Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11715 - Sat, 05 Sep 2009 22:07:00 Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Lacrymosa Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Altrincham
Hey, I got Billy's new album (amazon downloads) i dowloaded it this morning, its called 'Refine' and is dammm goood!!!

Tracks;

Soliloquy
Exremism
Supporting the sky with both hands
Empty stange mantra
Beyond our own skin
People came and laughed
Martyr points
Bend the bow
Love signs and triangles

#11716 - Sat, 05 Sep 2009 22:09:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Lacrymosa Offline

Link to amazon downloads, £4.99 too wink

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Refine/dp/B002MT...9714&sr=1-6

#11717 - Sat, 05 Sep 2009 22:21:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Lacrymosa Offline

...oops i missed a track off, Bit me!

'Cycle there' bieng the one i missed

Tracks;

Soliloquy
Exremism
Supporting the sky with both hands
Empty stange mantra
Beyond our own skin
People came and laughed
Martyr points
Bend the bow
Love signs and triangles
Cycle there

#11718 - Sun, 06 Sep 2009 02:11:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Feòrag NicBhrìde Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Billy hasn't updated his website yet. After hearing of the shenanighans the record company of one of my other favourite artists has been up to, perhaps he can be enticed to let us know where he'd prefer us to buy it.

#11719 - Sun, 06 Sep 2009 02:59:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
CONNY'S PIG Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Sunderland
Quote:
Originally posted by Feòrag NicBhrìde:
Billy hasn't updated his website yet. After hearing of the shenanighans the record company of one of my other favourite artists has been up to, perhaps he can be enticed to let us know where he'd prefer us to buy it.
When purchasing the new album, whether it be physical hard copy or download, surely the decision of purchase outlet is the buyers perogative - not the artists. Bilio might come on here and prompt us to buy from www.joebloggs/whatever.com
at a price of £49.99 - know what I mean, Mrs biglaugh

#11720 - Sun, 06 Sep 2009 03:07:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Lacrymosa Offline

I just emailed him to push him in the right direction!!

#11721 - Sun, 06 Sep 2009 04:08:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Lacrymosa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by CONNY'S PIG:
Quote:
[b] Billy hasn't updated his website yet. After hearing of the shenanighans the record company of one of my other favourite artists has been up to, perhaps he can be enticed to let us know where he'd prefer us to buy it.
When purchasing the new album, whether it be physical hard copy or download, surely the decision of purchase outlet is the buyers perogative - not the artists. Bilio might come on here and prompt us to buy from www.joebloggs/whatever.com
at a price of £49.99 - know what I mean, Mrs biglaugh [/b]
Valid point Pig!

#11722 - Sun, 06 Sep 2009 04:39:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Feòrag NicBhrìde Offline

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Quote:
Bilio might come on here and prompt us to buy from www.joebloggs/whatever.com
at a price of £49.99
Not if none of that was going to him! Here's the record company shenanighans to which I was referring .

Now, if Billy's got a label, then it might be better for him if I can buy direct from him, so he gets both royalty and the vendor's cut. Or he might be self-publishing, so to speak, in which case it's definitely better to buy direct, or via some vendor which hasn't demanded as big a discount as the likes of Amazon do.

#11723 - Sun, 06 Sep 2009 17:24:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

Loc: North of Eden heading South......
GOOD GOD!!! Christmas has arrived early!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11724 - Sun, 06 Sep 2009 19:47:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
man of two worlds. Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: chester
If anybody finds this album on cd, please let me know as i cannot download on my phone
Regards Scott

#11725 - Sun, 06 Sep 2009 20:14:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Scott,

Sorry - Billy stated in his May 2009 posting on his website that his new album would be download only, so it's unlikely they'll be a CD release of this.

Regards,

Paul

#11726 - Sun, 06 Sep 2009 20:45:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Bilio might come on here and prompt us to buy from www.joebloggs/whatever.com
at a price of £49.99
Not if none of that was going to him! Here's the record company shenanighans to which I was referring .

Now, if Billy's got a label, then it might be better for him if I can buy direct from him, so he gets both royalty and the vendor's cut. Or he might be self-publishing, so to speak, in which case it's definitely better to buy direct, or via some vendor which hasn't demanded as big a discount as the likes of Amazon do. [/b]
I think there's a couple of issues here. For the conspiracy theorists in the world, it's always good to paint record companies as bad guys in all ways. That's completely dependent on your point of view, although I'd maintain not so - sadly, depite this assertion from many, life is never so black and white.

Now, I've never heard of 'Amanda F***ing Paalmer' (as her blog represents her), and to be truthful, I neither have the time or will to go through her complete blog to see how she ended up in her situation. Although I can sympathise that she feels she is being given a very raw deal by her label, let's not be naive here; it is both hers and her labels interest to exploit her catalogue as much as they can. I have to assume that how sales (and payments due in all royalty respects) of her work through iTunes or Amazon were discussed and agreed by her at the time she put pen to paper and signed that record deal - if the record company has gone against that contract agreement, then she has grounds legally to get them to pay up what she is due. But saying that, it is also in an artists interest to cover every aspect and protect their work however they have to. If the contract a person has signed with a label allowing work to be distributed has not specifically take into account royalites she would be entitled to from outlets like iTunes, then maybe next time they should hire a sharper lawyer (or whoever they engage with to represent them in contract negotiations) to make sure a costly mistake like that happens one time only. There is always devil and detail, and the lesson to be learned should be once bitten, twice shy.

I do not think this happens across the board with musicians. If this was the case, artists would refuse to let their music be distributed throigh those outlets. With iTunes, the case in point is The Beatles, whose work still does not appear there despite years of negotation. Presumably the way it is proposed to be distributed and handled by EMI and iTunes is not quite how they want their work to be represented, so negotations continue.

Billy does not have a record company at the moment, and mentioned in May that he went his separate ways from Voiceprint at the end of last year. But he does say on his music page that his work is available through 'iTunes, eMusic, Amazon MPS, etc'. On that basis, I think you have to presume that he's covered his payment issues satisfactorily and that he's happy to have his work accessed and purchased by people through these outlets.

I'm looking forward to hearing the album. Sounds like it's going to be cracking!

All the best,

Paul

#11727 - Sun, 06 Sep 2009 21:14:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Lacrymosa Offline

Guys, with all due respect to all... alli want is the music, i would like a physical copy, but given that i couldn't get any of them anywhere... amazon had come me rescue, well apart from the 'pieces of the puzzle' and the humania albuim which i would love to hear.

No complaints, i love the new album... dam good!

#11728 - Sun, 06 Sep 2009 22:19:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
stufarq Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Here
Quote:
Originally posted by Lacrymosa:
Hey, I got Billy's new album (amazon downloads) i dowloaded it this morning, its called 'Refine' and is dammm goood!!!
Thanks for the heads up. iTunes has it too but only the US store - not the UK one! Can't find it anywhere else. The Amazon downloader's a real pain to use and doesn't download the album art.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hitchcock:
Hi Scott,

Sorry - Billy stated in his May 2009 posting on his website that his new album would be download only, so it's unlikely they'll be a CD release of this.

Although the same was said about Sinews Of the Soul. Still annoyed about having to buy that twice.

#11729 - Mon, 07 Sep 2009 00:24:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

I have to say - Soliloquy is an absolute MASTERPIECE!! I LOVE this track!!

I think this album has to be his best to date..... I am real excited by it... its the kind of stuff that really does make one wonder what a new Ultravox album would sound like today.

Yep I also think Amazon downloader is a real pain in the gut to use! Glad to have got it though - I would certainly not mind buying hard copy if one were to come up in the near future. I did find that the album art did download with the Amazon purchase though??

Jus

#11730 - Mon, 07 Sep 2009 00:28:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

PS .... isn't the artwork STUNNING?

What a great year 2009 is turning out to be!!!!!
excited woohoo
mexican

#11731 - Mon, 07 Sep 2009 03:50:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Lacrymosa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desolate Angel:

excited woohoo
mexican
Oh yes Angel, you are so right... Loved it the minute i saw the artwork, then there's the music. God I love it like maaaaaad!!

Mwahhhh Thanks Billy

Ciao

#11732 - Mon, 07 Sep 2009 03:56:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

I shall be listening to it for the rest of the evening. What can I say - he's done it again - the mans a genius!!! laugh

#11733 - Mon, 07 Sep 2009 04:04:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Lacrymosa Offline

Yes it does make one wonder what it would sound like, ok i am partial... I think billy's album are the cream of the solo excursion's (the Italian apologises if i spelt it wrong) of the 80's line up, ok MU's 'answers...' and 'Pure' aren't bad but Billy's are on a different plateau
altogether

Adriana

#11734 - Mon, 07 Sep 2009 15:53:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lacrymosa:
Yes it does make one wonder what it would sound like, ok i am partial... I think billy's album are the cream of the solo excursion's (the Italian apologises if i spelt it wrong) of the 80's line up, ok MU's 'answers...' and 'Pure' aren't bad but Billy's are on a different plateau
altogether

Adriana
Great minds think alike!!! Totally agree. Billy's material is sheer class.

Was listening to this again this morning - amazing. Really done a fine job this time! What can I say other than wheeeyyyyy!

Did you notice small snippets from Skips of a Chopped Head in Empty Stage Mantra? (on intro). Owww I'm really pleased with this one. I wish he's play some of this stuff live - that would be really cool. smile

#11735 - Tue, 08 Sep 2009 01:54:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Tor Arne Offline

Loc: Kristiansand, Norway
To those outside UK: Found it on iTunes :-)

#11736 - Tue, 08 Sep 2009 06:28:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Rodney Offline

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand
Cheers for that, Tor ... I'd already downloaded it from iTunes last night and converted the tracks to WAV files and have burnt-off a CD-R already ... listened to it last night and in the car on the way to work this morning. I concur, this sounds very good from what I've heard so far.

Billy has updated his website with some details ... tracklisting, credits.

Billy: If you read this, is there any chance that you could arrange for higher resolution copies of the cover art and any additional artwork for Refine to be made available? Perhaps it could be put-up on your website or forwarded onto Cerise to put-up in the Media Archive on this website?

Being 'old-school', I'd really like to be able to knock-up full CD artwork for this album, so any additional images would be very much appreciated.

Cheers ...

#11737 - Tue, 08 Sep 2009 09:26:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Craven Offline

Loc: London
Early days but on first listen, this is really really good - I'm gonna have to get off my arse and learn how to burn it to a CD.

#11738 - Tue, 08 Sep 2009 22:35:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Alex De Large Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Repulika Hayling
Quote:
Originally posted by Rodney:
Cheers for that, [b]Tor ... I'd already downloaded it from iTunes last night and converted the tracks to WAV files and have burnt-off a CD-R already ... listened to it last night and in the car on the way to work this morning. I concur, this sounds very good from what I've heard so far.

Billy has updated his website with some details ... tracklisting, credits.

Billy: If you read this, is there any chance that you could arrange for higher resolution copies of the cover art and any additional artwork for Refine to be made available? Perhaps it could be put-up on your website or forwarded onto Cerise to put-up in the Media Archive on this website?

Being 'old-school', I'd really like to be able to knock-up full CD artwork for this album, so any additional images would be very much appreciated.

Cheers ... [/b]
All done and available on Billy's site.
Ta! Mick (Alex - or whatever I'm called this week)

#11739 - Tue, 08 Sep 2009 22:39:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Alex De Large Offline

Desolate Angel. You found me on Twitter!!! How funny.
:p

#11740 - Tue, 08 Sep 2009 22:43:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex De Large:
All done and available on Billy's site.
Ta! Mick (Alex - or whatever I'm called this week)
Fab - thanks Mick! laugh

Err - where is it? confused smile

#11741 - Tue, 08 Sep 2009 23:03:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Alex De Large Offline

On the news page. Bloody Adobe Flash websites!!

Billy and I have been talking about doing a major overhaul and refit on his site very soon. May be a good idea to move over to HTML. I'll let Billy decide. I'm just a lowly design monkey.

Aloha!
Mick

#11742 - Tue, 08 Sep 2009 23:21:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Jouni Salo Offline

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
I just bought this on iTunes and I have to say this is worth every penny.

Thanks for making the cover art available.

#11743 - Wed, 09 Sep 2009 01:29:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Dominic Offline

Loc: Bali - Indonesia
I bought "Refine" on I-Tunes too and I must admit it's one of Billy's best albums. The first album will however remain my fave & special one, as I remember that Billy said it was written right after a trip to Bali, Indonesia (where I've been living for the last 13 years), and as I used the "Traveller" track as a soundtrack for a 5 mn "photo-clip" during my studies at a famous Belgian school of photography... ;-)

#11744 - Wed, 09 Sep 2009 03:33:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
Thanks Billy, thanks Mick! laugh
x

#11745 - Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:01:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

I think this IS my fav Billy album - I really am taken with it - I'm still a bit lost for words though to put together some sort of review!!! It really is great though - I too was very taken with Transportation - it was my fave - then I kinda got into Push and couldnt really decide between the two but I think Refine wins hands down - I can't quite put my finger on what it is but there is 'something' in this album - I'll get there!! I think its quite a 'deep' album. Sorry to bang on - really impressed though!! As I said to Mick - it took me a while just to get on over the super art work!! Ahhhh it was worth the wait!! I can't believe it actually escaped my radar for a week or so!!!! laugh

#11746 - Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:06:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

PS (write first - think later syndrome - mild attack..) Mr Design Monkey - (there could be a banana in it for you...
roflmao

do away with Flash - it takes yonks to load on a slow connection - my dongle hates it wink

#11747 - Wed, 09 Sep 2009 18:01:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Alex De Large Offline

Blimey!! It's number 10 in Amazon's Dance and Electronic Chart.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/dmusic/118619031/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_dmusic_1_2_last

Congrats Billy!!
woohoo

#11748 - Wed, 09 Sep 2009 18:11:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
1.Outside Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Blumin 'eck. Can somebody in touch with Billy let him know (if they haven't already)? Nice one Billy.

#11749 - Wed, 09 Sep 2009 19:17:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Rodney Offline

Mick: Thank you very much for making your excellent artwork available ... much appreciated.

Would you be prepared to reveal a trade secret and let us know what the fonts are that you've used? wink

What's the prose incorporated into the artwork?

Oh, and finally, would you happen to have a reasonably recent photo of Billy, perhaps working away in his studio, or otherwise, that might look good behind a clear CD tray?

Sorry, not asking for 'much', eh?

Cheers ...

#11750 - Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:00:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Joby Offline

Loc: Louth, UK
Quote:
I've dropped you an email, maate...give us a shout back, please.

Phil.

#11751 - Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:59:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
1.Outside Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Quote:
Being 'old-school', I'd really like to be able to knock-up full CD artwork for this album
Pah, Rodney, call that 'old school'.

Personally I like to knock up a vinyl copy on my vinyl press and make a gatefold sleeve for it. I then like to put a "WH Smith £3.99" sticker on it and put it in a plastic sleeve. I also take it home and play it on a 'music centre' in the front room before my mum comes in and tells me it's time for tea and to TURN THAT RACKET DOWN.

That's what I call old school.

#11752 - Fri, 11 Sep 2009 02:50:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

So........... I know its early days - but for those who are currently enjoying 'Refine' - what is your top three? Difficult choice I know ... but heres mine

1. Soliloquy
2. Empty Stage Mantra
3. Martyr Points (love the violin solo in this)

wld be interested to know what everyone had as their top plays smile
Jus

#11753 - Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:00:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Tor Arne Offline

My top three (at the moment):

1 Extremism (love the 'clear' sound)
2 Soliloquy
3 Beyond Our Own Skin

#11754 - Sat, 12 Sep 2009 00:04:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Alex De Large Offline

Ok then.

I'm sorry if I got on anyone's dongle. It won't happen again. Promise.

Fonts. I'll have to look them up and find out. (Although it does kinda beg the question why dya wanna know? Are you gonna do a sequel?)

Text. I'm not gonna say - let your imagination fill in the gaps and meaning.

Pictures of Billy. No I'm afraid - I get frisked by his body guards for recording equipment and cameras every time he comes to my house or I go to his.

Take care. Mick
P.S. What's a dongle? Didn't really wanna ask Desolate Angel in case she thought I was nutjob

#11755 - Sat, 12 Sep 2009 04:31:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Rodney Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex De Large:
Fonts. I'll have to look them up and find out. (Although it does kinda beg the question why dya wanna know? Are you gonna do a sequel?)
No, nothing dodgy, I assure you, Mick! It's just that my inkjet printer and the glossy card I use doesn't produce a very good result with the small text on your artwork, such as the credits details ... the white gets washed-out by the other colours. I was just wanting to 'overtype' the text and make it a bit more bold so as to get a much sharper print result.

Thanks for your response about a photo, too ... the last lot of photos were for Accidental Poetry Of The Structure (other than those taken on the Ultravox tour), so I was just hoping for a recent 'solo' shot ... no worries.

Thanks again, Mick.

#11756 - Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:15:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

Blimey it's all gone quiet in here……….. confused2

Well I eventually got my head together (actually, no I didn’t! I NEVER do that!!! ) - I decided to finish my little album review last night. As usual really enjoyed doing it (unlike the 5 hour long Chinese Experimental music anthology of last week!!!! - eeek).

It should be published within the week and I will share links with you as and when, however, seeing as this is such ANOTHER GREAT GIFT of 2009, laugh I thought I'd share the unedited version with you guys here.

Of course I love all of this album, I was seriously overjoyed to hear it. I had been exicited since first reading it was coming out, but I was still very much taken back with its content when it eventually surfaced - its even better than what I imagined it would be.

Although its very fresh sounding, some of the sounds made me think of both Visage and Ultravox - tracks like 'Stranger Within' for the atmospherics and also 'Mind of a Toy' (intro to Empty Stage Mantra). Great classic sounds presented in a really fresh way, rather than blatantly treading a beaten track if you see what I mean. Should deffo appeal to many on here I would have thought - perhaps more so than previous work.

Biased? Me? Never!!!!!!! lmao (seriously though, those that heard it - it's good innit??) - oppps - PH - I'm doing that multiple punctuation mark thing you hate!!!! Ho ho ho… sorrieeee.. sad

Review incoming shortly - just grabbing the scissors ….. Cut and pasting…... Jus

#11757 - Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:27:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

“Music is…….. reaching out towards upmost realities…,” Ralph Vaughan Williams, 1872 - 1958

‘Refine’ is pure indulgence, presenting a depth of character that expands way beyond the base of a vast ocean. Containing superb moments of light and shade, there remains no shadow of a doubt that this is Billy Currie’s finest output to date. A work of philosophical complexities and strong inner concepts, the ornate album artwork is the perfect pictorial representation.

“Soliloquy” is a vibrant description of flawless portraiture. The opening passage, an amalgamation of gracious violin and piano, gently entice, going forth to exhibit one of albums boldest tracks. Its power and glory is celebrated during outbursts of dynamic synth textures, enhanced with the discrete underlying melody throughout.

The vibrations of “Extremism” extend beautifully alongside a contemporary styled groove; the expressive instrumentation injecting a sense of adventure into what could be a sinister journey, before a more jovial destination is reached in “Supporting the Sky with Both Hands.”

The ornamental and flamboyant “Empty Stage Mantra” flaunts its body, drawing attention to the unconventional & atmospheric string enhancements, before the piano style shows a warm affection towards ‘Quartet’s’ “Cut and Run.” “Beyond Our Own Skin” grants uplifting freedom, completed as it edges into a movement that becomes busied, erratic and heroic.

“People Came and Laughed” is a scene of serenity, promptly switching to a beat driven swing of seduction, further enhanced with lustful keys. Bridged with celebratory sounding synth swirls and crashes of atmospheric improvisation, it’s complemented with a vivid digression to the most beautiful naked piano – all before the tracks final climax.

“Martyr Points” is driven by a catchy ostinato, before breaking into those classic sounds that could easily have emerged from the Ultravox/Visage backwater; yet somehow manage to flow from a fresh natural spring rather than a recycling plant. The violin solo is one of the most engaging flashbacks.

Emulating a creepy cold presence of spirit with its gentle opening chimes is “Bend the Bow,” constructing its own ghostly tune - each note decaying in such a way that lends a darker side to every lurking shadow.

Billy Currie is a virtuoso who continues to seek new forms of conceptual expression. The unrivalled quality that is ‘Refine,’ is set to ensure that demand for Billy’s highly prized originality shall not be diminished.

Refine is a grand result and wonderfully produced - expect a full-bodied unveiling of distinguished and intellectual musical illustration.
------
‘Refine’ is out now and available for digital download at Amazon

Additional artwork can be downloaded from Billy Currie\'s website

Produced by Billy Currie and Peter Dudley.

Album Artwork by Mick O’Farrell of Revolver Creative (U.K)

#11758 - Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:10:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Gillian Offline

Loc: East of Eden but Returning
Spot on again Jus - can't disagree with or add anything to this at all. I particularly liked the quote from Vaughan Williams as well and think it illustrated the review perfectly. I think my fave has to be Martyr Points - again I love anythng with a violin in after studying it for 15 years...... (didn't love it at the time sometimes laugh ). I hope Billy reads this and sees how we all rate it - job's a good 'un Mr Currie and remember "mind my fiddle" laugh wink

#11759 - Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:30:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Tor Arne Offline

Great review, m'dear!

#11760 - Wed, 16 Sep 2009 01:20:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Lilybelle Offline

Loc: Kent
Great review Jus smile

#11761 - Wed, 16 Sep 2009 02:34:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Leona Offline

Loc: UK
May see you at Rusty's party at the weekend then, DA......

#11762 - Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:09:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Llais Offline

Loc: Llandybie, S W Wales
Great review Jus

It really enhanced my enjoyment of the album - made me listen to the album in more depth. I'd encourage anyone to read the review while listening, you'll get so much more pleasure from what I believe to be a piece of 'Modern Classical' music.

And congratulations to Mr Currie too - your solo releases just get better all the time.

Martin

#11763 - Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:09:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Leona:
May see you at Rusty's party at the weekend then, DA......
Hi Leona
Strangely enough I've just been discussing the logistics of that this morning!

Hoping to be there, however, I've just been reminded I'm going to see an orchestra in Manchester the day before and I'm going to America on Wednesday for a friends/family/concert jaunt! It all came around a bit quick!! confused2

I have no idea who you are though!!!! smile

#11764 - Thu, 17 Sep 2009 04:50:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
man of two worlds. Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: chester
All i can say is excellent, the best so far

mexican

#11765 - Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:19:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Ishikawa Offline

Loc: Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by Desolate Angel:

excited woohoo
mexican
I just downloaded it from Amazon, but the only artwork I could see/get was the square CD-cover-style pic with the girl. I got no artwork in the actual download. Is there more stuff I'm missing; inside, back cover etc?

Thanks.

#11766 - Mon, 01 Mar 2010 17:10:00 Re: Billy Currie New Album out Now!!
Desolate Angel Offline

Hi
If you go to www.billycurrie.com - when the album first came out the artwork was put on there for download and included everything - ie back cover, onbody etc etc. Hope this helps! What did you think of the album? J

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >