Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#1493 - Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:57:00 John's influence!
Shadow Man Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Hi everyone!

Last weekend I bought me two CD's of Ladytron (604 and Light & Magic). After some listening to it I can say you can hear John's influence of the sound , but I find it hard to listen to the whispering girls voice. There are some good tracks on it but to listen the hole CD to this voice - it's very hard for me. Shame!
I was curious about their music because they were sometimes mentioned on this forum and in some magazines ( John mentioned them in an interview).

Good sound but hmmmmmm..... voice for me!

Have anyone an opinion ?

Regards , Shadow Man

#1494 - Sun, 31 Oct 2004 04:29:00 Re: John's influence!
birdsong Offline

Loc: southampton
There are some good tracks on it but to listen the hole CD to this voice - it's very hard for me.

Good sound but hmmmmmm..... voice for me!

For what its worth Shadow Man, I really think Ladytron's 604 album is superb in its own right, but I agree the vocal track sometimes is lost in the mix and/or a difficult 'sound' sometimes .The lady's name is Mirror (or Mira) I think. Is this the album with "Black Plastic bag" on? An excellent song.
I think if you stick with it, the sound will grow on you

#1495 - Mon, 01 Nov 2004 01:24:00 Re: John's influence!
Shadow Man Offline

No, the song "Black Plastic" is on "Light& Magic" ( I think, the better one of these both CD'S). Perhaps you are right, and I have to listen longer to it , because my opinion could be change then. As I said; I like the music of them. Perhaps this would be the right band for a support for John & Louis!? I think because of the similarities in their sound it would be nice to see them both on one evening.

I would be curious what John & Louis
would say to this idea...

Do you know if there is more stuff of Ladytron availlable?

Regards, Shadow Man

#1496 - Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:29:00 Re: John's influence!
Steve Roby Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Ladytron is one of my favourite new bands of the last few years. I thought that whole electroclash fad might generate some good new bands, but most of the ones I've heard don't come close to the original bands they're swiping from. Ladytron is the only one I've actually bothered to buy actual albums by instead of just downloading a few mp3s.

I could easily imagine a mix tape with something from Metamatic, a song or two from the Human League's Travelogue, OMD's Organisation, Kraftwerk's Die Mensch Maschine/The Man Machine, something by Gary Numan, and Ladytron fitting right in as though it came from that era.

#1497 - Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:48:00 Re: John's influence!
Shadow Man Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
I could easily imagine a mix tape with something from Metamatic, a song or two from the Human League's Travelogue, OMD's Organisation, Kraftwerk's Die Mensch Maschine/The Man Machine, something by Gary Numan, and Ladytron fitting right in as though it came from that era.
Hello Steve!
How are you? It was a long time since your last visit on this site..

I agree with you about the tape. You can hear very good the influence from John into their music. This would be one of the new bands, I would be interesting to see them live.
As I told before; a gig as support for John and Louis would be a good idea, I think...

Regards, Andreas

#1498 - Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:52:00 Re: John's influence!
Steve Roby Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
Hello Steve!
How are you? It was a long time since your last visit on this site..
I've been by a few times without posting. Busy doing other things. But this is one of my favourite music-related hangouts. I wish I could find a place like this for some of my other old fave bands...

#1499 - Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:01:00 Re: John's influence!
Shadow Man Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
[QUOTE]I've been by a few times without posting. Busy doing other things. But this is one of my favourite music-related hangouts.
So - it is good you are back to discuss here.
wink

Bye