Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#2680 - Tue, 13 May 2008 16:44:00 John Foxx Live in Sydney
xx5150 Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: sydney australia
Hi Everyone, what an experience! I have waited 22 years for this day. John just casually walked onto the stage and introduced himself, and proceeded to play Tiny Colour Movies. After this he had a question and answer time. After a short break, he and Louis Gordon played a mind-blowing set of new, old and Ultravox! material. About twenty minutes after the encore, John casually walked into the foyer, sipping an ice-cold Becks and mingled with the hard-core fans waiting behind. He graciously signed posters and CDS,posed for photos, and chatted to all the fans- without any time constraints. He even had to endure the couple of drunken fans, and was very diplomatic. This was a dream come true for the once 14 year old boy who called International Directory Assistance and demanded to be put through to John Foxx in London ("I'm sorry no such person exists"). Regards George

#2681 - Tue, 13 May 2008 21:35:00 Re: John Foxx Live in Sydney
Andy Kalish Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Rochester, NY USA
Quote:
Originally posted by xx5150:
I have waited 22 years for this day.
George,

Isn't it is funny how these things can happen so many years later? Congratulations on what must have been a great experience. I must admit I am somewhat jealous as I have never seen Ultravox or John Foxx perform live despite being a fan since 1980. I wonder if he will get over to the US at some point close enough for me to attend (hopefully sooner than 22 years from now, LOL.)

Best regards,
Andy

#2682 - Wed, 14 May 2008 00:05:00 Re: John Foxx Live in Sydney
Your Shadow Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Liverpool
Hi George,

I'm so glad you got to see John at last. Being in the UK I've been lucky enough to see John live four times. There was a gap of twenty years though between the first and second gigs though.