Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#1108 - Fri, 07 Jul 2006 18:07:00 Amsterdam show cancelled
birdsong Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: southampton
Something else from myspace in case the news isn't travelling (apologies if this is posted here - I couldn't see it)

John and Louis gig in Amsterdam (opening the tour) is postponed until November!!!

The dates are now thus:
Jul 21 Korova Liverpool
Jul 22 King Tut's Wah Wah Hut Glasgow
Jul 23 2006 Fibbers York
Jul 24 2006 The Leadmill Sheffield
Jul 25 2006 The Little Civic Wolverhampton
Jul 26 2006 Arts Centre Norwich
Jul 27 2006 The Scala London
Jul 28 2006 The Social Nottingham
Jul 29 2006 Josephs Well Leeds
Jul 30 2006 Barfly Cardiff
Jul 31 2006 Pressure Point Brighton

#1109 - Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:22:00 Re: Amsterdam show cancelled
Shadow Man Offline

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Thank you Martin for posting this here - I think you done it for me wink
I have no official information until yet but I think your info from myspace is right. I hope they have a good reason!

I don't know why but I have feared this every day- this is the reason I checked the paradiso list sometimes. At least I have not to spend a drink to both as I said in my posts on another topic 'cause now I'm right (sadlywise) laugh .
Okay this is the risk you go for if you not come from UK and want to see John live.
Bad for me is I lost some money 'cause of the online order of the tickets.
Perhaps John and Louis would spend a drink for ME! if they ever come to Hamburg? nervouslaugh

But this is no drama. I planned to travel to Amsterdam in the next years for sight - seeing. The John Foxx gig was the reason I do it this year. I think I will have a nice time without John too. wink But I certainly will take care of future bookings of John's non- UK gigs. I think it is the best you wait until the last day.

SO - NO JOHN AND LOUIS THIS YEAR!
I don't think I travel again to Amsterdam in November for a shaky gig 'cause the weather isn't so good in November... biglaugh

Okay, Guy's: I wish you all great concerts and a lot of fun!!! It's not long time to wait now....

#1110 - Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:53:00 Re: Amsterdam show cancelled
birdsong Offline

Loc: southampton
Sorry to hear of your disappointment Andreas.

I home that a 'European' tour is announced for November and the guys will maybe play in Hamburg.
They owe you a gig - invite them to your house!!

Lol - messing of course. It's a disappointment and I feel for you.

#1111 - Sat, 08 Jul 2006 01:07:00 Re: Amsterdam show cancelled
Shadow Man Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by birdsong:
They owe you a gig - invite them to your house!!
lmao

Oh yes, it's a great idea . We could sit on broken furniture and read the walls....

lmao lmao lmao

#1112 - Sat, 08 Jul 2006 03:00:00 Re: Amsterdam show cancelled
Craig Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Peterborough
Hi Shadow Andreas, sorry to hear you'll miss out, but I'm sure between Metalbeat, me, and a few other sources, you'll get to hear the concerts. Perhaps if John and Louis come to your house, their next official live album will be ' Live in Andreas' Living Room - as big as a city'!
I'm starting the official petition to John & Louis now - let's all email John and ask him to play Hamburg in November!
Cheers

#1113 - Sat, 08 Jul 2006 03:46:00 Re: Amsterdam show cancelled
METAL BEAT Offline

Loc: Watford
Hi Andreas
I bet at the moment you are feeling really p****d off about the concert being cancelled. mad I feel your disappointment Andreas. Anyway not is all lost I'm sure you'll enjoy Amsterdam.
Hopefully John will make it up to you and do a concert in Hamburg.
Peter

#1114 - Sat, 08 Jul 2006 04:53:00 Re: Amsterdam show cancelled
METAL BEAT Offline

Loc: Watford
I was just thinking why was the Amsterdam show cancelled? Perhaps we'll never know. I wonder how many tickets were sold? As far as I'm aware there are no people on this forum that live in Holland.
Regards
Peter

#1115 - Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:16:00 Re: Amsterdam show cancelled
Shadow Man Offline

Perhaps I bought the only two tickets which were sold. laugh

The gigs outside UK certainly would never so full of people as the UK gigs!
But this is no wonder 'cause of John's rare gigs the last years (Bielefeld and Barcelona - that was it - since 1983!) and his slight advertising for his new stuff. Many people of the younger generation never heard about John Foxx. And the most of the older ones went off from his music. I'm one of the handful guys of the old days here outside UK.
I think if John will have full clubs he have to do a bit more for this as in the past!

Perhaps he have to live with the fact the clubs are only half filled on his first tour outside UK after so many years!!
I hope he decide to do it though it would not be sold out and not to cancel whichever he want!
This is very upsetting for his loyal fans here in Europe I think and I have to admit ; in the first moment I heard he cancelled the Amsterdam show I thought of the best method to kill this guy! bemused

#1116 - Sun, 09 Jul 2006 07:17:00 Re: Amsterdam show cancelled
robert Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: london
Sorry about the amsterdam gig shadow man. Like me i know how much you love johns music. By the way im 27. Have a good summer. Regards Rob.

#1117 - Sun, 09 Jul 2006 16:07:00 Re: Amsterdam show cancelled
Shadow Man Offline

Thank you all for your comments! wink

This makes me feeling a lot better!

Craig; a live session in my room would be a good idea! Perhaps I should invite you all too and we call it " John in Andreas' Living Room with Friends ( as big as a city) " laugh .

Thank you for your start of the e-mail. Perhaps we could call it "Andy - Aid "? lmao

Thanks a lot, guy's for your sympathy!!!

It's not long to wait for you now!
HAVE A NICE TIME ON THE GIGS!!!

I think of you...( without envy) wink

#1118 - Sun, 09 Jul 2006 22:38:00 Re: Amsterdam show cancelled
Rena Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Magdeburg, Deutschland
Quote:
Originally posted by METAL BEAT:
I was just thinking why was the Amsterdam show cancelled? Perhaps we'll never know. I wonder how many tickets were sold? As far as I'm aware there are no people on this forum that live in Holland.
John should have planned a gig in Germany right at the beginning of his tour...I´m sure they would have sold all tickets as there are quite a few fans over here. I hope they´ll release some more dates soon. And I´m praying that one gig will be somewhere near Magdeburg or Leipzig (sorry Andreas, this wouldn´t be ideal for you...).
TTFN
Rena wink

#1119 - Sat, 22 Jul 2006 05:01:00 Re: Amsterdam show cancelled
Shadow Man Offline

So! Now I came back from Amsterdam for a few minutes and want to tell you what was happen for me there...

On the 19th I went with my friend to the paradiso with my John Foxx tickets and asked them for an exchange ('cause I don't want to go there in Nov. again).

SO THEY GAVE ME MY FULL MONEY BACK!!! PLUS! FREE ENTRANCE TO THE LAST HALF HOUR OF THE JOE JACKSON CONCERT !!! AND!! 6!!! FREE DRINKS. The concert of Joe Jackson was brilliant! And he filled the big hall completely! SOLD OUT!!! John & Louis MISSED A GREAT EVENING in Amsterdam into a very nice concert hall - it's an old church; today used for concerts. VERY CATHEDRAL OCEANS AMBIENTE... I saw the small hall too which John wanted to use - VERY SMALL! I think it is VERY full with 300 people within...

So - I had a nice great surprise - DONE BY THE PARADISO TEAM!!!

THANKS A LOT FOR IT! I'm very thankfully...

By the way : AMSTERDAM WAS FANTASTIC!!!

Bye, start to the eastern coast tomorrow...
Have a nice time with John & Louis!!!

Shadowmandreas