Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#2275 - Tue, 04 Oct 2005 02:16:00 The next John Foxx album...
Alex S Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Sheffield, UK
I've been having a bit of a Foxx-fest recently.

Re-discovery is always great - I hadn't played any of John's albums for a while (the obvious exception being COIII).

Anyway, highlights included several overlooked classics from The Golden Section, many great tracks from The Pleasures of Electricity and Crash & Burn, absolutely everything from the Omnidelic Exotour and and the wonderful b-sides from the Drive EP.

All that of course led me to wonder... "What is John working on at the moment?"... when will there be another album of songs/vocals and what will it be like...?

The great thing with John is he always surprises us. After the stark, retro minimalism of Crash & Burn, personally I think it would be good to have something richer/more organic - the same way The Garden contrasted to Metamatic.

#2276 - Tue, 04 Oct 2005 03:11:00 Re: The next John Foxx album...
Your Shadow Offline

Loc: Liverpool
Hi Alex,

Although I love The Pleasures Of Electricity and Crash And Burn plus his Cathedral Oceans albums it would be interesting to hear him do an album with a full 'band sound'. Perhaps he could get Robin Simon on board.

We don't know what sort of a budget John works with these days. Could be costly to get in a load of session men to record such an album. Perhaps he could get Robin Simon on board. Who knows, he just may not wish to go down that path again.

Whatever he releases next I guess we should be thankful that John still wishes to record and share with us his music and that he still has the avenues through which to do it. Come the late eighties I honestly thought we had heard the last of John as a recording artist. I never thought the time would come that we would have so much new music from him to enjoy.

#2277 - Tue, 04 Oct 2005 05:32:00 Re: The next John Foxx album...
Ion-ah Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Merseyside, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Your Shadow:
Come the late eighties I honestly thought we had heard the last of John as a recording artist. I never thought the time would come that we would have so much new music from him to enjoy.
My! Those were very dark days indeed! You were not alone in thinking that, Your Shadow. I always lived in hope, but really thought we'd seen the last of John as a musical artist. I'm just so grateful we still have him about. smile

#2278 - Tue, 04 Oct 2005 19:24:00 Re: The next John Foxx album...
Alex S Offline

Loc: Sheffield, UK
Nice little video clip there smile

#2279 - Tue, 04 Oct 2005 20:34:00 Re: The next John Foxx album...
METAL BEAT Offline

Loc: Watford
I'm grateful also that John is still around doing his thing. I'd love a new album every 6 months buts that's me just being greedy. arnie
Peter

#2280 - Tue, 04 Oct 2005 21:57:00 Re: The next John Foxx album...
Shadow Man Offline

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
biglaugh I could second that, Peter.

I think the biggest chance is a new CD with Louis! I would be pleased about it.

But I would be pleased about every new CD from John wink

#2281 - Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:03:00 Re: The next John Foxx album...
Herbert the turbot Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Barnsley
Just for the record, we had this debate last year shortly after the release of "Crash & Burn". Here's the thread...

http://www.Ultravox.org.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000117