Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#12047 - Wed, 05 Nov 2008 18:58:00 Website Update
Havocman Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Moving westwards as soon as po...
Billy's been updating again and has some interesting news. Click here for enlightenment. Sadly, he doesn't mention a reunion but does mention the next batch of remasters. laugh

#12048 - Thu, 06 Nov 2008 02:31:00 Re: Website Update
newvox Offline

Loc: ''in a grey suit''
Interesting that Billy had not heard some of the live tracks in over 25 years. It always interests me how some, like Bowie, Numan, and Foxx for example can leave their past in the past for so long. I suppose that helps with finding new ideas and always looking forward. Always turning to the shine, i guess. smile

#12049 - Thu, 06 Nov 2008 03:08:00 Re: Website Update
1.Outside Offline

Loc: Birmingham
To be frank, I don't believe some artists when they say this. It might be true in Billy's case. I think Bowie, for example, listens to his stuff much more than he claims. He also claims there are tracks he's completely forgotten about. I doubt that too. He once claimed he didn't know where Brett Anderson could had heard 'Let Me Sleep Beside You' when he must have known it had been released on numerous compilations.

#12050 - Thu, 06 Nov 2008 03:53:00 Re: Website Update
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
The thing is, artists often have absolutely nothing to do with the run-of-the-mill, everyday kind of compilations - so it could in fact be true.

#12051 - Thu, 06 Nov 2008 04:33:00 Re: Website Update
JesperDK Offline

Loc: Denmark
I think it`s true when Billy says, that he hasn`t heard the tracks for a long long time
- while other musicians certainly do listen to their tracks Im sure. Its always very difficult for fans like us to imagine, that they don`t...but imagine that you`ve listened to and played a track a million times... how strange it might sound, you can get very very tired of listening to a track, though you are very proud of it.
The most interesting thing is though, that Billy writes about his new inspiration in the "Rage In Eden" compositions....that`s GREAT!!!! smile

#12052 - Thu, 06 Nov 2008 05:31:00 Re: Website Update
Oesterreicher II Offline

Loc: Buxham St. Deirdre
We're consumers, they're producers. We approach things from different angles. I can well understand why a composer or writer might not re-visit material for a long, long time - been there, felt it, interpreted it, recorded it, moved on to the next inspiration.

It's mighty anticipation-generating that Billy refers to RIE-inspired tracks and cites two real favourites in that context. I could, perhaps, suggest a bass player, a drummer and a guitarist (whom I believe sings a few vocals, too) should he wish to augment his sound . . .

#12053 - Thu, 06 Nov 2008 06:41:00 Re: Website Update
Cromlech Offline

Loc: Wales :the lumpy bit on the si...
Quote:
Originally posted by Havocman:
Billy's been updating again and has some interesting news. Click here for enlightenment. Sadly, he doesn't mention a reunion but does mention the next batch of remasters. laugh
And yet he deliberately doesn't say anything.

Hat's off to whoever is orchestrating this whole 'will they/won't they thing'.

At the risk of getting eviscerated by our favourite multi-multi-instrumentalist it almost seems as if he's posting under a D-notice.

Ah, happy informationally existentialist days....

viking

#12054 - Fri, 07 Nov 2008 15:38:00 Re: Website Update
Tom27 Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Germany
All infos on Billys new album sound really great and I am looking forward to getting it smile

But... how can he only leave us waiting until April next year? Oh... such a looong time.

Cheers
Tom