Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#2193 - Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:22:00 Forthcoming Releases...
Rob Harris Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Ledbury, UK
Next month sees the release of special double disc editions of The Garden, The Golden Section and In Mysterious Ways. Each album will be accompanied by a selection of associated extra tracks from the accompanying singles, together with some previously unreleased material. The booklets feature expanded artwork and lyrics. The full details and track-listings are as follows...

John Foxx : The Garden

Disc One
01. Europe After the Rain
02. Systems of Romance
03. When I Was a Man and You Were a Woman
04. Dancing Like a Gun
05. Pater Noster
06. Night Suit
07. You Were There
08. Fusion / Fission
09. Walk Away
10. The Garden

Disc Two
01. Swimmer II
02. This Jungle
03. Miles Away
04. A Long Time
05. Swimmer I
06. Fog previously unreleased
07. Swimmer III
08. Swimmer IV
09. Dance With Me (early version) previously unreleased
10. A Woman on a Stairway (early version) previously unreleased
11. Fusion / Fission (early version) previously unreleased
12. Miles Away (alternative version) previously unreleased

Tracks 07 and 08 on Disc Two of The Garden were originally titled The Quiet Man 3 and The Quiet Man 4 respectively.

Label : Demon / Edsel Records
Catalogue Number : EDSD 2014
Release Date : 22nd of September, 2008

John Foxx : The Golden Section

Disc One
01. My Wild Love
02. Someone
03. Your Dress
04. Running Across Thin Ice With Tigers
05. Sitting at the Edge of the World
06. Endlessly
07. Ghosts on Water
08. Like a Miracle
09. The Hidden Man
10. Twilight's Last Gleaming

Disc Two
01. Endlessly (single version)
02. My Wild Love (early version) previously unreleased
03. A Long Time (alternative version) previously unreleased
04. Annexe
05. Sitting at the Edge of the World (alternative version) previously unreleased
06. A Kind of Wave
07. Twilight's Last Gleaming (early version) previously unreleased
08. Running Across Thin Ice With Tigers (extended mix) previously unreleased
09. A Woman on a Stairway
10. The Lifting Sky
11. Shine On Me previously unreleased
12. Young Man
13. Wings and a Wind
14. The Hidden Man (alternative version) previously unreleased
15. Dance With Me
16. Endlessly (extended mix) previously unreleased

Catalogue Number : EDSD 2015

John Foxx : In Mysterious Ways

Disc One
01. Stars on Fire
02. Lose All Sense of Time
03. Spin Away previously unreleased
04. Shine On
05. Enter the Angel
06. In Mysterious Ways
07. What Kind of Girl
08. Stepping Softly
09. Enter the Angel II
10. Morning Glory

Disc Two
01. This Side of Paradise
02. Enter the Angel (alternative version) previously unreleased
03. To Be With You (alternative version) previously unreleased
04. And the Sky previously unreleased
05. Magic previously unreleased
06. Hiding in Plain Sight
07. Shine On (alternative version) previously unreleased
08. City of Light
09. Lumen De Lumine

Catalogue Number : EDSD 2016

There's also a new John Foxx compilation album entitled Glimmer...

John Foxx : Glimmer

Disc One
01. Glimmer
02. Plaza
03. No-One Driving (single remix)
04. Underpass
05. Quiet City *
06. Dislocation *
07. 030
08. Twilight's Last Gleaming
09. Sunset Rising
10. Cities of Light 5 (remix) * previously unreleased
11. Europe After the Rain
12. Hiroshima Mon Amour *
13. The Garden

Disc Two
01. Through My Sleeping *
02. Endlessly (single version)
03. My Sex *
04. He's a Liquid
05. Car Crash Flashback V2 *
06. Dancing Like a Gun
07. Just For a Moment *
08. Dislocated [with Jori Hulkkonen]
09. Burning Car
10. Miles Away
11. Stepping Sideways [with Harold Budd]
12. Free Robot [with Metamatics]
13. No-One Driving (early version) previously unreleased
14. Plaza (extended version) previously unreleased
15. Burning Car (Dubterror / Karborn mix) previously unreleased

* Recorded with Louis Gordon

Catalogue Number : MCDLX 097
Pre-order your copy online from Townsend Records .

Rob

#2194 - Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:35:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Black Shadow Offline

Loc: Bahamut Lagoon
Brilliant!!!! excited

Cheers for the info Rob!

#2195 - Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:38:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Si_W Offline

Loc: UK
Edsel are really on a roll at the moment...

#2196 - Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:07:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Chris C Offline

Loc: Where the Garden meets the Sea
They're on a roll Si. I'm sure that you've pre-ordered the Blancmange albums. laugh

Fantastic news especially at the sight of those previously unreleased tracks including Fusion/Fission (early version) and the tracks from the In the Glow project ie the album that was to become The Golden Section .

Released on the 22nd, what a celebration...but not for our pockets! :rolleyes: laugh

Chris wink

#2197 - Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:10:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Chris C Offline

They're on a roll Si. I'm sure that you've pre-ordered the Blancmange albums. laugh

Fantastic news especially at the sight of those previously unreleased tracks including Fusion/Fission (early version) and the tracks from the In the Glow project ie the album that was to become The Golden Section .

Released on the 22nd, what a celebration...but not for our pockets! :rolleyes: laugh

Chris wink

#2198 - Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:45:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Si_W Offline

Loc: UK
I have indeed and also picked up the recent Thompson Twins and Paul Young reissues, although I'm sure not many people here will have joined me on those, I'm sure...

#2199 - Thu, 21 Aug 2008 03:43:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Mike C Offline

Loc: Blyth, Northumberland
Cheers Rob. Second mortgage time I think what with the Ultravox re-issues as well.
I've got the Glimmer on on pre-order but the rest I think will be on the list for the fat man with the red coat!!

#2200 - Thu, 21 Aug 2008 07:44:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
maryann Offline

Loc: new york
Great news, Rob. excited

#2201 - Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:59:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Rob Harris Offline

Just to let you all know that the release date for the double disc versions of The Garden, The Golden Section and In Mysterious Ways has just been pushed back to Monday the 6th of October. Glimmer is still set to be released on monday the 22nd of September.

Rob

#2202 - Fri, 22 Aug 2008 04:05:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Your Shadow Offline

Loc: Liverpool
Wow. I'm really excited by these new reissues.

I just wish there could have been room to include the extended versions of A Kind Of Wave,Like A Miracle,Stars On Fire and Enter The Angel as these are still not available on cd.

#2203 - Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:53:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Roger Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Brescia, Italy
Hello everyone, I regret not having taking part for a very long time in the life of the forum.

I have to say that I agree with Andy. The new John Foxx double cds seemed to be the 'definitive' release for their respective lps and singles, but unfortunately it isn't so.
The second cds would have been the ideal home for the extended version mentioned by Andy.
IMHO, it would have been a better choice to give priority to the tracks previously released on vinyl and gather ALL the related tracks (7" versions, 12" versions, b-sides) to "The Garden", "The Golden Section" and "In Mysterious Ways" on the second cds.

Part of the previously unreleased material could have been included and part released later on some rarities or 'special' cd.

So, I just hope that at some point in the future another John Foxx compilation featuring the mentioned extended mixes wil appear.
The new releases will provide us with lots of interesting stuff, but they don't seem to me the most rational way of re-releasing John Foxx back catalogue.

Oh, and the same could be said for the recent re-release of Visage "The Anvil" (Chris, Rodney...if only they have asked the fans!)...really, a missed chance.

Sorry for returning here in a 'criticising' mood.

#2204 - Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:38:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Rob Harris Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Your Shadow:
Wow. I'm really excited by these new reissues. I just wish there could have been room to include the extended versions of A Kind Of Wave,Like A Miracle,Stars On Fire and Enter The Angel as these are still not available on cd.
Quote:
Originally posted by Roger:
I have to say that I agree with Andy. The new John Foxx double cds seemed to be the 'definitive' release for their respective lps and singles, but unfortunately it isn't so.
The second cds would have been the ideal home for the extended version mentioned by Andy.
IMHO, it would have been a better choice to give priority to the tracks previously released on vinyl and gather ALL the related tracks (7" versions, 12" versions, b-sides) to "The Garden", "The Golden Section" and "In Mysterious Ways" on the second cds.

Part of the previously unreleased material could have been included and part released later on some rarities or 'special' cd.

So, I just hope that at some point in the future another John Foxx compilation featuring the mentioned extended mixes wil appear.
The new releases will provide us with lots of interesting stuff, but they don't seem to me the most rational way of re-releasing John Foxx back catalogue.
I'm really sorry to hear that you both feel that these CDs aren't as good as you think they could be. Every effort had been made by everyone involved to ensure that all of the 'second discs' from the forthcoming editions of The Garden, The Golden Section and In Mysterious Ways (as well as both discs that make up Glimmer) all function as albums in their own right. This was something that John was particularly keen to do - the albums needed to flow as opposed to just being a collection of disperate tracks. Although, in saying that, John was happy to include extended versions of Running Across Thin Ice With Tigers and Endlessly BOTH of which are previously unreleased. So in trying to achieve this, some tracks (previously available extended versions of Endlessly, A Kind of Wave, Like a Miracle, Stars on Fire and Enter the Angel) have inevitably fallen by the wayside. But please rest assured that none of them have been forgotten, and that they will all surface at some point in the future.

Ultimately, it's everyone's personal choice as to which tracks should make it onto a re-issue and no matter what one person says, someone else will always disagree with them. There was quite a lively debate recently over on the Metamatic Website about which tracks should and should not be included on the forthcoming Glimmer compilation - needless to say everyone came up with a completely different selection.

As you've no doubt seen, a slightly different approach was taken with the forthcoming double disc editions of Vienna and Rage in Eden, although we've still taken some liberties with the track order on the second discs. For example, on Rage in Eden the extended version of I Never Wanted to Begin now follows Paths and Angles, and the live (Crystal Palace) version of All Stood Still follows the live (Crystal Palace) version of Private Lives. Ultimately, this was done in order to make the tracks flow better.

Quote:
Oh, and the same could be said for the recent re-release of Visage "The Anvil" (Chris, Rodney...if only they have asked the fans!)...really, a missed chance.
I really don't see how any of the forthcoming John Foxx releases can possibly be regarded as a missed chance... frown

Rob

#2205 - Sat, 23 Aug 2008 05:55:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Your Shadow Offline

Hi Rob. Thanks for the response. I was in no way trying to be critical about the choice of tracks included on these reissues. In fact I'm very excited by them. I only mentioned the extended versions because I have waited so long for them to be available on cd. When they weren't included on the 2001 reissues I thought that they would surely appear on these new reissues.The fact that you have said they haven't been forgotten gives me hope that they will at last see the light of day in the future.

#2206 - Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:00:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Roger Offline

Hi Rob, and thanks for your reply and insight into the criteria which presided over the choice of tracks for the new Edsel double cds.

First of all, as pointed out above by Andy, I am more than happy to read that the various extended mixes will appear in the future on cd.

My point of view is influenced by my collector attitude, and from this "collector" point of view these releases are a missed chance. The collector in me would have liked to get, for example, a double cd of "The Golden Section" with all the related tracks included. I have to say I'm not happy with tracks relating to the same lp appearing over several cds.
When the Ultravox stuff got the first EV treatment, we've got great reissues: each cd contained all the related extra tracks, and, thanks to two cds of rarities, all the tracks released on vinyl got a cd release (if my memory serves me well). I completely agreed with the rational organization of it all.

That fully satisfied my collector attitude and that's what I expected from these re-releases, especially considering these were double cds.

Ok, but that's just me and my collector obsession, which is not shared by John Foxx. As you explained, mr. Foxx seemed more interested to make fans aware of the unreleased, "behind the scenes" stuff and preferred the "better flow" principle to the "obsessive collector" one.

Finally, I am sorry for having compared the new Foxx cds with the Cherry Red Visage one.
From my point of view, the only 'minus' I find in the new Foxx cds is the fact that they miss those extended mixes, so they are 90% OK, while the Visage re-release isn't OK at all, because it leaves off some relevant stuff from the "The Anvil" era (to mention just one, the "Night Train" dance mix), to include stuff from singles of the previous Visage era.

By the way, I mentioned Chris Celecia and Rodney Meiklejohn in my previous post since we had plenty of discussion as to which tracks should have been included on future Visage re-releases and came up with a very detailed tracklisting. Reading that Cherry Red decided to include the dance mixes from the "Mind Of A Toy" 12" into the re-release of "The Anvil" was really depressing...

Sorry for the long post.

#2207 - Sat, 23 Aug 2008 17:12:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Chris C Offline

Quote:
...I mentioned Chris Celecia and Rodney Meiklejohn in my previous post since we had plenty of discussion as to which tracks should have been included on future Visage re-releases and came up with a very detailed tracklisting. Reading that Cherry Red decided to include the dance mixes from the "Mind Of A Toy" 12" into the re-release of "The Anvil" was really depressing...

Cerise has a copy of our tracklisting and presentation pack. This was some years ago when there was a possibility of Universal, now owning Polydor, reissuing the Visage albums and had approached EV. Then Cherry Red appeared from nowhere and released a poor effort. I was very surprised since Cherry Red are very good with their reissues eg Classix Nouveaux.

I understand Roger's point of view as we are collectors in essence. However, as you pointed out on Metamatic, John's unpredictable nature is what made us fans in the first place and these reissues, with all those previously unreleased tracks making the second disc into a record in its own right,is an added bonus.

It's clear that all the previously released 12" mixes have been left out for some reason and John in his usual mysterious way has again something special reserved for us.

Chris
wink

#2208 - Sat, 23 Aug 2008 17:47:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Rob Harris Offline

Quote:
Hi Rob, and thanks for your reply and insight into the criteria which presided over the choice of tracks for the new Edsel double cds.
It's genuinely not a problem - we're more than happy to explain how these albums have been assembled so that everyone is aware of the level of care and attention that's been put into them. laugh

Obviously, we don't want to answer every question here - as we'll never get any other work done - instead we 'save them up' for the All You Need To Know documents.

We started writing these as a way of recording / explaining the processes that had taken place during the course of working on all of the forthcoming Ultravox re-issues.

Quote:
My point of view is influenced by my collector attitude, and from this "collector" point of view these releases are a missed chance. The collector in me would have liked to get, for example, a double cd of "The Golden Section" with all the related tracks included. I have to say I'm not happy with tracks relating to the same lp appearing over several cds.
So how do you feel about the Metal Beat interview disc that complemented Metamatic? That album included a few exclusive tracks that were recorded at the same period of time, but were felt to have been out of place on Metamatic - the same rationale has been applied to these five extended mixes.

Quote:
When the Ultravox stuff got the first EV treatment, we've got great reissues: each cd contained all the related extra tracks, and, thanks to two cds of rarities, all the tracks released on vinyl got a cd release (if my memory serves me well). I completely agreed with the rational organization of it all.
Thank-you... I've gotta say that we're over the moon with the forthcoming editions of Vienna and Rage in Eden - it'll be great to hear what you all think when you get hold of the finished albums... laugh

Quote:
That fully satisfied my collector attitude and that's what I expected from these re-releases, especially considering these were double cds. Ok, but that's just me and my collector obsession, which is not shared by John Foxx. As you explained, mr. Foxx seemed more interested to make fans aware of the unreleased, "behind the scenes" stuff and preferred the "better flow" principle to the "obsessive collector" one.
Making the second discs flow was definitely the key requirement - and I think that that's certainly been achieved. smile

Quote:
Finally, I am sorry for having compared the new Foxx cds with the Cherry Red Visage one. From my point of view, the only 'minus' I find in the new Foxx cds is the fact that they miss those extended mixes, so they are 90% OK, while the Visage re-release isn't OK at all, because it leaves off some relevant stuff from the "The Anvil" era (to mention just one, the "Night Train" dance mix), to include stuff from singles of the previous Visage era.
The forthcoming edition of The Garden contains five previously unreleased tracks and two further tracks (Swimmer III and Swimmer IV) which themselves have been unavailable since 1983. I assume, therefore, that you are 100% happy with what's been done with The Garden. wink

As for the other two forthcoming albums - The Golden Section contains eight previously unreleased tracks and In Mysterious Ways contains six previously unreleased tracks. There probably would've been space on In Mysterious Ways for the associated extended mixes (Stars on Fire and Enter the Angel), but the same is certainly not true for The Golden Section as that disc comes in at 67:50

As has already been explained, all five previously available extended mixes (A Kind of Wave, Endlessly, Like a Miracle, Stars on Fire and Enter the Angel) were excluded from these releases in favour of previously unreleased material - but it certainly doesn't mean that these previously available mixes will never resurface at some point in the future.

Quote:
By the way, I mentioned Chris Celecia and Rodney Meiklejohn in my previous post since we had plenty of discussion as to which tracks should have been included on future Visage re-releases and came up with a very detailed tracklisting. Reading that Cherry Red decided to include the dance mixes from the "Mind Of A Toy" 12" into the re-release of "The Anvil" was really depressing...
I agree that the placement of tracks from Mind of a Toy on The Anvil was inappropriate, but there are many things at play when an album gets rereleased. Doubtless Cherry Red had to deliver the album within a reasonably tight budget and wanted to include some extra tracks rather than non at all. The two tracks (We Move (Dance Mix) and Frequency 7 (Dance Mix)) had already accompanied this album when it came out on One Way Records, and so it looks like Cherry Red just perpetuated their inclusion.

Rob

#2209 - Sat, 23 Aug 2008 18:35:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Chris C Offline

Quote:
... all five previously available extended mixes ([b]A Kind of Wave, Endlessly, Like a Miracle, Stars on Fire and Enter the Angel) were excluded from these releases in favour of previously unreleased material - but it certainly doesn't mean that these previously available mixes will never resurface at some point in the future. [/b]
... and Wings and a Wind exists in its extended form. laugh

Chris wink

#2210 - Sat, 23 Aug 2008 19:05:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Rob Harris Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
... and [b]Wings and a Wind exists in its extended form. laugh [/b]
Yup, and it's this extended version which appears as track thirteen on the second disc of the forthcoming edition of The Golden Section.

In the same way that there are are a couple of slightly different versions of the track Swimmer II - the one which appears on the Dancing Like a Gun 12 inch single is extended when compared to the version which appears on the 7 inch single - the same is also true for the track Wings and a Wind. In both instances, it's the longer version which has been included on these forthcoming releases.

Rob

#2211 - Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:43:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Roger Offline

Quote:
So how do you feel about the Metal Beat interview disc that complemented Metamatic? That album included a few exclusive tracks that were recorded at the same period of time, but were felt to have been out of place on Metamatic - the same rationale has been applied to these five extended mixes.
When I wrote in my last post "all the related tracks" I meant "all the previously released on vinyl related tracks" (check out my first post, where I've been more clear). Sorry for the misinterpretation I caused.

My rationale in re-releasing the back catalogue of an artist is:
- priority must be given to everything that was released on vinyl and which is related to the proposed re-release;
- once you have put all the vinyl stuff on cd, then, if there's still room on the cd, let's put previously unreleased stuff.

So, since the new "Metamatic" double cd includes all the related relevant stuff previously released on vinyl (lp, 7" and 12"), I am absolutely happy with the new re-release and I haven't problems with the exclusive tracks on the "Metal Beat" release. This is a complementary release, intended to give further insights (conceptual and musical) into the "Metamatic" period.

And, yes, my rationale is matched by "The Garden" too.
It is not matched by "The Golden Section" and "In Mysterious Ways": both still score the 90% percentage of my satisfaction.
biglaugh

Sorry, I tried to be precise in explaining my thoughts, but I haven't been. Since I'm not precise, one could wonder how can I define myself an "obsessive collector" wink

#2212 - Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:55:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Roger Offline

Quote:
In the same way that there are are a couple of slightly different versions of the track Swimmer II - the one which appears on the Dancing Like a Gun 12 inch single is extended when compared to the version which appears on the 7 inch single - the same is also true for the track Wings and a Wind. In both instances, it's the longer version which has been included on these forthcoming releases.
I totally agree with this rationale...another example is Visage "Second Steps", the 12" version being the full one, while the 7" is just a slightly shorter one. No doubt the longer one is the one to be put on cd.

#2213 - Sat, 23 Aug 2008 22:53:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Flip Martian Offline

Loc: Here
Good news! Ironic that the only track I ever liked on In Mysterious Ways has been moved to the bonus disc... laugh Still, the other 2 will be on my "to get" list. laugh

I hope that "single version" of Endlessly is the first version with the repetitive Linn Drum pattern all the way through and Beatles-esque twanging and not the later Simmons drum version that appeared on the album and became a single too?

#2214 - Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:03:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Rob Harris Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Flip Martian:
I hope that "single version" of Endlessly is the first version with the repetitive Linn Drum pattern all the way through and Beatles-esque twanging and not the later Simmons drum version that appeared on the album and became a single too?
Hi there Flip - long time, no see... smile

The single version of Endlessly is indeed featured on the second disc of the forthcoming edition of The Golden Section... laugh

Rob

#2215 - Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:24:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Flip Martian Offline

Loc: Here
Thanks for that. Jolly good show; I shall prepare to blow the cobwebs off me wallet shortly then. smile

#2216 - Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:09:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Your Shadow Offline

Rob, which single version of Endlessly appears on the Glimmer compilation?

The 1982 single version appeared previously on the Modern Art compilation and you have stated above that it also appears on disc 2 of The Golden Section reissue.

The 1983 single edit has not previously been available on cd. Is this the version on Glimmer or have we have got the 1982 single version again?

#2217 - Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:28:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Rob Harris Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Your Shadow:
Rob, which single version of Endlessly appears on the Glimmer compilation?

The 1982 single version appeared previously on the Modern Art compilation and you have stated above that it also appears on disc 2 of The Golden Section reissue.

The 1983 single edit has not previously been available on cd. Is this the version on Glimmer or have we have got the 1982 single version again?
Track 01 on Disc 2 of the forthcoming edition of The Golden Section AND track 2 on Disc 2 of Glimmer are BOTH the 1982 single version of Endlessly . We've decided not to include the 3'35" edit of Endlessly on either release as it's very similar to the version which appears on The Golden Section. Please see my previous post (in this thread) about our including the 'longer' versions of tracks - especially with regards to Swimmer II. But, like all of the single edits, it's likely to appear on CD at some point.

Rob

#2218 - Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:41:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Your Shadow Offline

Thanks for the speedy response Rob. Much appreciated.

#2219 - Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:27:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
maryann Offline

Not sure if this has been asked before, Rob, but are there plans to release these on vinyl also? I have noticed the recent trend for multiple formats (download, cd, vinyl) for remaster releases.

#2220 - Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:14:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Rob Harris Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Not sure if this has been asked before, Rob, but are there plans to release these on vinyl also? I have noticed the recent trend for multiple formats (download, cd, vinyl) for remaster releases.
There are no plans, that I'm aware of, for any of these forthcoming releases to be made available on vinyl.

Rob

#2221 - Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:51:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just so you know, all the forthcoming John Foxx re-releases are now available for pre-order at Amazon.

John Foxx - The Garden 2008 Edition

John Foxx - The Golden Section 2008 Edition

John Foxx - In Mysterious Ways 2008 Edition

As is the new best of, 'Glimmer', which seems to have dropped in price slightly since when it was first listed. At 6.48 it's a bargain.

John Foxx - Glimmer (2008)

All the best,

EG

#2222 - Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:17:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
maryann Offline

I checked Amazon.com the other day and only Glimmer was available for preorder frown

#2223 - Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:28:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
newvox Offline

Loc: ''in a grey suit''
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
I checked Amazon.com the other day and only Glimmer was available for preorder frown
If its any consolation M, 'Glimmer' is having pre-orders still from the UK.

#2224 - Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:30:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have just checked the links above and they are correct. Also checked the 'dot com' variation of Amazon - you have to narrow the search down a bit more than standard, but the albums are available through this, albeit only as import at this time.

Hope this helps.

smile

#2225 - Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:47:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
newvox Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
Hope this helps. smile
Sure does.

Now, where have i heard that phrase before. smile

#2226 - Wed, 24 Sep 2008 21:51:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
maryann Offline

biglaugh

Thanks guys! I will recheck Amazon.

#2227 - Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:15:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Quote:
[b]Hope this helps. smile
Sure does.

Now, where have i heard that phrase before. smile [/b]
Errrm, I have no idea...

nervouslaugh

#2228 - Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:52:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Herr_X Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Bedford, UK
Hi All,

You could try Townsend Records for the reissues as well:- http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/advanc...tno=&genre=

#2229 - Sun, 28 Sep 2008 05:07:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
newvox Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Hope this helps. smile
Sure does.

Now, where have i heard that phrase before. smile [/b]
Errrm, I have no idea...

nervouslaugh [/b]
Yes, last time i said that, it bounced off the scottish highlands for weeks. biglaugh

#2230 - Sun, 28 Sep 2008 05:10:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
newvox Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Herr_X:
Hi All,

You could try Townsend Records for the reissues as well:- http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/advanc...tno=&genre=
Thanks for the linky. Townsend are a bit of a specialist for Foxxy releases.

#2231 - Sun, 28 Sep 2008 07:32:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Herr_X Offline

my copy of Glimmer arrived today from Townsend Records - well packed as ever!

Well done to all involved - it's been playing all day and I love it.
Check out the early version of No-one Driving, John's vocals on this are totally unexpected - i.e. different from anything else he's ever done - but still sounding great.
It's good to hear a song before it was finished smile

The new versions of the Ultravox! songs are pretty good too - I especially like Hiroshima Mon Amour, but then it's always been a favourite track.

If you've not already ordered this, I say go and buy it now.

Now for a request - can we have a 12" singles album please - I've already put my old vinyl copies onto CD, but a remaster from the original tapes would be great........

Perhaps any remaining Tiger Lily stuff could be added as well????? - as far as I'm aware not a single track is available on CD (apart from the one I've made from the 7" inch single)

P.S. there's an ad for the album remasters in this month's Record Collector (Plus reviews of the Ultravox reissues)

I'm sure I've now got well over 100 John Foxx/Ultravox/Midge Ure/Visage CDs - sometimes 3 copies of various versions of the same album! - e.g. I have 3 different copies of Vienna and Metamatic, and 2 of each of most of the others.
All I need now is a much larger house to keep them all in.....

#2232 - Sun, 28 Sep 2008 07:38:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
maryann Offline

Quote:
Now for a request - can we have a 12" singles album please - I've already put my old vinyl copies onto CD, but a remaster from the original tapes would be great........
ooh yes, a great idea!
I have lots of vinyls but unfortunately I have not put them on cd. frown

#2233 - Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:30:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Rob Harris Offline

Quote:
It's already in-hand, but the results probably won't be released until sometime in the new year - maybe even the year after.

Quote:
Perhaps any remaining Tiger Lily stuff could be added as well????? - as far as I'm aware not a single track is available on CD (apart from the one I've made from the 7" inch single)
The track Ain't Misbehavin' was released a few years ago (2004) on a various artists compilation album entitled Glitterbest . There are no plans (that I'm aware of) to release any of the other Tiger Lily material (including Monkey Jive) at the moment.

Rob

#2234 - Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:27:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
P.S. there's an ad for the album remasters in this month's Record Collector (Plus reviews of the Ultravox reissues)
There are indeed - page 85 for the John Foxx advert placed by Edsel Records, and pages 103 - 104 for the Ultravox reviews. Despite a couple of niggly inaccuracies, the latters reviews are very positive with 'Vienna' scoring 3/5 and 'Rage in Eden' 4/5 ratings respectively.

smile

#2235 - Tue, 30 Sep 2008 03:34:00 Re: Forthcoming Releases...
Herr_X Offline

Quote:
The track Ain't Misbehavin' was released a few years ago (2004) on a various artists compilation album entitled Glitterbest . There are no plans (that I'm aware of) to release any of the other Tiger Lily material (including Monkey Jive) at the moment.

Rob
Thanks for that Rob - I must have missed this one, just hope it's still available - priced at 8
Never thought I'd see Hammersmith Gorillas cover of Kinks' You Reallu Got Me on CD.
I've got that on a crispy vinyl copy of "They Did Them Their Way" on MFP from the late 70s - early 80s - there's some hilarious cover versions on that album - especially of the Peter & Gordon (Lennon/McCartney song) "World Without Love"

I already know who the cover artists are on this track - but does anyone on here know........?