Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#20895 - Sun, 01 May 2011 03:16:00 Jarre - Essentials & Rarities
Gwilym Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Wales.
For any Jarre fans on here I thought I'd just mention that the 2CD "Essentials & Rarities" is available for pre-order on Amazon.co.uk at 12.98.

The first disc seems to be yet another 'Best Of' compilation while the second consists of pre-Oxygene material such as Hypnose, La Cage and Erosmachine.

#20896 - Tue, 03 May 2011 03:21:00 Re: Jarre - Essentials & Rarities
robak Offline

Loc: Herts
Thanks fo rthe tip-off - I was aware it was due TBA, but didn't spot it the other day.

The first disc looks very disappointing - looks like they've flubbed doing a proper singles compilation once again with the absence of Magnetic Fields 4 and Zoolookologie, both remixed for 7" release and the edits of London Kid, Revolutions etc..

What's the betting Equinoxe 4 isn't the 7" remix or the French-only 12" either. Bah!

That back catalogue definitely needs a touch of EV-like magic to sort it out!

Still, shall have to buy it for disc 2.

Rob

#20897 - Tue, 03 May 2011 16:41:00 Re: Jarre - Essentials & Rarities
Gwilym Offline

Loc: Wales.
I must admit I was disappointed with disc 1 as well. I was hoping both discs would be given over to rarities since we've had plenty of Jarre compilations down the years. I was also hoping there'd be some unreleased material from the Oxy/Equi period included- I remember Jarre saying in a recent interview that there was some recorded material that didn't make it onto the Oxygene album in '77 that he wanted to release. Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer. :rolleyes: