Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#16205 - Mon, 04 Apr 2011 22:25:00 Draw you own conclusions
Pater Noster Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: London
Yes, I'd like to see what'd happen if we went to a Muslim country and demanded they live by our rules (perhaps this is the real reason we are trying to do it by the back door, arming rebels with pitchforks etc) It IS all about control of oil supplies - but I do support the basic West v Middle East scenario; as which turkey votes ffor Xmas?! Grant AKA Hibernicus.

03/04/2011

Hide details Guy Leven-Torres, guy leven-torresguyleventorres@hotmail.co.uk

How long are we going to tolerate this? Come to somebody's country and demand it change? Have you considered the absurdity of all this? GUY http://www.youtube.com/watch?

#16206 - Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:34:00 Re: Draw you own conclusions
Pater Noster Offline

Guy

Yes, and I have integrated my Irishness into an all encompassing British Isles identity. Why can't others do the same?

#16207 - Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:53:00 Re: Draw you own conclusions
Dex Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: Edinburgh
Grant, because we're of a Celtic/Anglo-saxon/Norman (Northern European)stock,that's why we all fit in as our ways weren't too dissimilar to each others,Also when England and Wales were under Roman rule,there were many different peoples,but living a Roman way of life.
These days it's the namby pamby brigade who'd rather accomodate the ludicrous rather than common sense.If you want to live in a country,you must observe the "When in Rome",and if you can't and refuse to,then you should return to your own little corner.

#16208 - Thu, 28 Apr 2011 01:14:00 Re: Draw you own conclusions
Si_W Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Pater Noster:
Guy

Yes, and I have integrated my Irishness into an all encompassing British Isles identity. Why can't others do the same?
And just how have you done that? Curious...

#16209 - Thu, 28 Apr 2011 01:31:00 Re: Draw you own conclusions
I J S Offline

Loc: Here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dex:
If you want to live in a country,you must observe the "When in Rome",
I agree 100%....sadly certain people want this country to become their Rome!! Ie...the very small minority who want sharia law!!

The only further point I'll make on this...& I'm only saying here what I've said on my facebook status' & other friends' is whatever your religious/non religious view & I'm agnostic - is this is, always has been & always will be - a Christian country.

#16210 - Thu, 28 Apr 2011 01:46:00 Re: Draw you own conclusions
I J S Offline

I know we have other faiths...fine...no problem with that, oh & please PLEASE.....keep all religion in churches/mosques/temples/own homes...not on the streets or on public transport whatever the faith!! :rolleyes:

#16211 - Thu, 28 Apr 2011 01:58:00 Re: Draw you own conclusions
Becca_dup1 Offline

Quote:
,Also when England and Wales were under Roman rule,there were many different peoples,but living a Roman way of life.
Yeah but what have the Romans done for us?

#16212 - Thu, 28 Apr 2011 03:18:00 Re: Draw you own conclusions
PASSINGSTRANGER Offline

Loc: St. Albans U.K
Quote:
Yeah but what have the Romans done for us?
Fiat cars
Pizzas
Giorgio Armani
etc... etc... wink

#16213 - Thu, 28 Apr 2011 07:28:00 Re: Draw you own conclusions
Duncan Offline

Loc: Co. Monaghan, Ireland
Well said Dex,I know your probably joking Becca,but there was a documentary that ran for a while called "What the Romans do for us" a real eye opener so it was. Now apparently there was a documentary shown in Rome of all places called "What the Scots done to us" it wasn't on long just said something about kicking their arses out of Caled biglaugh onia

#16214 - Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:33:00 Re: Draw you own conclusions
Dex Offline

Loc: Edinburgh
If and when I do go abroad,it's down to me to read up about customs,laws etc and observe that as not to be ignorant of their laws etc,but what irks me is the fact that the UK as a whole now has become some dumping ground for those who can't get it into thier heads to make a difference in their own little part of the world and run away,but see us as a soft touch,,bit of tough love never done anyone any harm.

#16215 - Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:12:00 Re: Draw you own conclusions
I J S Offline

Quote:
If and when I do go abroad,it's down to me to read up about customs,laws etc and observe that as not to be ignorant of their laws etc,but what irks me is the fact that the UK as a whole now has become some dumping ground for those who can't get it into thier heads to make a difference in their own little part of the world and run away,but see us as a soft touch,,bit of tough love never done anyone any harm.
Agree with you again Dex. On your first point when me & a mate went to Turkey (he had been before), we went to a small village called Patara - not far from the 'touristy' Olu Deniz & Bodrum. We said we wanted to live like the locals. I learnt a few phrases such as hello, how are you, what the reply to that is & how to order a beer!! Others I picked up on the way. I was disappointed when we went to a bar on the first day & heard British music...I wanted it to be all Turkish!! Mind you, I bought a Turkish national football top as a souvenir & the locals loved it. They invited me to join in a game of footie so I wore the top. The 'pitch' was some kind of sulphuric/clay surface & stunk when you fell on it as I did!! biglaugh They thought I was a brilliant footballer (yeh right) & could name the Liverpool & Moan U squads of the time. Could I name one Turkish played - no!! Loved my time there...aah happy days!! laugh

#16216 - Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:41:00 Re: Draw you own conclusions
Pater Noster Offline

Quote:
Grant, because we're of a Celtic/Anglo-saxon/Norman (Northern European)stock,that's why we all fit in as our ways weren't too dissimilar to each others,Also when England and Wales were under Roman rule,there were many different peoples,but living a Roman way of life.
These days it's the namby pamby brigade who'd rather accomodate the ludicrous rather than common sense.If you want to live in a country,you must observe the "When in Rome",and if you can't and refuse to,then you should return to your own little corner.
Dex, just in my opinion of course; you have said it all here !! And thanks to others for remarks too. :p