Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#13280 - Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:28:00 For sale: New Europeans - immaculate
Red Tide Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: the airport, sitting on a wing
I have a copy of 'New Europeans' which I have played maybe 5 or 6 times ever.

I bought it to hear 'Waiting', which I'd never heard because it was the b-side to 'Sleepwalk'. 'Sleepwalk' came out when I was just getting into Ultravox. I bought the 'Vienna' album, fell in love with it, and by the time I realised I needed 'Sleepwalk' for its b-side, it had been deleted.

Fast forward to late '82 and 'New Europeans' was available. Bought it, figured it was rare, so kept it immaculate. I taped it and played the tape instead of risking damage to the vinyl.

Nowadays I don't have a turntable any more and all the content is on CD anyway. Soooooo....anybody want to make me an offer for 'New Europeans'?

It comes with the original plastic outer dust sleeve, which has 1 small tear in it and 1 small hole. The outer picture sleeve has the Japanese promotional paper band around it (no idea what it says). The picture sleeve itself is completely clean front and back and could have been printed yesterday.

Inside you get a double-sided printed lyric insert on white paper. On one side are the lyrics to the 10 tracks, with 3 photos of the band. The lyrics are hilariously misheard - "Midnight sin" and "the negative of every frightened girl" in 'I never wanted to begin', for instance.

On the other side, you get a sort of mezzotint photo of the band, full page, with what looks like an article about them in Japanese overprinted on top.

Then you have a U-shaped transparent plastic inner sleeve. This has a few creases in it from being put away, but is unmarked. It has helped to ensure that the record itself is also unmarked. A paper inner sleeve would have scratched it.

The vinyl is completely unmarked and immaculate, as new even though 22 years old. The label is a blue and white Chrysalis label.

If anyone wants it....post here with your bid :-)

Indicatively, I'm looking for about 25. If I can't get that for it, I'll be very happy to keep it - it was the first record I bought at university...:-)

#13281 - Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:27:00 Re: For sale: New Europeans - immaculate
Davy B Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: Greenock, Scotland
Jings!! for a moment there i thought you were selling Turkey (the country) nutjob ......

#13282 - Sat, 25 Dec 2004 08:11:00 Re: For sale: New Europeans - immaculate
Anonymous
Unregistered

...who the hell wants Turkey anyway??? lmao

#13283 - Sat, 25 Dec 2004 08:41:00 Re: For sale: New Europeans - immaculate
Mrs. X Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Not me! I'm a vegetarian! laugh

Oh, that Turkey!!! :p

Mrs. X