Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#11104 - Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:26:00 Re: videogame design director?
Nils Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Bremen, Germany
Mike,
Quote:

- You may be cheaper than Fiennes, Cusack or Irons
Definitely....
On the other hand some artists that have been forgotten (none of those three) do sell themselves way below their price. In the 80s Isabell Varell (singer and actress) was quite popular in Germany. Now we can see her on QVC (or a similar homeshopping channel)...... .

To the accent-thing: when I visited Scotland I had no idea how the accent sounds. And I can't remember that I have heard the scottish accent at all. Do only the people from Glasgow (and around Glasgow) have the accent, or is it more likely that all the people we talked to tried to speak without an accent? All in all there was only one man we didn't understand at all. We thought: okay, we don't understand a word and it is said that the scottish accent is difficult to understand, so this must be a Scotsman!
......he came from Dover.......... wink .
I really love to hear the scottish accent, so it's a pity that I don't remember hearing it back then.

Mrs.X, although it wasn't really a hard question the similarity on this pic is - in my opinion - uncanny.
I wasn't able to post a pic of Midge here, because now he looks too different to John Cusack. And an older pic - well, who wouldn't already know it...... .

#11105 - Sat, 04 Sep 2004 06:22:00 Re: videogame design director?
1.Outside Offline

Loc: Birmingham
There isn't a 'Scottish accent' just as there isn't an English accent. There are a number of accents. The accent in Glasgow is quite different to the accent in Edinburgh for example.

#11106 - Sat, 04 Sep 2004 06:47:00 Re: videogame design director?
Mrs. X Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Nils:
[b]Mrs.X, although it wasn't really a hard question the similarity on this pic is - in my opinion - uncanny.
I wasn't able to post a pic of Midge here, because now he looks too different to John Cusack. And an older pic - well, who wouldn't already know it...... .[/b]
Well, the picture is rather small, so it's a bit hard to see whether there was any resemblance to Midge or not, but I definitely could tell it was John Cusack. wink

Mrs. X

#11107 - Sat, 12 Feb 2005 00:06:00 Re: videogame design director?
Wide Boy Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Grangemouth, Scotland
Nils: 'Is he a religious man? His surname is Allen, but he called himself "St. John" or "Cross".'

I've been harbouring a pet theory about Chris's choice of stage-names for a while now, wondering if perhaps he is a fan of Salvador Dali, or at least one particular painting of Dali's...
The work I'm referring to is 'Christ of St. John of the Cross'. The title contains 'St. John' and 'Cross', and there is also the aural equivalence of 'Christ of' and Christopher, which I assume is Chris's actual first name...
On top of this, Dali was a surrealist, a movement in art that is of some interest to those who study psychology/psychiatry, which I believe is Chris's current profession.

In case you're interested, 'Christ of St. John of the Cross' is owned by the City of Glasgow, and is on display in that fine city's Museum of Religious Life and Art; an excellent place to spend an hour or two on a Saturday morning before hitting the West End pubs at opening time, and then on to Firhill for the football.

Regards,

Wide Boy

#11108 - Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:02:00 Re: videogame design director?
Mike_L Offline

Loc: Greenock, Scotland
When did they start playing football at Firhill ? wink

#11109 - Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:17:00 Re: videogame design director?
Wide Boy Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Grangemouth, Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike_L:
When did they start playing football at Firhill ? wink
Partick Thistle became a football club in 1876; about 12 years before Celtic became a PLC...

:p

#11110 - Sat, 19 Feb 2005 07:07:00 Re: videogame design director?
Nils Offline

Loc: Bremen, Germany
Now I have it:
the perfect actor to play Warren is Christian Bale !!!! Right? Right! laugh

And thanks for the information, Scott! smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2