Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#11397 - Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:29:00 jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
ADSR Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: inside my synth
maybe this question came up here already a long time ago and was also answered , but i haven't found that answer , sorry ! shocked

anyway ... while doing a bit of musical research some days ago i came across a link to a certain jeff allen , who was the drummer for the 70s glam-rock band hello and their german wikipedia site mentions "Drummer Jeff Allen, Bruder von Ultravox-Mitglied Chris Cross" ( in english : "drummer jeff allen , brother of ultravox-member chris cross" ) , which was indeed quite surprising news to me ! confused
can somebody confirm or deny this ?
i've never heard nor read about this before anywhere and there's also no mention about this on the english wikipedia site of the band hello nor anywhere else i've looked so far - incl. all possible ultravox sources ... or have i missed something then !? confused
would be interesting to know , if that jeff allen is indeed chris allen a.k.a. cross' brother , as he's a musician too ! wink
any further info would be greatly appreciated ! smile

#11398 - Thu, 09 Sep 2010 05:27:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
PASSINGSTRANGER Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: St. Albans U.K
I knew Jeff around the 80's although he was more of an "aquaintance" he used to work for the Royal Mail as a postie in St.Albans, although lost contact with him ages ago. Only found out about his connection with Chris when somebody once said" Jeff's brother plays Bass in Ultravox!" Remember meeting him at a couple of my cousin Judy's parties and was even at her wedding, nice guy,(similar in looks to Chris) I seem to remember him being in a band, but he seemed to play it down!
Bests,
Rob.

#11399 - Thu, 09 Sep 2010 06:21:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
Duncan Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Co. Monaghan, Ireland
OK MR CROSS OWN UP.Are you related in anyway to Lilly Allen? evilAnd if you are would you admit it roflmaoloadsaluv Dunk

#11400 - Thu, 09 Sep 2010 18:40:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
Chris Cross Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Peeps

Yes indeed the Jeff Allen you speak of is indeed my brother and he was a postie in St Albans and is a postie now in Harpendon.
He was in 'Hello' in the 70s and is a very good drummer and singer. Also a really nice bloke as you say.

It is not the Jeff Allen who is/was the drummer in 'East of Eden'

I have only been related to Lily Allen in my dreams but that is a whole other subject.................. I do like her songwriting style and content, she is a fantastic blend of intelligence and humanism. A rare talent. Smart and sharp.

#11401 - Thu, 09 Sep 2010 21:54:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
ADSR Offline

Loc: inside my synth
thanks a lot to PASSINGSTRANGER , Duncan and especially to Chris himself for the replies ! wink
that question was already bugging me for a while , so it's great to see that the man himself ( c. c. ) has answered it here so quickly ! smile
i very much appreciate such a cool service ! woohoo

#11402 - Fri, 10 Sep 2010 04:29:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Loc: Sunderland
Hello ADSR
Haven't we met before? confused2

#11403 - Sat, 11 Sep 2010 00:14:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
Indeed we have. ADSR/Olaf - whilst I appreciate that you behaved yourself in this thread, you are indeed still banned - so please quit with the multiple sleeper accounts you set up over the years. ADSR account now closed.

#11404 - Sat, 11 Sep 2010 03:09:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
PASSINGSTRANGER Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: St. Albans U.K
Does this make myself, Chris and Duncan Accessories confused wink lol
Oh, and hello Ash welcome , thought you might have been on ye way to the pie factory in Melton Mowbray by now! wink
Bests,
Rob.

#11405 - Sat, 11 Sep 2010 05:47:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Aye Bobby, ah picked up a triple pack o' Balti pies for just one quid. The chicken was playin' 'Hidey' tho. frown

The word 'Shafted' springs ti mind. shocked

Conny's Pig
News At Ten
Melton Mowbray

wink

#11406 - Tue, 14 Sep 2010 06:24:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
Lavaocean Offline

Loc: Barcelona
What is a postie?

Here's to Lilly Allen! Intelligent feminism!!! smile

Ash - I thought about you today: had curry!! laugh

Have you guys ever thought about how many times a day you think about people who are not actively part of your every day life? Food for thought here...

#11407 - Tue, 14 Sep 2010 07:03:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavaocean:

Ash - I thought about you today: had curry!! laugh

Well thankya kindly young miss. I had a Bombay Bad Boy today. Not literally you understand, but a hot curry pot noodle. I then made a chicken curry with extra hot Maysan paste and took it to work for me bait. Now winding down with a glass of lager and...wait for it... a bag of Morrison's 'Indian Relish Flavour Peanuts' eek

Oh dear, this addiction is getting out of hand again. I can feel myself morphing into Mr Tabnab again!!!!!!!!! frown

#11408 - Tue, 14 Sep 2010 07:28:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
Lavaocean Offline

Er... Tabnab, yes...

WE WERE SAYING ABOUT JEFF ALLEN...

TBH, I have no idea, will google him to see what he looks like IF there are any photos available on the internet, have become curious now. Not a doctor, is he? I can remember him being mentioned as such (brother of, not drummer of Christopher here) back in the eighties. But we had no Google then. Or mobile phones, Skype n stuff.

Ash, you are an addict, man!

#11409 - Tue, 14 Sep 2010 07:49:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
Lavaocean Offline

Here, Jeff Allen (on the right)

HELLO

And then there's also a myspace JEFF ALLEN site, some country music dude, not bad looking at all... wink

#11410 - Fri, 29 Oct 2010 07:45:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
Duncan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerise:
Indeed we have. ADSR/Olaf - whilst I appreciate that you behaved yourself in this thread, you are indeed still banned - so please quit with the multiple sleeper accounts you set up over the years. ADSR account now closed.
Please can I ask who is ADSR? and how on earth could you both tell it was someone that was banned? please don't let that make me an accessory, I've never wanted to be a hand bag biglaugh

#11411 - Fri, 29 Oct 2010 07:53:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
Duncan Offline

My God! I honestly can't believe it!, CHRIS CROSS of Ultravox replied to one of my questions. Knowing I was only joking and sure as hell didn't expect a reply,he answered it with a joke.Chris I thank you, you have know idea just how that made me feel.Anyway tell me about these dreams yer 'avin' roflmao

#11412 - Fri, 29 Oct 2010 23:35:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK
Duncan - with Olaf (and his other pseudonyms like ADSR) the mannerisms shine through once you have been subjected to his rating often enough... that's all I'll say!

I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff earlier this year, Chris introduced us after the Hammersmith show. Jeff's lovely! And there's definitely a family resemblance.

I can't remember if Rob or I took a photo of Chris and Jeff together, I think we might have done - I'll check over the weekend.

#11413 - Sun, 31 Oct 2010 06:00:00 Re: jeff allen - drummer and brother of chris ?
Duncan Offline

I think I know what you mean Cerise, I also got the impression that some one else tried this a little while back, a female if I remember correctly. There was something about the words she used and certain spelling mistakes but the way she came across you could just tell who she was.Was Snashy banned? I remember him getting a warning,but I haven't seen him on here for yonks