteless cretins whose own music taste is derived from watching those "Top 10 of Everything" programmes on Channal 4?

Very soon there'll be a nostalgic look back at "Top 10 Top 10 Programmes of the early noughties" and
then the week after that we'll all be sucked into a postmodern Moebius loop of TVC-15 hell where we all get rebroadcasted yelling at ourselves watching at ourselves being rebroadcasteded.

OR STHG.

#2905 - Thu, 13 Jul 2006 03:13:00 Re: Not that old chestnut...!!!?
robert Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: london
Its odd really. I remember in the early nineties thinking the same about numan him not taking any credit. What gets on my nerves is people like jools holland having the same old chesnuts on his show. Fans of bill nelson have been trying to get him on the box for years. Thank god for people like steve malins.