Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Order Midge Ure's new album 'Fragile' here now!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#105885 - Fri, 15 Jun 2012 22:30:51 Ultravox Bootlegs
BladeRunner Offline

Loc: Porto - Portugal
So... i was thinking, am i missing any bootleg?
I've this ones, mind that some titles may be altered...

#105889 - Sat, 16 Jun 2012 01:07:23 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Macfadyan Offline

Loc: s/e uk
I can't help, however, I'm fascinated by the first in that list.... ultimate remixed and extended.... I always wondered if there were proper remixes of hymn, the voice and vienna, rather then just albulm versions....

How could one accidently find such a thing, should one be walking along, innocently, one day?

#105894 - Sat, 16 Jun 2012 08:50:37 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
vox fox Offline

Loc: lincoln
Where do you find all these bootlegs? Fantastic collection..

#105896 - Sat, 16 Jun 2012 09:34:08 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Jon C Offline

Loc: France
Whats the quality like of the 80-84 bootlegs?

Thats some list.

I have set movements Glasgow on a tape somewhere.

#105902 - Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:38:24 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Björn Offline

Loc: Kalix, Sweden
I´m not so sure that this site is the right place to discuss bootlegs...

#105904 - Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:43:36 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Björn]
DougG Offline

Loc: Near(ish) Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted By: Björn

+1

#105905 - Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:43:58 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Björn]
Jon C Offline

Yes it is, why not? what band would want their fans NOT to have old live music to listen to?

Most bands have bootlegs of the bands they like, it's the time honoured fashion for fans around the world.

We buy the music we also exchange bootlegs, there's no harm in that one is losing money. If it meant they were then they would block every live track uploaded to youtube.

Edited by Jon C (Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:45:02)

#105912 - Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:38:14 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Macfadyan]
BladeRunner Offline

Originally Posted By: Macfadyan
I can't help, however, I'm fascinated by the first in that list.... ultimate remixed and extended.... I always wondered if there were proper remixes of hymn, the voice and vienna, rather then just albulm versions....

How could one accidently find such a thing, should one be walking along, innocently, one day?

It includes all the official versions, and some not official... there's a thread about it here in the forum.

#105913 - Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:40:44 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Björn]
BladeRunner Offline

I thought the guys didn't mind... and Cerise... but i'll send her a pm, and ask.

#105934 - Sun, 17 Jun 2012 01:24:47 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
memphisking Offline

Loc: LONDON/SYDNEY
same!! i wanna hear this stuff bounce Especially that 1980 stuff

#105952 - Sun, 17 Jun 2012 13:28:12 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Björn Offline

Loc: Kalix, Sweden
I also own bootlegs, but if I´m not mistaken, we had this discussion a couple of years ago and Cerise works together with EMI. I think she wished that discussions about bootlegs should be kept off the forum. But I may be wrong.

#105953 - Sun, 17 Jun 2012 13:40:31 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Björn]
Jon C Offline

I also own bootlegs, but if I´m not mistaken, we had this discussion a couple of years ago and Cerise works together with EMI. I think she wished that discussions about bootlegs should be kept off the forum. But I may be wrong.

Personally speaking I have bought every album numerous times over.
Exchanging bootlegs is a good thing..there's a difference between a bootleg and a counterfeit you know.

YouTube has changed the game now that all the bootlegs are now on the net in some shape or form

I don't think the band would begrudge the hardcore from reminiscing.

#105958 - Sun, 17 Jun 2012 14:42:54 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Björn]
BladeRunner Offline

Basically, you're right. But ... times change, and even the boys (Ultravox) change of opinion here and there ...
I think this issue of bootlegs not affect the question of sales. The bootlegs are reduced to live recordings, something that does not compete with the releases of the publisher.
We have three live albums, official ... "Monument", "BBC Radio 1" and "RTE" ... and remastered editions.
And I think we were sold on the expected number.
The bootlegs do not affect sales ... that's what I think.
Anyway I have sent a pm to Cerise, and I'm waiting for her opinion.

Cheers,

BladeRunner

Edited by BladeRunner (Sun, 17 Jun 2012 14:43:37)

#105963 - Sun, 17 Jun 2012 15:58:37 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Björn]
stufarq Offline

Loc: Here

You're right. Cerise doesn't want to invoke the wrath of EMI and asked that bootleg trading, links etc be kept off the open forum (although PMs aren't policed).

#105964 - Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:14:06 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Emulator Offline

Loc: New Malden, Surrey, UK
If anyone's got a boot of the final gig Ultravox mark two - the Systems line-up - played on their US tour in March 79, I'd love a copy.

#105965 - Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:27:03 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: stufarq]
Jon C Offline

EMI wouldnt do s**t, trust me on that.
They dont care one iota as it doesent affect them financially, it's not worth their time AND It would be disasterous PR for any band to came down on their loyal fans for sharing bootlegs it would be seen to be an act of cruelty akin to Gary Kemp taking back John Keebles drums & Steve Normans Sax (which of course he did do when he sadly beat them in court:-)

Edited by Jon C (Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:32:52)

#105966 - Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:59:15 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Jouni Salo Offline

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Music industry (and most other entertainment industry) assumes that scarcity will create demand for the content. It comes down to assumptions and realities of business like the real reason why UK venues do not allow photographs is because they can sell professional photographers permits which they could not do unless there was the artificial scarcity of photos. Bands and promoters would probably want people to take photos and post clips on youtube in hopes of word getting out.

Bootlegs work much the same way except there is an assumption people would not buy the CD when they can get a recorded gig for free. If there are free things then it might be harder to get that 20 bucks for the CD. As long as someone assumes revenues could be affected in some negative manner we can not have nice things.

#105979 - Sun, 17 Jun 2012 22:15:40 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Steven Killian Offline

Loc: England
Hmm... I think 2 years ago (or so) the problem was posting links to and trading bootlegs on the site. I don't think "talking" about bootlegs should be too much of an issue.

#105991 - Mon, 18 Jun 2012 08:28:15 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Björn]
Cerise Offline

Loc: Bristol, UK

As long as you don't link to bootlegs elsewhere on the web, discussing them is absolutely fine, and I think perfectly in keeping with the spirit of the forum. We are fans, after all. wink

Jon - I can assure you that EMI DO respond regarding the selling or trading of bootlegs - they have software which trawls the web looking for links to exactly that, and a Content Protection department which follows it up.

#106001 - Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:44:43 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Jon C Offline

This is great news, so we can discuss openly but not post links but we can talk via pm's.

Thanks for this Cerise.

#106037 - Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:45:47 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Captain Sumo Offline

Loc: De Goorn, North Holland
I can't add anything to your list Jon, but it's nice to see the gig I once recorded and shared has made its way into your list :-)

#106042 - Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:16:27 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Captain Sumo]
Jon C Offline

Originally Posted By: Captain Sumo
I can't add anything to your list Jon, but it's nice to see the gig I once recorded and shared has made its way into your list :-)

Thank god for guys like you mate as you have effectivly framed memories for us all.

Once again thanks.

Jon

#106087 - Thu, 21 Jun 2012 06:45:42 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
echoimage Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I have quite afew with quality ratings:

A - Sound board (A+ and A are sometimes interchangeable - usually an A might really be A+)
B - Audience (or what I think is audience) - B+ is excellent therefore B might be very good (may need to adjust some ratings) - for example I would consider B+ to be better sounding than A- and usually as good as an A. Actually a straight B is quite variable and I will try to explain where possible.
C - Don't consider

John Foxx
Reading Festival, 27th August 1977, art (front back), DAO, A

Stockholm Sweden, Studio 4, Radiohuset, 19th October 1977, FM, A
Intro, I Want To Be A Machine, Rockwrok, Slipaway, The Frozen Ones, A Distant Smile, Young Savage, My Sex, The Man Who Dies Every Day, Artificial Life, Wide Boys, Sat´day Night In The City Of The Dead, The Wild, the Beautiful & The Damned, Rockwrok (58:36)

Onkel PO’s, Hamburg, 7th March 1978, no art, DAO, a lot of hiss, B
I Want To Be A Machine, Rockwork, Slipaway, Frozen Ones, Hiroshima Mon Amour, Quiet Men, Man Who Dies, Artificial Life, Distant Smile, Young Savage, Saturday Night, Wild Beautiful &The Damed, Rockwork, Fear In The Western World (51:55)

Kant Kino, Berlin, 8th November 1978, no art, DAO, bad radio recording, A-
Intro, Man Who Dies Every Day, Slip Away, Some Of Them, Slow Motion, Hiroshima Mon Amour, Artifical Life, WIld. Beautiful And The Damned, Just For A Moment, Quiet Man, I Can't Stay Long, Young Savage, Young Savage (cont), Someone Else's Clothes, Blue Light, Rockwrok, My Sex (67:00)

Lyceum, London, 10th December 1978, no art, single track to Stay Long, grouped tracks, bad sound like static from record, C
The Man Who Dies Everyday, Slip Away, Some of Them, Slow Motion, Hiroshima mon Amour, Artificial Life, Just for a Moment, Quiet Men, I Cna't Stay Long, He's a Liquid, Walk Away, Young Savages, Someone Elses Clothes, Blue Light, Rockwrok, My Sex (71:24)

London, 26th December 1978, no art, mostly DAO, B+
The Man Who Dies Everyday, Slip Away, Some of Them, Slow Motion, Hiroshima mon Amour, Artificial Life, Just for a Moment, Quiet Men, I Cna't Stay Long, He's a Liquid, Walk Away, Young Savages, Someone Elses Clothes, Blue Light, Rockwrok (63:50)

Philadelphia, Hot Club,23rd February 1979, SBD, A
The man who dies everyday - Slip away - Slow motion - Hiroshima mon amour - Artificial life - Just for a moment - He's a liquid - Quiet men - I can't stay long - Someone else's clothes - Blue light - My sex Bonus: Young savage, Marquee London 78 - The wild, the beautiful, Rainbow, London 78

Euphoiria Club, Boston, 3rd March 1979, art (front back), DAO, dull sounding at start, SNB, A-
Slow motion, Hiroshima Mon Amour, Touch and Go, Artificial Life, Just for a Moment, He's a Liquid, Quiet Men, Blue Light, ROckwrok, My Sex (45:00)

Paradise Theate, Boston, 3rd March 1979, no art, DAO, excellent FM (London Wavelength Broadcast - original master), A
intro, Slow motion, Hiroshima Mon Amour, Touch and Go, Artificial Life, Just for a Moment, He's a Liquid, Quiet Men, Blue Light, ROckwrok, My Sex, outro (46:27)

Buffalo, Stage One 4th March 1979, no art, Single track, SBD?, A--
The Man Who Dies Everyday, Slip Away, Slow Motion, Hiroshima mon Amour, Touch and Go, Artificial Life, ............................... (69:29)

Whiskey, Los Angeles, 15th March 1979, no art, DAO, dull audience, B
The Man Who Dies Everyday, Slip Away, Slow Motion, Hiroshima mon Amour, Touch and Go, Artificial Life, Just for a Moment, He's a Liquid, Quiet Men, I Can't Stay Long, Someone Elses Clothes, Bluelight, Rockwrok, My Sex (60:46)

Detroit, 3rd August 1979, no art, DAO, B
The Man Who Dies Everyday, Slip Away, Slow Motion, Hiroshima mon Amour, Touch and Go, Artificial Life, Just for a Moment, He's a Liquid, Quiet Men,Radio Beach (cut), I Can't Stay Long, Someone Elses Clothes, Rockwrok, My Sex (66:50)

Midge Ure

Euphoria, Oregon, November 1979, no art, single track, B+/B
Astradyne, New Europeans, Quiet Men, Sound on Sound (early Face to Face), ? "instrumental", All Stood Still, Western Promise, (big change in dynamics of sound - louder - better) Mr X, Slow Motion, Hiroshima Mon Amour (cut), I Can't Stay Long, ? (52:00)

Milwauke, 29th November 1979, no art, DAO, dull but not bad, B
Astradyne, New Europeans, Quiet Men, Sound on Sound, All Stood Still, Mr X, Western Promise, Western Promise, Slow Motion, Hiroshima Mon Amour, Sleepwalk, I Can't Stay Long, Dislocation, Kings Lead Hat (72:27)

Mayflower, Manchester, 13th August 1980, no art, not DAO, very low level but solid, low left volume, C
Disc 1: Astradyne, New Europeans, Passing Strangers, Quiet Men, Face to Face, Mr X, Western Promise (41:09)
Disc 2: Vienna, Slow Motion, Hiroshima Mon Amour, All Stood Still, Sleepwalk, Private Lives, ?, Rock ‘n’ Roll (45:43)

Lyceum Ballroom, 17th August 1980, no art, Single track, B+/B lossy
Astradyne, New Europeans, Passing Strangers, Quiet Men, Face to Face, ? "instrumental", Mr X, Western Promise, (cut - turn over vinyl) Vienna, Slow Motion, Hiroshima Mon Amour, All Stood Still, Sleepwalk, Private Lives, ? (79:59)

Ole Man Rivers, New Orleans, 4th October 1980, no art, Single track, B
Astradyne, New Europeans, Passing Strangers, Quiet Men, Face to Face, ? "instrumental", Mr X, Western Promise, (long gap - turn over vinyl?) Vienna, Slow Motion, Hiroshima Mon Amour, All Stood Still, Sleepwalk, Private Lives, ? (77:48)

Lancaster, 7th December 1980, no art, DAO, distant but quite good, B
Quiet Men, Passing Strangers, Face to Face, Mr X, Western Promise, Vienna, Slow Motion, Hiroshima Mon Amour, Private Lives, New Europeans, All Stood Still, Sleepwalk, Astradyne, Kings Lead Hat (78:24)

Hammersmith Odeon 13th December 1980, no art, Single track, B+ lossy
Quiet Men, Passing Strangers, Face to Face, Mr X, Western Promise, Vienna, Slow Motion, Hiroshima Mon Amour (keeps jumping (as if the vinyl is jumping), Private Lives, New Europeans, All Stood Still (more jumping), Sleepwalk, Astradyne, Kings Lead Hat (75:30)

"Paris & Crystal", Paris Theatre, London 1980 & Crystal Palace Stadium, London 13/6/81, Mostly DAO - maybe the cuts are betwen the concerts - seems to start with the 1980 gig, swap to the 1981, then back to 1980 (i.e. Thin Wall is introduced as from the new album in a couple of months, Vienna (the second one) is touted as the current single). Quite good sound compared to most UV boots but lots of digital clicks towards the end (at the end of Vienna and Astradyne) - therefore only recommended for fans/collectors, A
Private Lives, Passionate Reply (cut between tracks), Thin Wall, Mr X, Western Promise, Vienna (bad edit between tracks), All Stood Still, Sleepwalk, Astradyne (cut between tracks), Mr X, All Stood Still, Sleepwalk, Vienna, Astradyne (73:14)

Crystal Palace Stadium, London, 13th June 1981, no art, DAO, A
New Europeans, Passionate Reply, The Thin Wall, Mr. X, Western Promise, Vienna, All Stood Still, Sleepwalk, Astradyne (45:45)

Radio One Special, Amsterdam, 16th June 1981, no art, Single track, (? same as BBC official with Western Promise and a hint of Private Lives) A-
Passing Strangers, Mr X, Western Promise, Vienna, New Europeans, (start Private Lives and stops - 1 second) All Stood Still (31:55)

Bristol, 5th October 1981, no art, DAO, very bassy and some hiss, B-- lossy
Disc 1: The Thin Wall, New Europeans, Sleepwalk, I Remember, Stanger Within, Mr. X, Rage In Eden, Accent on Youth, The Ascent, (45:16)
Disc 2: Your Name, Vienna, Passionate Reply, Passing Strangers, We Stand Alone, All Stood Still, The Voice (37:27)

Plymouth, 13th October 1981, no art, not DAO, A-
Disc 1: The Thin Wall, New Europeans, Sleepwalk, I Remember, Stanger Within, Mr. X, Rage In Eden, Accent on Youth, The Ascent, Your Name (48:46)
Disc 2: Vienna, Passionate Reply, Passing Strangers, We Stand Alone, All Stood Still, The Voice, What Song Was That, Outro (40:06)

Plymouth (listed as Cornwall), 13th October 1981, no art, mostly DAO, A-
Disc 1: The Thin Wall, New Europeans, Sleepwalk, I Remember, Stanger Within, Mr. X, Rage In Eden, Accent on Youth, The Ascent, Your Name, Vienna (54:07)
Disc 2: Passionate Reply, Passing Strangers, We Stand Alone, All Stood Still, The Voice/We Go (27:43)

Hammersmith Odeon, 15th October 1981, no art, DAO, bad audience, B-/C - lossy
The Thin Wall, New Europeans, Sleepwalk, I Remember, Stanger Within, Mr. X, Rage In Eden, Accent on Youth/ The Ascent, Your Name, Vienna, Passionate Reply, Passing Strangers, All Stood Still, The Voice (77:29)

Gothenburg, 15th November 1981, no art, DAO, B
The Thin Wall, New Europeans, Sleepwalk, I Remember, Stanger Within, Mr. X, Rage In Eden, Accent on Youth, Th Ascent (44:44)
The Ascent, Your Name, Vienna, Passionate Reply, Passing Strangers, We Stand Alone, All Stood Still, The Voice (37:37)

Berlin, 23rd November 1981, no art, DAO, dullish but solid, B - lossy
The Thin Wall, New Europeans, Sleepwalk, I Remember, Stanger Within, Mr. X, Rage In Eden, Accent on Youth (cut), The Ascent, Your Name, Vienna, Passionate Reply, Passing Strangers, Sleepwalk, All Stood Still, The Voice (79:59)

Hamburg, 26th November 1981, mostly DAO, FM (bad reception with breaks), A-
The Thin Wall, New Europeans, We Stand Alone, I Remember, Stranger Within, Mr X, Rage in Eden (cut), Vienna, Passionate Reply, Passing Strangers, Sleepwalk, All Stood Still, The Voice (73:43)

Rimini, 2nd November 1981, no art, Single track, from vinyl, hiss, dull, SB I think but not good, B
The Thin Wall, New Europeans, We Stand Alone, I Remember, Mr X, Rage in Eden, Acent on Youth/The Ascent/Your Name, Vienna (49:02)

Paladio, Milan, 6th December 1981, no art, Single track, B/B+
The Thin Wall, New Europeans, We Stand Alone, I Remember, Stranger Within, Mr X, Rage in Eden (39:47)
Acent on Youth/The Ascent/Your Name, Vienna, Passionate Reply, Passing Strangers, Sleepwalk, All Stood Still, The Voice (42:14)

Osaka, 22nd February 1982, no art, DAO, The Thin Wall slipped in the middle for some reason, B
Private Lives, We Stand Alone, I Remember, Mr X, Accent on Youth/The Ascent/Your Name, Vienna, Passionate Reply (slight skip), Passing Strangers, Thin Wall, New Europeans, Sleepwalk, All Stood Still, The Voice (71:29)

Tokyo, 24th February 1982, DAO, good audience, sorry - actually covered in digital clicks towards the end, B+ - lossy
The Thin Wall, Private Lives, We Stand Alone, I Remember, Mr X, Acent on Youth/The Ascent/Your Name, Vienna, Passionate Reply, Passing Strangers, New Europeans, Sleepwalk, All Stood Still (79:22)

Newcastle City Hall, Newcastle, 5th November 1982, no art, DAO (disc 2 single track), quite good, B - lossy
Disc 1: Reap The Wild Wind, When The Scream Subsides, The Thin Wall, New Europeans, We Stand Alone, Visions In Blue, I Remember , The Voice (46:41)
Disc 2: Vienna, Mr X, Astradyne, All Stood Still, Passing Strangers, Mine For Life, blank end (35:28)

Leicester, 1982, no art, DAO, solid sound, B - lossy
Disc 1: Reap The Wild Wind, When The Scream Subsides, The Thin Wall, New Europeans, We Stand Alone, I Remember, Visions In Blue, Mr. X, Sleepwalk (45:16)
Disc 2: The Voice, Vienna, Astradyne, All Stood Still, Passing Strangers, Mine For Life, Hymn, The Song (46:01)

Ipswich, 21st November 1982, no art, not DAO, some hiss, A-- lossy
Disc 1: Reap The Wild Wind, When The Scream Subsides, The Thin Wall, New Europeans, We Stand Alone, I Remember, Visions In Blue, Mr. X, Sleepwalk (44:44)
Disc 2: The Voice, Vienna, Astradyne, All Stood Still, Passing Strangers, Mine For Life, Hymn, The Song (42:18)

Liverpool, 28th November 1982, no art, not DAO, not too bad, B
Disc 1: Reap The Wild Wind, When The Scream Subsides, The Thin Wall, New Europeans, We Stand Alone, I Remember, Visions In Blue, Mr. X, Sleepwalk (45:56)
Disc 2: The Voice, Vienna, Astradyne, All Stood Still, Passing Strangers, Mine For Life, Hymn, The Song (45:56)

Hammersmith Odeon, 4th December 1982, Single track, clear audience, B+
Disc 1: Reap the Wild Wind, When the Scream Subsides, The Thin Wall, New Europeans, We Stand Alone - I Remember (Death in the Afternoon), Visions in Blue, Mr. X , Sleepwalk (43:21)
Disc 2: The Voice, Vienna, Astradyne, All Stood Still , Passing Strangers, Mine for Life, Hymn, The Song (We Go) (41:20))

Hammersmith Odeon, 4th December 1982, no art, DAO, clear audience, B+
Disc 1: Reap the Wild Wind, When the Scream Subsides, The Thin Wall, New Europeans, We Stand Alone - I Remember (Death in the Afternoon), Visions in Blue, Mr. X , Sleepwalk (43:11)
Disc 2: The Voice, Vienna, Astradyne, All Stood Still, Passing Strangers, Mine for Life, Hymn, The Song (We Go) (41:32)

Nottingham, 13th December 1982 (?says Happy New Year), no art, DAO, dull, B - lossy
Disc 1: Reap the Wild Wind, When the Scream Subsides, The Thin Wall, New Europeans, We Stand Alone, I Remember (Death in the Afternoon), Visions in Blue, Mr. X , Sleepwalk (44:38)
Disc 2: (wait 30 seconds!) The Voice, Vienna, Astradyne, All Stood Still , Passing Strangers, Mine for Life, Hymn, The Song (We Go) (45:19)

Berlin, 31st January 1983, no art, single track, right channel dropout at 0:30 - fades back, not bad, B - lossy
Disc 1: Reap the Wild Wind, When the Scream Subsides, The Thin Wall, New europeans, We Stand Alone - I Remember (Death in the Afternoon), Visions in Blue, Mr. X , Sleepwalk, The Voice, (46:39)
Disc 2: Vienna, Astradyne, All Stood Still, Passing Strangers, Mine for Life, Hymn, The Song (We Go) (38:20)

Clermont Ferrand, 20th January 1983, Single track, no art, solid sound (i.e. bassy), B/B+
Disc 1: Reap the Wild Wind, When the Scream Subsides, The Thin Wall, New europeans, We Stand Alone - I Remember (Death in the Afternoon), Visions in Blue, Mr. X , Sleepwalk (45:43)
Disc 2: The Voice, Vienna, Astradyne, All Stood Still, Passing Strangers, Mine for Life, Hymn, The Song (We Go), Interview (Ure on solo and Rage in Eden) (46:06)

Lyon France, 22nd January 1983, DAO, FM, good sound, A-
Disc 1: Reap the wild wind (misses start), When the scream subsides, The thin wall, New europeans, We stand alone - I remember (Death in the afternoon), Visions in blue, Mr. X , Sleepwalk
Disc 2: The voice, Vienna, Astradyne, All stood still, Passing strangers, Mine for life, Hymn, The song (we go)

Yubin Chokin Hall, Fukuoka Japan, 3rd May 1983, DAO, clear/loud audience, B+ - too many digiclicks
Reap the wild wind, When the scream subsides, The thin wall, We stand alone - I remember (Death in the afternoon), Visions in blue, Mr. X , Sleepwalk, The Voice, Vienna, New europeans, Passing strangers, Mine for life, All stood still, Hymn (77:26)

Apollo, Glasgow, 16th May 1984, no art, not DAO, solid but alittle distant, B
Disc 1: Man Of Two Worlds, Passing Strangers, Dancing With Tears In My Eyes, We Stand Alone, New Europeans, Death In The Afternoon, Visions In Blue, Heart Of The Country, Western Promise (44:34)
Disc 2: Vienna, Reap The Wild Wind, We Came To Dance, One Day (some digiclicks…….), Hymn, The Voice, Lament, All Stood Still (40:55)

Brighton Centre 27th May 1984, no art, Single track, a little dull but no too bad (audience), B/B+
Man of two Worlds, Passing Strangers, We Stand Alone, New Europeans, Death in the Afternoon, Visions in Blue, Heart of the Country, Western Promise, Vienna (45:41)
Reap the Wild Wind, We came to Dance, White China, One day, Hymn, The Voice, Lament, Dancing with Tears in My Eyes, All Stood Still (38:54)

Hammersmith Odeon London, 7th June 1984, no art, SB (first minute a little dodgy - settles down), great concert - missing last tracks - see Brighton list, DAO, A-
Man of two Worlds, Passing Strangers, We Stand Alone, New Europeans, Death in the Afternoon, Visions in Blue, Heart of the Country, Western Promise (great intro - top version!!), Vienna, Reap the Wild Wind, We came to Dance, White China, One day (60:52)

Genova, Italy, 7th September 1984, no art, not DAO, abit distant with crowd noise, B
Man of two Worlds, Passing Strangers, We Stand Alone, New Europeans, Death in the Afternoon, Visions in Blue, Heart of the Country, Western Promise, Vienna, Reap the Wild Wind, We came to Dance, White China, One day, Hymn, The Voice, Lament, Dancing with Tears in My Eyes (79:50)

Teatro Di Tendo Milano, 10th September 1984, no art, DAO (although tracks cut but continuous i.e. 11 tracks on disc 1 but only 9 songs), B
Man of two Worlds, Passing Strangers, We Stand Alone, New Europeans, Death in the Afternoon, Visions in Blue, Heart of the Country, Western Promise, Vienna (46:56)
Reap the Wild Wind, We came to Dance, White China, One day, Hymn, The Voice, Lament, Dancing with Tears in My Eyes, All Stood Still (43:07)

Bologne, Italy, 11th September 1984, no art, in .wav format so not sure if DAO, Quality is good - except for the wobble, A-
The original tape went wonky, apparently, so a lot of the tracks are wobbly. But this is worth having for the way that Midge abandons I Remember when someone threw something at the stage...(and the way they seamlessly pick up where they left off...impressive!)
Disc1: Man Of Two Worlds, Passing Strangers, We Stand Alone, New Europeans, I Remember I ('don't throw things'), I Remember II (end), Visions In Blue, Heart of the Country, Western Promise, Wobbly Vienna,
Disc 2: Reap The Wild Wind, White China, One Small Day/Hymn, The Tremulous Voice, Lament at cassettes' streching, Dancing Unsteadily with Tears in My Eyes, None Stood very Still (81:20)

Barrowlands, Glasgow, 1st November 1986, no art, not DAO, FM but not the best and some interference, A-
Same Old Story, The Voice, New Europeans, Dream On, All In One Day, All Stood Still, Time to Kill, Hymn, Lament, Vienna, The Prize, One Small Day, Love's Great Adventure, Dancing With Tears In My Eyes, All Fall Down (63:57)

Ice Rink, Whitley Bay, 4th November 1986, no art, not DAO, B
Same Old Story, The Voice, New Europeans, Sweet Surrender, White China, Dream On, All In One Day, Time To Kill, All Stood Still, Hymn, Lament, Vienna, Passing Strangers, The Prize, One Small Day, Love's Great Adventure, Dancing With Tears In My Eyes, All Fall Down, drum outro (77:06)

Wembley Arena London, 5th November 1986, no art, not DAO (DAO at track change but bump before), quite good sound, B lossy
Same Old Story, The Voice, New Europeans, Swet Surrender, White China, Dream On, All In One Day, Time Stood Still, All Stood Still, Hymn, Lament, Vienna, Passing Strangers, The Prize, Onse Small Day, Love's Great Adventure, Dancing WIth Tears In My Eyes, All Fall Down (75:07)

Wembley Arena London, 6th November 1986, and Radio Broadcast "Wembley/Tube/Live Aid", no art, not DAO, A-
Wembley: The Voice, All In One Day, Hymn, Lament, Time To Kill, The Prize, All Fall Down, Love's Great Adventure
Tube 84: Love's Great Adventure, Vienna, Dancing With Tears In My Eyes
Live Aid 85: Reap The Wild Wind, Dancing WIth Tears In My Eyes, One Small Day, Vienna (77:31)

Rome, Italy 18th November 1986, (????*), no art, in .wav format so not sure if DAO, B+
Same Old Story, The Voice, The Voice (end), New Europeans, Sweet Surrender, White China, Dream On, All In One Day, Time To Kill - All Stood Still, Hymn, Lament, Vienna, Passing Strangers - The Prize, One Small Day, Love's Great Adventure, Dancing With Tears In My Eyes, All Fall Down (~74)

Plus some without quality ratings:

2191 Ultravox 1986 Florence
2196 Ultravox Ultravox19840906_Bologna_aud_flac16
2242 Ultravox ultravox 25 Feb 79 flac16
2242 Ultravox Ultravox old waldorf 14-03-79 pre FM
2243 Ultravox 1978.03.06 Berlin Kant Kino
2243 Ultravox Ultravox Birmingham Odeon 31st May 1984
2244 Ultravox 1979.03.04 Buffalo 2nd show - speed corrected
2250 Ultravox Ultravox - 02 Dec 1982 Hammersmith Odeon, London
2255 Ultravox Ultravox Hamburg Germany 26 November 1981
2275 Ultravox Ultravox 3 March 1979B flac16
2287 Ultravox Ultravox-Clyde Auditorium Glasgow-Saturday 11th April 2009
2288 Ultravox ultravox19861123florence_aud_flacf16
2289 Ultravox Ultravox 2009-04-17 Birmingham, Symphony Hall (Flac)
2289 Ultravox ultravox19861117modena_aud_flacf16
2291 Ultravox Ultravox Sheffield 15th april 2009
2294 Ultravox Ultravox - 2009-04-21 Nottingham (16 bit 44.1khz FLAC)
2294 Ultravox Ultravox 2009-04-23 Brighton, UK, The Dome
2294 Ultravox Ultravox Nottingham 21st April 2009
2298 Ultravox San Diego, 24th September, 1980.
2298 Ultravox Bournemouth International Centre, UK. 26 April 2009
2374 Ultravox Ultravox Nov. 4th. 1980 aud
2435 Ultravox Ultravox Cologne, Germany Musical Dome 2010-04-19
2435 Ultravox Ultravox Live in Bristol 13_04_2010
2435 Ultravox Ultravox Manchester 08 April 2010
2435 Ultravox ultravox_copenhagen_100427
2435 Ultravox Ultravox-Paradiso_26-April-2010_24bit_48000Hz
2435 Ultravox Ultrovox Live in Bristol 13_04_2010
2435 Ultravox uv2010-04-14.gp.ca14.flac16
2439 Ultravox DVD 20100424 - Berlin
2444 Ultravox Ultravox - 2010-04-06 Birmingham, Symphony Hall (FLAC)
2457 Ultravox 19800827 - Ultravox - Mcr Mayflower Club
2457 Ultravox 19810921 - Ultravox - McrApollo
2472 Ultravox 2010-04-18 - Capitol, Offenbach (flac)
2512 Ultravox Ultravox Live Kant Kino Berlin 6-3-78
2513 Ultravox Ultravox Live Kant Kino Berlin 8-11-78
2517 Ultravox 19800827 - Ultravox - Mcr Mayflower Club
2525 Ultravox Ultravox Live Atlantis Club Washington DC 25-2-79
2527 Ultravox Ultravox German TV 1976
2568 Ultravox Ultravox - 2010-08-25 Sheffield Academy
2575 Ultravox DVD 20100424 - Ultravox Live@Berlin
2576 Ultravox 20100424 - Ultravox Live@Berlin
HD1 Ultravox Ultravox Brighton Centre 27 May 1984
HD1 Ultravox Ultravox Clermont Ferrand 20 Jan 1983
HD1 Ultravox Ultravox Hamburg Germany 26 November 1981
HD1 Ultravox Ultravox Paladio Milan 6 Dec 1981
HD1 Ultravox RockPop In Concert Dortmund Germany Westfalenhalle 1983-05-14

Might be some in there to complete your list.

#106105 - Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:47:32 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
nuwebb Offline

Loc: buckinghamshire ,uk

Hi All
here is my bootleg list,i still have midge boots to add.... bye
ULTRAVOX
Ultravox - Reading Festival, UK 27-08- 1977 RB
Ultravox - Stockholm,Sweden 14-10-1977

Ultravox - Germany 1978.11.05 old grey whistle test
Ultravox - Kant Kino,Berlin Germany 06-03-1978 AR
Ultravox - Kant Kino,Berlin Germany 08-11-1978 AR
Ultravox - Onkel PO's Hamburg,Germany 07-03-1978
Ultravox - The Lyceum,London UK 10-12-1978
Ultravox -The Marquee, London UK 11-10-1978
Ultravox -The Marquee, London UK 26-12-1978

Ultravox - Atlantis Club, Washington, D.C USA 25-02-1979 AR
Ultravox - Bookies Detroit Michigan USA 16-03-1979 AR
Ultravox - Hot Club,Philadelphia USA 23-02-1979 RB
Ultravox - Milwaukee,USA 29-11-1979
Ultravox - Old Waldorf San Francisco USA 14-03-1979 RB
Ultravox - Oregon,USA 00-11-1979 RB
Ultravox - Paradise, Boston,USA 03-03-1979 2nd Show AR
Ultravox - Paradise, Boston,USA 03-03-1979 RB
Ultravox - Stage One Buffalo,NY USA 04-03-1979 1st Show - Partial RB
Ultravox - Stage One Buffalo,NY USA 04-03-1979 2nd Show RB
Ultravox - Whiskey A Go-Go, Los Angeles USA 15-03-1979
Ultravox - Whiskey A Go-Go, Los Angeles USA 30-12-1979
Ultravox -The Hot Club, Philadelphia USA 23-02-1979

Ultravox - Hammersmith Odeon,London UK 13-12-1980
Ultravox - Lancaster,UK 07-12-1980
Ultravox - Mabels Champaign, Illinois USA 04-11-1980 AR
Ultravox - Mayflower Club, Manchester UK 27-08-1980
Ultravox - Ole Man Rivers New Orleans USA 04-10-1980 AR
Ultravox - Radio Clyde 1980
Ultravox - San Diego USA 24-09-1980 AR
Ultravox - The Lyceum,London UK 17-08-1980

Ultravox - Amsterdam,Holland 16-06-1981
Ultravox - Apollo Theatre, Manchester UK 29-09-1981
Ultravox - Bristol, UK 05-10-1981
Ultravox - Crystal Palace,London UK 13-06-1981
Ultravox - Gothenberg,Sweden 15-11-1981
Ultravox - Hamburg, Germany 26-11-1981 AR
Ultravox - Lyon,France 00-12-1981
Ultravox - Palalido Milano,Italy 06-12-1981 AR
Ultravox - Rimini,Italy 02-11-1981
Ultravox - St. Austell Coliseum, UK 10-13-1981

Ultravox - City Hall,Newcastle UK 05-11-1982
Ultravox - Hammersmith Odean,London UK 02-12-1982
Ultravox - Koseinenkin-Kaikan,Tokyo Japan 24-02-1982
Ultravox - Liverpool Empire UK 28-11-1982 AR
Ultravox - Nottingham 13-12-1982
Ultravox - The Goumont Theatre,Ipswich UK 21-11-1982

Ultravox - Berlin,Germany 31-01-1983
Ultravox - Clermont Ferrand,France 20-01-1983
Ultravox - Dortmund Westfahlenhalle,Germany 14-05-1983
Ultravox - London UK 00-00-1983 RB
Ultravox - Lyon,France 22-01-1983
Ultravox - Orpheum Theater Boston, Mass 25-03-1983 AR
Ultravox - The Yubin Chokin Hall,fukuoka,Japan 05-03-1983

Ultravox - Birmingham Odeon,UK 31-05 1984 AR
Ultravox - Hammersmith Odeon,UK 06-06-1984
Ultravox - Newcastle,UK 19-05-1984 AR
Ultravox - Palasport della Fiera Internazionale,Genova,Italy 07-09-1984 AR
Ultravox - Palasport,Bologna,Italy 06-09-1984 AR
Ultravox - Stockholm,Sweden 00-00-1984
Ultravox - Teatro Di Tendo,Milano,Italy 10-09-1984
Ultravox - Teatro Tenda,Brescia,Italy 09-09-1984 AR
Ultravox - The Apollo,Glasgow,UK 16-05-1984
Ultravox - The Gaumont Threatre,Ipswich,UK 21-11-1984
Ultravox - The Pavillion Brighton,UK 27-05-1984 AR

Ultravox - Modena,Itlay 17-11-1986 AR
Ultravox - The Barrowlands,Glasgow,UK 01-11-1986
Ultravox - The Ice Rink,Whitley Bay,UK 04-11-1986 AR
Ultravox - The Palasport,Turin,Italy 18-11-1986
Ultravox - Wembley Arena,London,UK 05-11-1986
Ultravox - Wembley Arena,London,UK 06-11-1986 [Inc Live Aid]

Ultravox - City Hall,Sheffield,UK 15-04-2009
Ultravox - Colston Hall,Bristol,UK 18-04-2009
Ultravox - International Centre,Bournemouth,UK 26-04-2009
Ultravox - Royal Concert Hall,Nottingham,UK 21-04-2009
Ultravox - Symphony Hall,Birmingham,UK 17-04-2009
Ultravox - The Apollo,Manchester,UK 14-04-2009
Ultravox - The Clyde Auditorium,Glasgow,UK 11-04-2009
Ultravox - The Clyde Auditorium,Glasgow,UK 11-04-2009[ Remaster]
Ultravox - The Dome,Brighton,UK, 23-04-2009
Ultravox - The Playhouse,Edinburgh,UK 10-04-2009

Ultravox - Berlin Admiralspalast,Berlin,Germany 24-04-2010
Ultravox - Capitol,Offenbach,Germany 18-04-2010
Ultravox - Colston Hall,Bristol,UK 13-04-2010
Ultravox - Copenhagen,Germany 27-04-2010
Ultravox - Musical Dome,Cologne, Germany 19-04-2010
Ultravox - Nonantola,Italy 14-04-2010
Ultravox - Paradiso,Amsertdam,Holland 26-04-2010 [24bit_48000Hz]
Ultravox - Symphony Hall,Birmingham,UK 06-04-2010
Ultravox - The Academy,Sheffield,UK 25-08-2010
Ultravox - The Apollo,Manchester,UK 08-04-2010

JOHN FOXX

John Foxx - Expo Hall,Osaka,Japan 05-11-1983
John Foxx - Madrid,Spain 01-12-1983
John Foxx - Palladium, Roma,Italy 07-12-1983
John Foxx - The Domion Theatre,London,UK 21-10-1983
John Foxx - The Hacienda,Manchester,UK 13-10-1983
John Foxx - The Lyceum Ballroom,London 11-12-1983
John Foxx - The Rolling Stone,Milan,Italy 04-12-1983
John Foxx - The Royal Court,Liverpool,UK 14-10-1983
John Foxx - The Tin Can Club,Birmingham,UK 15-10-1983

John Foxx - St Chad's Church,Shrewsbury,UK 17-03-1988

John Foxx - The Brook,Southampton,UK 10-10-1997

John Foxx - The Arena,Middlesbrough,UK 21-04-1998
John Foxx - The Music Hall,Shrewsbury,UK 10-01-1998

John Foxx - LA2,London,UK 15-09-2001
John Foxx - The Mean Fiddler,London,UK 15-09-2001

John Foxx - Croydon,London,UK 12-12-2003
John Foxx - Fibbers,York,UK 15-09-2003
John Foxx - Manchester University,Manchester,UK 12-09-2003
John Foxx - The Colosseum,Watford,UK 15-12-2003
John Foxx - The Scala,London,UK 17-09-2003

John Foxx - Fibbers,York,UK 23-07-2006
John Foxx - Korova,Liverpool,UK 21-07-2006
John Foxx - Nottingham Social,Nottingham,UK 28-07-2006
John Foxx - Scala,London,UK 00-00-2006
John Foxx - The Leadmill,Sheffield,UK 24-07-2006
John Foxx - The Limelight Club,Crewe,UK 19-07-2006
John Foxx - The Limelight Club,Crewe,UK 19-07-2006 [Alt]

John Foxx - Manchester University,Manchester,UK 05-10-2007
John Foxx - The Barfly,Birmingham,UK 06-10-2007

John Foxx - The Troxy,London,UK 00-00-2011
John Foxx & The Maths - London Xoyo 27th October 2011

#106126 - Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:36:50 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: echoimage]
Alone With Strangers Offline

Loc: a different planet
Glad to see some of my recordings in those lists.

Oh-oh - not that those recordings have anything to do with me, of course.

Glasgow 2009 by Tufty (and cleaned up by yours truly) is also a fantastic recording - well worth getting hold of if you can.

AWS

#106131 - Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:09:33 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Unique designs in crome Offline

Loc: Leigh-on sea Essex
WOW didnt realise that many different boots existed! I only have about a dozen or so, really makes me sad that anthology isnt happening anymore cry

#106132 - Fri, 22 Jun 2012 19:12:58 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Alone With Strangers]
Jon C Offline

Originally Posted By: Alone With Strangers
Glad to see some of my recordings in those lists.

Oh-oh - not that those recordings have anything to do with me, of course.

Glasgow 2009 by Tufty (and cleaned up by yours truly) is also a fantastic recording - well worth getting hold of if you can.

AWS

Yes I was stunned at the quality of the Glasgow gig, thanks very much for that.

Hey whats the best quality bootleg from back in the day?

#106145 - Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:28:17 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Jon C]

NOT the one I did at Hammersmith June 84. My second ever attempt at bootlegging: it sounded great as the intro to 'Man Of Two Worlds' played and then the drums kicked in and everything was lost in a swathe of clipping. The chat between songs was audible though . . .

My first attempt at bootlegging was probably no better though I never got to hear it since the guy at the mixing desk spotted us & nicked the tape about halfway through the show.

AWS

PS there is a video from Dortmund 1983 as well which I couldn't see mentioned above.

#106801 - Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:01:25 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
fade to blue Offline

Loc: england
Thats a nice list of bootlegs you have there guys.
Sadly the person who has the most and could help cerise and yourselves in completing them is no longer on this forum.
I remember these days of collecting too with great fondness, happy days. grin

#106807 - Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:27:22 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: fade to blue]
Jon C Offline

Originally Posted By: fade to blue
Sadly the person who has the most and could help cerise and yourselves in completing them is no longer on this forum.

Where did he/she go? thats shame,

I would love to have a good qulity set movements tour but alas no joy cry

#106808 - Mon, 16 Jul 2012 12:29:43 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Alone With Strangers]
Jon C Offline

NOT

AWS

PS there is a video from Dortmund 1983 as well which I couldn't see mentioned above.

Is that the one on youtube?

#106849 - Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:32:04 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Jon C]

Yeah - I have seen parts of it on YouTube.

#106850 - Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:54:52 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Alone With Strangers]
Jon C Offline

Yeah - I have seen parts of it on YouTube.

I think i have that, it was a very good show.

#106851 - Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:55:24 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Lolk Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
I've got quite a bunch from the FoxxVox and UreVox eras, and the official CurrieVox 1994 era. I do, however, wonder if there are any unoffcial recordings from the 1993 tour and the 1994 shows (besides the official piece).

Edited by Lolk (Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:56:05)

#106852 - Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:00:28 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Lolk]
david L. Offline

Loc: oxfordshire
Originally Posted By: Lolk
I've got quite a bunch from the FoxxVox and UreVox eras, and the official CurrieVox 1994 era. I do, however, wonder if there are any unoffcial recordings from the 1993 tour and the 1994 shows (besides the official piece).

there is a video of the 1993 shows

Part 1 at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsErbfgJMIM

#106864 - Wed, 18 Jul 2012 04:47:51 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Tortsi Offline

Loc: Finland
Here´s my bootlegs (vox,vic,ure,hel......) smile
ULTRAVOX:
The Collection (Special Edition) 2CD (Extended Remixes)
Live 33.3 (Slow Motion) 7" (Good Shape bootleg)
Lonely Creatures LP Oslo, Norway, Lindbergh Auditorium?
RockPop 1976 CD German TV 1976
German TV 76 CD + O.G.W.T. 1978
Live! 1977 Cas (Ice Cream Music Rotterdam C45)
O.G.W.T. CD 11.5.1977
Reading Festival CD 27.8.1977
The Foxxy Adolescents CD Reading Fest. 27th August 1977
Previous Motion (The Frozen Ones) LP (Red vinyl) Live at Radiohuset, Stockholm 9.1977
Stockholm 77 LP (Red vinyl) 19.09.1977
Systems LP 19.09.1977
Radiohuset, Stockholm (Tonkraft Radio live) CD 19.09.1977
Ton Kraft (Stockholm Radiohuset live) 2CD (Radiohuset - & radio live) 19.9.1977
The Peel Sessions CD (5 tracks) 28.11.1977
Reading Festival 1978 CD
Kant Kino Berlin CD 6.3.1978
Hamburg CD 7.3.1978
London Marquee CD 26.10.1978
Kant Kino Berlin CD 8.11.1978
Hamburg 21/11/78 CD + Peel Sessions 1977
Marquee London CD 26.12.1978
Marguee 78 CD 1978
Lyceum Ballroom CD 10.12.1978
Boston CD 21.1.1979
Philadelphia Hot Club CD 23.2.1979
Atlantic Club, Washington DC CD 25.2.1979
Boston, Paradise Theatre FM CD 2.3.1979
Paradise Theatre, Boston (Radio Show) CD 3.3.1979
Boston CD 3.3.1979
Buffalo 1979 – First Show CD 4.3.1979 (6 trx)
Buffalo Stage One CD 4.3.1979
Buffalo 1979 CD 04. March 1979
Bookies Detroit + KROQ Interview 16.3.1979 CD 8.3.1979
Old Waldorf, San Francisco CD 14.3.1979
Los Angeles, Whiskey-A-Go-Go CD 15.3.1979
Bookies Detroit CD 3.8.1979
Oregon Euphoria (USA Tour) CD 11.1979 MIGDE URE >
Oregon 1979 CD Nov. 1979
Palms Milwaukee (USA Tour) CD 29.11.1979
Milwaukee 1979 CD 29th Nov. 1979
Boston CD 26.12.1979
Whiskey-A-Go-Go, Hollywood CD 30.12.1979
Live In London CD Paris Theatre London 1980 / Chrystal Palace Stadium 13.6.1981
Mayflower Manchester 2CD 13.8.1980
London Lyceum Ballroom CD 17.8.1980
Mayflower Club CD 27.8.1980
San Diego CD 24.9.1980
Ole Man Rivers, New Orleans CD 4.10.1980
Mabels Champaign Illinois CD 4.11.1980
Lancaster University CD 7.12.1980
Hammersmith Odeon 1980 13/12/80 CD 13.12.1980
London Hammersmith Odeon CD 13.12.1980
Paris (Radio One Special) CD 14.1.1981
BBC in Concert CD 14.1.1981
Chrystal Palace London CD 13.6.1981
Crystal Palace 1981 CD 13. June 1981
Amsterdam – Radio One Special CD 16.6.1981
Colston Hall Bristol CD 5.10.1981
Cornwall Colloseum 2CD 13.10.1981
London Hammersmith Odeon CD 15.10.1981
Manchester Apollo CD 29.10.1981
Live In Concert (Rimini) LP 2.11.1981
Live In Rimini 1981 (digitally remastered ed.) CD 2.11.1981
Cornwall Colloseum St. Austell 1981, 13/11/81 CD 13.11.1981
Gothenburg Concert House CD 15.11.1981
Berlin (Rage In Eden Tour) CD 23.11.1981
Hamburg CD 26.11.1981
Palalido Milano CD 6.12.1981
Plymouth CD 13.12.1981
Lyon Radio One Special CD 12.1981
Terminals (live) LP 1982
BBC Rockout CD Interview 1982
Japanese Radio Interview CD 17.2.1982
Osaka CD 22.2.1982
Tokyo Kosei Nenkin Hall CD 24.2.1982
Ipswich Gaumont England 1982 2CD Nov. 1982
Newcastle City Hall CD 15.11.1982
Ipswich Gaumont 2CD 21.11.1982
Leicester De Montfort Hall CD 23.11.1982
Liverpool Empire 2CD 28.11.1982
Hammersmith Odeon, London 2CD 2.12.1982
Hammersmith Odeon, London 2CD 4.12.1982
London (CBS Rock´n´Roll Tonight) CD 12.1982
London, Hammersmith Odeon, King Biscuit CD 12.1982
Nottingham CD 13.12.1982
RockPop 83 & 84 CD German TV
Clermont-Ferrand, Maison des Sports 2CD 20.1.1983
Lyon 2CD 22.1.1983
Live In Lyon, France 2CD 22. January 1983
Germany 83 CD Berlin 31.1.-83/Essen 30.1.-83/Dortmund 29.1.-83
Berlin 2CD 31.1.1983
Stockholm, Isstadion CD 4.2.1983
Fmak CD Interview 6.2.1983 (Billy Currie)
BBC Rockout/Fman/Radio Stockholm/Lament CD Interviews
Orpheum Theatre, Boston, Mass, U.S.A. CD 25.3.1983
Rest Of The Wall (Dormund Germany) CD 15.4.1983
Fukuoka Yuban Chokin Hall CD 3.5.1983
Lament Promo Interview CD 1984
Dortmund, Westwahlenhalle (King Biscuit) CD 15.4.1984
Glasgow Apollo 2CD 16.5.1984
Newcastle City Hall 2CD (18 or 19).5.1984
Manchester Apollo 2CD 22.5.1984
Brighton Centre 2CD 27.5.1984
Southampton Gaumont 2CD 30.5.1984
Birmingham Odeon 2CD 31.5.1984
One Small Day In London (Set Movements) CD 7.6.1984
Heart Of Europeans 7.6.1984 + Live Aid 1985 CD 7.6.1984 / 13.7.1985
London Hammersmith Odeon CD 7.6.1984
London Hammersmith Odeon CD 8.6.1984
Genoa Italy CD 7.9.1984
Teatro Tenda, Brescia 2CD 9.9.1984
Teatro Di Tendo, Milan 2CD 10.9.1984
Bologne, Italy 2CD 11.9.1984
Göteborg Lisebergshallen CD 22.9.1984
Stockholm 2CD 23.9.1984
Birmingham Odeon CD 31.10.1984
Radio Stockholm CD Interview 1985
Live Aid Concert CD 13.7.1985
Glasgow Barrowlands CD 1.11.1986
Edinburgh Playhouse 2CD 2.11.1986
Whitley Bay Ice Rink CD 4.11.1986
Wembley Arena, London CD 5.11.1986
Wembley 11/5/86 CD 5.11.1986
Wembley Arena, London CD 6.11.1986
Birmingham NEC CD 7.11.1986
Modena, Italy CD 17.11.1986
Tendastrisce, Rome, Italy 2CD 18.11.1986
Florence, Italy CD 23.11.1986
Return To Vienna (Messepalats, Vienna) CD 29.11.1986
Stockholm Konserthuset CD 16.12.1986
Rennes Maison De La Culture 2CD 18.1.1987
Birmingham Town Hall CD 21.5.1993 Tony Fenelle
The Forum CD 27.5.1993
Worchester Northwick 2CD 7.7.1993 Sam Blue
Ultravox/Billy Currie, Italy 2001 CD
Edinburgh Playhouse 2CD 10.04.2009 M.U./W.C./C.C./B.C.
Clyde Auditorium Glasgow 2CD 11.04.2009
Manchester 2CD 14.04.2009
Sheffield City Hall 2CD 15.04.2009
Played Pretty Well 09, Birmingham 2CD 17.04.2009
Bristol Colston Hall 2CD 18.4.2009
Nottingham 2CD 21.04.2009
Nottingham Royal Concert Hall 2CD 22.04.2009
Brighton, The Dome 2CD 23.04.2009
Hammersmith Apollo (Return To Eden Tour) 2CD 24.04.2009
Bournemouth International Centre 2CD 26.04.2009
Birmingham, Symphony Hall 2CD 6.4.2010
Manchester Apollo 2CD 8.4.2010
Bristol 2CD 12.4.2010
Vox Club, Nonantola, Italy 2CD 14.4.2010
Live at Capitol, Offenbach, Germany 2CD 18.4.2010
Cologne 2CD 19.4.2010
Berlin Admiralspalast - Rage In Eden Tour 2 2CD 24.04.2010
Paradiso Amsterdam 2CD 26.4.2010
Copenhagen 2CD 27.4.2010
Tavastia Club, Helsinki 2CD 17.8.2010
Club Caribia, Turku 3CD 18.8.2010 + Warren Cann interview
02 Academy, Sheffield 2CD 25.8.2010

MIDGE URE (BOOTLEG)
Dancemix Collection MP3
Crawley CD 31.10.1985
Dominion Theatre CD 6.11.1985
Hammersmith Odeon CD 22.11.1985
Wembley Arena CD 12.1985
Wembley Arena CD 23.12.1985
Flying `B´ Brothers (UK Tour 1988) CD Birmingham Burberries 20.11.1988
BBC Concert, Manchester Apollo CD 12.11.1991
Pordenone Rototom, Italy CD 17.2.1998
Hamburg Fabrik CD 28.5.1998
Move Me Tour 2000, Rome Palladium CD 24.11.2000
Night Of The Proms MP3 2008
Absolutely Radio MP3 13.11.2008
Harlow Playhouse (acoustic set) MP3 19.3.2009
Ultravoxed (Leverkusen 4.11.2006) CD
Sky Arts Songbook DVD
TV Collection DVD

VISAGE (BOOTLEG)
Dancemix Collection MP3
BBC Session CD 15.5.1983
Manchester Arena CD 22.12.2002
Remix Collection 2CD
B Sides & Rare Tracks CD
Rarities 2CD
Music Video Collection VHS/DVD 19 videos
TV Collection DVD

JOHN FOXX (BOOTLEGS)
Radio Sessions MP3
Demos 1979-80 Cas/CD
The Metamatic Sessions CD (Demos)
The BBC Sessions CD
Endlessly Rarities CD
Speak Your Features 2CD (Ultravox!)
La Edad De Oro / Estoc De Pop 83 CD Spain TV 1983
The Hacienda Manchester 2CD 13.10.1983
Royal Court Liverpool CD 14.10.1983
Birmingham The Tin Can Club 2CD 15.10.1983
Dominion CD 23.10.1983
This Is My Golden Selection CD Osaka 5.11.1983
Barcelona 2CD 25.11.1983
Roma Palladium CD 7.12.1983
Golden Section: Roma CD 7.12.1983
Lyceum CD London 11.12.1983
Radio Sessions CD (Saturday Live: Dec.83&Sept.85/Janice Long: July85)
Subterranean Omnidelic Excotour CD Studio Live 1997
Middlesborough Arena 2CD 16.6.1997
Southampton The Brook CD 10.10.1997
Cathedral Oceans Live CD Shrewsbury 17.3.1988
Manchester University MP3 5.8.1997
Middlesboriugh Arena CD 21.4.1998
Shaftesbury CD 1.10.1998
The Mean Fiddler CD London 15.9.2001
Drive Live CD York Fibbers 15.9.2003
Drive London (Live at Scala) 2CD 17.9.2003
The Barrowlands, Glasgow CD 7.12.2003
Croydon CD 12.12.2003
Janice Long Session - Show CD 18. July 2006
Limelight Club, Crewe CD 19. July 2006
Liverpool Korova CD 21. July 2006
York Fibbers CD 23. July 2006
Sheffield Leadmill CD 24. July 2006
Manchester University CD 5.8.2007
Birmingham Barfly CD 6.8.2007
When You Walk Through Me CD
Music Videos VHS/VCD
Click Click Drone-promos DVD 60 min

1. He´s A Liquid
2. Underpass
3. No-one Driving
4. Miles Away
5. Dancing Like A Gun
6. Endlessly
7. Stars On Fire
8. I Lose All Sense Of Time
9. Sunset Rising
10. Golden Green
11. Systems Of Romance 1983 live
12. 20th Century (Exotour)
13. Chifting City (Exotour)

La Edad De Oro VHS/DVD Spain 83
Middlesborough Arena VHS/DVD 16.9.1997
Exotour VHS/DVD 15.10.1997 (+ soundcheck)

HELDEN (BOOTLEGS)
Spies CD (copy) Unreleased
Radio One, Saturday Live Cas/CD (ltd. 001/003) 1983 signed Warren Cann

HUMANIA (BOOTLEG)
Humania Demos CD (Billy Currie, Ultravox)

GARY NUMAN (BOOTLEGS) (Billy Currie)
Manchester Apollo Theatre 2CD 26.9.1979
Hammersmith Odeon CD 28.9.1979
The Pleasure Principle Demos CD
Newman Numan: The Best Of Gary Numan DVD (Billy Currie) (24 promo videos)
Reinvention (Documentary) DVD (Billy Currie, OMD etc.)
Unique DVD (Billy Currie)
Worldwide Archives Volume I DVD (Billy Currie)

RICH KIDS (BOOTLEGS) (Midge Ure)
Demos CD
Twelve Inches High LP (ltd 194/315)
- Birmingham 12.07.1978 2 trx
- London 21.12.1977 4 trx
- Birmingham 20.5.1978 2trx
- Reading 18.10.1978 4trx
Peel Sessions CD (V/A Hard Up Heroes IX), 7 trx
Gibus, Paris CD December 1977
Peel Sessions CD 31.8.1977/20.3.1978
Maida Vale, Studio 4, Peel Sessions -77/-78 CD 8 trx
Tiffany´s Halesowen CD 30.1.1978
Lyceum CD 26.4.1978
Lyceum CD 7.5.1978
Marching Men In Club CD Birmingham Barbarella´s Night Club 22.7.1978
Rock Against Knowledge CD Reading University 18.10.1978
Reading Berkshire (BBC Broadcast) CD Reading University 27.10.1978
Double Rich TV / Live CD 1977 - 1978
Rock Goes To College DVD Reading University 18.10.1978
Ghosts Of The Sex Pistols DVD Live UK 1977 / 1978 + Promo vid.)
Telly 1977 - 78 DVD
- Impact
- TOTP
- Revolver 78
- Rock Goes To College

SLIK (BOOTLEGS)
Video collection DVD (TOTP, Disco 1976, Arrows TV Show, Supersonic)
Forever And Ever (14 Rocking Performances) DVD (Never Too Young To Rock, TOTP, Platten Kuche)

THIN LIZZY (BOOTLEG)
Video Collection 15 trx 73 - 84 DVD 53 min
Nashville, Municipal Auditorium CD 25.7.1979 (Midge Ure)
Osaka, Festival Hall CD 24.9.1979 (Midge Ure)
Tokyo, Nakano Sun Plaza CD 25.9.1979 (Midge Ure)
Are You Ready For First Legend CD Korakuen-hall, Tokyo, Japan 29.9.1979 (M. Ure)
Man And His Music Vol. VII (Snowed in Cork) MP3 Cork, Ireland, 13.4.1980 (Midge Ure) + Hammersmith 29.5.80
Man And His Music Vol. III CD (incl. live on Cork 13.4.1980) (Midge Ure)
The Best Of Thin Lizzy and Phil Lynott DVD (incl. Yellow Pearl promo)
The Graham Hart Collection Vol. 1 2DVD (incl. Auto Da Fe: Man Of Mine)
The Graham Hart Collection Vol. 2 2DVD
Visual Metalogy 1973 - 1986 3DVD (Midge Ure)
Thin Lizzy TV-Shows 1973-1981 DVD (Midge Ure)

Edited by Tortsi (Wed, 18 Jul 2012 04:49:01)

#106866 - Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:00:18 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Lolk Offline

Interesting!

The Forum CD 27.5.1993

What's on these?

#107201 - Tue, 07 Aug 2012 09:18:16 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Jon C]
fade to blue Offline

Originally Posted By: Jon C

Where did he/she go? thats shame,

I would love to have a good qulity set movements tour but alas no joy cry

Hello Jon, Its a long time back but the guy called newvox had so much ultravox midge ure and john foxx bootlegs and latest information that people used to recent it, and the administrators used to fear he would give updated information to EV and Metamatic forums. So basically he was removed from here for having to defend himself so much. The rules were never used to help him or his girlfriend here, as the administrators could not stand someone here knowning the same as them, even though he never gave info away and always kept to the rules.

Anyway he used to sent a few dvds of many many shows to some nicer people here before he left.

He also has some john foxx unreleased material and some that was to appear on the never ending ultravox rarities.

I no longer have contact with him im sorry to say, but he stopped giving bootys anyway.

#107202 - Tue, 07 Aug 2012 09:39:14 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: fade to blue]
fade to blue Offline

Just remembered, when i first joined here, he sent some dvds of audio and videos to me, so i will look through some and see if its any interest to others here. Although judging by the rules more strict now it looks like a no go area! In fact as i was told he never even got to help the forum as much as he intended due to problems here so often. Its sad really as the donations 'box' here would never have been needed here or at Metamatic again lol. Your not the only one to miss him Jon even though you never spoke to him. Many here did miss him and his girlfriend, but people never speak out in fear of being band too by the 'rules' that protect the innocent.

You know the ultravox compilation of rarities has been so long in coming that i cant even remember the title of it or why its not coming out apparently now. Funny old world innit. roflmao

////////

PS I expect to be banned too now just for my opinion as it dont fit with whats wanted. But its just that im so sad to see how dull this forum has become. In 04 to 08 this was a great place but EVERYONE is to blame to an extent. You cant keep banning the good and re instating the known trouble makers, in the end the crap will rise to the top and this is the result we see today. A person that has the means to promote any artist to an audience of 56 million to 68 million people at any given moment no longer here, and Cerise selling items on ebay when this forum would never have needed any donations again. I am sorry for complaining, but maybe this place deserved better than it became........im just remembering......

Edited by fade to blue (Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:32:44)

#107203 - Tue, 07 Aug 2012 11:06:36 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: fade to blue]
Lolk Offline

As far as I'm concerned, bootlegs never make me stop buying anything else, official, from Ultravox, and if the bootlegs were officially sold... good.

The metal band Dream Theater bootleg everything they've got and sell it from a webshop... that's how we want to see it.

#107211 - Tue, 07 Aug 2012 18:56:59 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Lolk]
Belly Offline

Loc: Manchester
Interesting!

The Forum CD 27.5.1993

What's on these?

I was at the Worcester Northwick gig and remember being highly confused as to who Sam Blue was! With no internet in those days I was luck enough to see a poster up for the gig at the venue a couple of days beforehand.

If I recall, one of the songs went badly wrong and Billy pulled the plug about a minute in. I also saw the same happen to Prefab Sprout at the Bridgewater Hall. Even the best can make the odd mistake. Makes me feel less embarrased when cranking out tunes in my local pub!

#107213 - Tue, 07 Aug 2012 21:44:32 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Tortsi]
manician Offline

Loc: south staffordshire
Quote:
Birmingham Odeon 2CD 31.5.1984
shock2would love to get a copy of that one,my 1st vox gig! lurve2

#107220 - Wed, 08 Aug 2012 12:24:25 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: manician]
Lolk Offline

Btw.. does anyone have some sort of sound from the Humania gig?

#107221 - Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:52:26 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: fade to blue]
Steven Killian Offline

I rememer NewVox very well. Yes he did have a seemingly vast amount of bootleg stuff and yes he did quite often appear to have insider knowledge. I stress the word "appear".

However he was banned for continually causing arguments on the forum not because he "knew more than the administrators". We all have disagreements from time to time, and in many ways i think its healthy. Otherwise whats the point of a forum? But NewVox took it to a level that was beyond what was acceptable in many peoples eyes.

He was certainly a character and was certainly a colourful addition to the forum. But I think he just crossed the line too many times.

But you are right in that he was kind enough to send out to members much recorded music, bootleg or otherwise. No-one has ever really filled that void here.

I don't understand why Ultravox don't just record their shows and then sell it either on download or memory stick on the day. Many many bands do this now. It would make things much easier. Only way to beat the bootleggers is to do it better yourself.

#107223 - Wed, 08 Aug 2012 16:57:00 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Steven Killian]
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Loc: Sunderland
Originally Posted By: Steven Killian
I rememer NewVox very well. Yes he did have a seemingly vast amount of bootleg stuff and yes he did quite often appear to have insider knowledge. I stress the word "appear".

However he was banned for continually causing arguments on the forum not because he "knew more than the administrators".

I heard he was back on here, under a different name, then again??? Yes, he certainly courted controversy did Ken, although a touch misunderstood at times. It was his sidekick across the pond that made me chuckle - very odd!

As for bootleg recordings - looking forward to the next batch. I'm sure some naughty boy will be wired up at the forthcoming gigs, not that I'm complaining. Owld Pig will be first in the queue for a copy, he he. bounce

#107232 - Thu, 09 Aug 2012 09:00:44 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Steven Killian]
fade to blue Offline

However he was banned for continually causing arguments on the forum not because he "knew more than the administrators". ......... NewVox took it to a level that was beyond what was acceptable in many peoples eyes.

He was certainly a character and was certainly a colourful addition to the forum. But you are right in that he was kind enough to send out to members much recorded music, bootleg or otherwise. No-one has ever really filled that void here.

The cause of arguments is a point of view that no one can say for sure how it happened, but to my view it was recentment from members that he knew inside info and had so much stuff. And that the administrators used all those arguments you spoke of, as a way to remove him and the 'possible' leak of info that always worried them. Thanks though for the kind words about him, dispite so many problems here he was one of the first to be in more direct contact with me and made me feel at home here.

I have started looking through some dvd content but i know i do not have the one he helped Cerise and Rob keep off the forum at one time. It was the time both administrators were away for a week or more, so he checked a new members offer of a dvd to the forum to make sure it did not contain tracks for Anthology, as newvox was the only person here to know of its content and possible leak. Again when Cerise returned to see aguments from others in the thread, newvox got most of the blame and no thanks for stopping a potential leak. In fact it was the new member that was thanked for offering it??

Anyway when i find stuff that is hopefully acceptable i will post info of it, but im unsure if even the once acceptable stuff can be offered within the forum these days.

#107233 - Thu, 09 Aug 2012 09:14:04 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: CONNY'S PIG]
fade to blue Offline

Originally Posted By: CONNY'S PIG
As for bootleg recordings - looking forward to the next batch. I'm sure some naughty boy will be wired up at the forthcoming gigs, not that I'm complaining. Owld Pig will be first in the queue for a copy, he he. bounce
Hello there. I know newvox stopped passing even the 'allowed' bootlegs at the time Cerise found info to say that by rights all live recordings was a copyright issue due to the rights of the artist and even the venue its illegally recorded in. BUt i do know thanks to him where the most likely place new ultravox bootys will appear. Funny enough this forum is about the fourth or fifth place it comes to, so fingers crossed. excited

#107241 - Thu, 09 Aug 2012 16:24:07 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Although I find this Bootleg thread very interesting, partly due to my own involvement in exchanging recording myself down the years, I don't see what good can come from some of the comments you have made in this thread. Even if you can validate some of your accusations, it comes across loud and clear that you have an agenda with the administrators. Freedom of speech is fine, but digging up the dinosaur years aint gonna help your cause, and remember, there's always two sides of the coin, so to speak. Not wanting to put words into your mouth, but it maybe best to run with this thread in a positive and productive way, rather than turn it into something else. Who knows, we may even uncover some more 'Buried Treasure' - I'm sure there's an audience recording of 'Love's Great Adventure' from the classic ITV show RAZZMATAZZ, lurking somewhere. Maybe AWS can clean it up and convert it to FLAC (Lossless) for the masses on EV. The grabbing hands grab all they can...

winning

#107244 - Thu, 09 Aug 2012 17:45:53 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: CONNY'S PIG]

Freedom of speech is fine, but digging up the dinosaur years aint gonna help your cause, and remember, there's always two sides of the coin, so to speak. Not wanting to put words into your mouth, but it maybe best to run with this thread in a positive and productive way, rather than turn it into something else.

Spot on! I remember the comments made about my DTS mixes from years ago - some of them were quite nasty.

I'm sure there's an audience recording of 'Love's Great Adventure' from the classic ITV show RAZZMATAZZ, lurking somewhere. Maybe AWS can clean it up and convert it to FLAC (Lossless) for the masses on EV.

Ready & waiting!

The grabbing hands grab all they can...

And this is the bit that resonates. I find it quite funny/disheartening (delete as appropriate depending on mood) how two-faced some people/threads can be: the number of requests I get for copyright-ed material from members who can be somewhat po-faced about these issues on forum threads is quite large. This included someone who made very negative comments about the DTS mixes who then left a comment on a torrent site thanking me for them.

I won't make any further comment on that . . .

AWS

#107248 - Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:01:53 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: CONNY'S PIG]
fade to blue Offline

Even if you can validate some of your accusations, it comes across loud and clear that you have an agenda with the administrators.

Its not accusations, Cerise herself said she was on holiday and publicly thanked the new person, it was just lucky he did not come accross any important tracks. Cerise and other members already spoke of so many people leaving here sadly before the reunion and new album. Its no agenda, just sadness for all, as i already said, but i take your point and will try to shut up like the ones that didnt leave altogether.

AWS, No complaints from me mate, you have worked wonders with some of those original bootlegs. thumbs

#107253 - Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:02:47 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: fade to blue]

AWS, No complaints from me mate, you have worked wonders with some of those original bootlegs. thumbs

Ta!

#107255 - Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:29:45 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: fade to blue]
CONNY'S PIG Offline

it was just lucky he did not come accross any important tracks.

I'm glad you said that. I think that was the main reason why some members of this community didn't quite get Newvox, and the bickering started. He never quite backed up his words by coming up with the goods. As a result he became an 'All wind and p*ss' character, which isn't such a bad thing - I'm the same after a Vindaloo and a few Cobra's! woot

Cerise and other members already spoke of so many people leaving here sadly before the reunion and new album. Its no agenda, just sadness for all, as i already said, but i take your point and will try to shut up like the ones that didnt leave altogether.

No need to keep quiet on my account - Feel free to voice your opinion. 2012 is shaping up to be a great one for Ultravox fans. Brand new album, forthcoming tour, and dare I say it (whispers) 'new bootleg recordings'. I'd rather focus on the positives, to be honest, and if members leave here for one reason or another, then hey-ho, EV goes on regardless. winning

Onwards and upwards!

#107256 - Sat, 11 Aug 2012 00:05:15 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Tortsi]
Steven Killian Offline

I love the threads like these. And seeing some of the people's lists of bootlegs is fascinating.

But, I was wondering if we could maybe do a more comprehensive list of stuff that is actually listenable to.

The 1977 Stockholm recordings are awesome for example. The Live in London show that many bought by mistake (including me) thinking it was the Vienna album from 1981. There's a pretty good, although sadly not complete recording of the Rage In Eden tour from Rimini which isn't at all bad. Also the 1982/3 Lyon show. Plus maybe the 1984 Hammersmith show and then of course theres the 1986 Clyde Auditorium FM recording.

Many Ultravox bootlegs sound like they were recorded in the toilet next door to the arena. I have never personally had any interest in any of them. To my mind, unless it sounds half decent... forget it.

Any thoughts?

#107258 - Sat, 11 Aug 2012 09:07:30 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Steven Killian]

I don't have very many of them but it would be good if there was a 'definitive' edition of a recording from each tour. Glasgow 2009 (Tufty) & Birmingham 2010 (ahem, err . . . mine) are the best recordings from those two tours IMHO.

So what about the tours from the 1900s?

Also, if we can take the opportunity to clean up someone's old cassette recording (whether from the hall or the toilet) using today's technology then why not do it?

AWS

PS I'm going to the Nottingham gig this year, hint hint.

#107268 - Sun, 12 Aug 2012 10:51:01 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Alone With Strangers]
Jon C Offline

I don't have very many of them but it would be good if there was a 'definitive' edition of a recording from each tour.
AWS

Could not agree more brother!

All the tours in good qulity would be great! thumbs

#107283 - Mon, 13 Aug 2012 01:30:57 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Jon C]
Steven Killian Offline

Hmmm. Opening a few old sores here because this has been raised before. Never really had a definitive answer. 1981 - BBC live in concert - where's the rest of the show? Also that year... St Albans - you telling me they only recorded 2 songs and then turned the tape off?

The Rage tour... Well obviously there is the Hammersmith show from which the Definitive album release stuff came from. We already have around half the show... The rest would be nice!

1982 there is the audio from Monument, (the film has long since been "lost") but also the Dortmund recording.

1984 the Hammersmith show was supposed to have been recorded, and White China was released, but the band were unhappy about it's quality. Not the best night maybe.

1986 Clyde FM recording.

I'm not saying go to the expense of mixing the music and pressing a disc for retail. Just release it as an official bootleg download here on the website.

Is that too much to ask? Probably!

#107284 - Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:48:26 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Steven Killian]
Jon C Offline

Hmmm. Opening a few old sores here because this has been raised before. Never really had a definitive answer. 1981 - BBC live in concert - where's the rest of the show? Also that year... St Albans - you telling me they only recorded 2 songs and then turned the tape off?

The Rage tour... Well obviously there is the Hammersmith show from which the Definitive album release stuff came from. We already have around half the show... The rest would be nice!

1982 there is the audio from Monument, (the film has long since been "lost") but also the Dortmund recording.

1984 the Hammersmith show was supposed to have been recorded, and White China was released, but the band were unhappy about it's quality. Not the best night maybe.

1986 Clyde FM recording.

I'm not saying go to the expense of mixing the music and pressing a disc for retail. Just release it as an official bootleg download here on the website.

Is that too much to ask? Probably!

I bet they could make good money from the website if they wanted to.

A freind of mine manages a well known act and they make a mint from their website.

#107294 - Tue, 14 Aug 2012 08:51:49 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: CONNY'S PIG]
fade to blue Offline

I don't see what good can come from some of the comments you have made in this thread. Freedom of speech is fine, but digging up the dinosaur years aint gonna help.

Cerise and other members already spoke of so many people leaving here sadly before the reunion and new album. Its no agenda, just sadness for all, as i already said, but i take your point and will try to shut up like the ones that didnt leave altogether.

No need to keep quiet on my account - Feel free to voice your opinion.

So which is it conny, do i shut up or feel free to voice my opinion. Is this the famous part where i get blamed for continuing a debate even though i agreed to stop as you suggested two posts back.

#107295 - Tue, 14 Aug 2012 08:59:03 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: CONNY'S PIG]
fade to blue Offline

2012 is shaping up to be a great one for Ultravox fans. Brand new album, forthcoming tour, and dare I say it (whispers) 'new bootleg recordings'. I'd rather focus on the positives, to be honest, and if members leave here for one reason or another, then hey-ho, EV goes on regardless. winning

Yes it does! Thats my whole point really. Its not about newvox or maryann, or sassy etc. Ita about this place continuing down a empty road because all the nice people were banned or left, leaving the trouble makers. Cerise over the years did this to her own forum and even the trouble makers fought each other when there was no one left. Moved it all to facedown book i believe. So even the trouble makers used Cerise in the end and all her work for many years was for what? An empty forum at the time the band deserved it most. !!!!!

#107297 - Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:12:18 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: CONNY'S PIG]
fade to blue Offline

He was certainly a character and was certainly a colourful addition to the forum. But you are right in that he was kind enough to send out to members much recorded music, bootleg or otherwise. No-one has ever really filled that void here.

it was just lucky he did not come accross any important tracks.

I'm glad you said that. I think that was the main reason why some members of this community didn't quite get Newvox, and the bickering started. He never quite backed up his words by coming up with the goods. As a result he became an 'All wind and p*ss' character, which isn't such a bad thing - I'm the same after a Vindaloo and a few Cobra's! woot

I agree with steven here, and even you in some of your earlier more balanced posts, but as the time goes on your becoming more and more on the ropes with contradition and spite at another. It also has less truth to your comments now conny. Best take your advice too and move on. The last thing i will say is, 150 members logged in regular for years around 1.00pm each afternoon till 2008, now its only 20% of that even when the tour was happening. And now even less that the album is here, for pete's sake!!!!!!

#107299 - Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:51:24 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: fade to blue]
darthsmaull Offline

Loc: Cambridge, UK
The last thing i will say is, 150 members logged in regular for years around 1.00pm each afternoon till 2008, now its only 20% of that even when the tour was happening. And now even less that the album is here, for pete's sake!!!!!!

...so maybe apart from the mighty UV we've got a whole lot less in common with each other than we might have expected, and have drifted apart / fallen out etc. just like people do in real life?

Best take your advice too and move on.

Let's all move on, or at least get back to what this thread was intended to be about!

#107329 - Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:03:30 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: darthsmaull]
fade to blue Offline

Hello Darthmaull !!!! Yes i agree were all very different people afterall, but just becuase some are trouble makers is no reason for site owners to side with them on every opportunitie and break up the one thing we did have in common...an interest in ultravox.

http://www.ultravox.org.uk/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/52629/16
I have found this thread, its one of three that concerned the talks and fall out about the dvd you offered.

Do you still have your copy around and if / when cerise comes back maybe we can know if bootlegs can still be swoped on forum, or in pm as i think was allowed these days ?

#107332 - Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:09:56 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: fade to blue]
Rob Harris Offline

Loc: Ledbury, UK
Do you still have your copy around and if / when cerise comes back maybe we can know if bootlegs can still be swoped on forum, or in pm as i think was allowed these days ?

This sites stance on bootlegs was outlined by Cerise on the 21st of June, 2009 - and it can be found here.

As far as I'm aware there's been no need to alter that position in the meantime.

I think that it's worth highlighting the following section - If you choose to share bootlegs via CD or DVD, we will not remove the posts (again, we can't monitor the forum all day long, which EMI understand and appreciate), but you do so at your OWN RISK. You are responsible for anything at the post, as per the terms and conditions you signed up to when you joined.

Hello Darthmaull !!!! Yes i agree were all very different people afterall, but just becuase some are trouble makers is no reason for site owners to side with them on every opportunitie and break up the one thing we did have in common...an interest in ultravox.

That's really quite a statement - and seeing as how I used to be a site owner I feel that particular comment has been aimed very squarely at me. And so I would like to know precisely why you believe that I would invest so much of my time and energy on this website - and yet do absolutely nothing to prevent it from being undermined by 'trouble-makers'?

Rob

#107374 - Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:55:34 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Rob Harris]
fade to blue Offline

Originally Posted By: Rob Harris

This sites stance on bootlegs was outlined by Cerise on the 21st of June, 2009 - and it can be found here.

As far as I'm aware there's been no need to alter that position in the meantime.

I think that it's worth highlighting the following section - If you choose to share bootlegs via CD or DVD, we will not remove the posts (again, we can't monitor the forum all day long, which EMI understand and appreciate), but you do so at your OWN RISK. You are responsible for anything at the post, as per the terms and conditions you signed up to when you joined.

That's really quite a statement - and seeing as how I used to be a site owner I feel that particular comment has been aimed very squarely at me. And so I would like to know precisely why you believe that I would invest so much of my time and energy on this website - and yet do absolutely nothing to prevent it from being undermined by 'trouble-makers'?

Rob

Hello Rob, thanks for your comment but its no differet from my previous statements i think. So i think its best we all get back on track again.

Your link to Cerise's stance on bootlegs was very interesting, and is much clearer. I for one will not trade them here and its now obvious there can only be talk of bootlegs but no links not even in private messages.

#107383 - Wed, 22 Aug 2012 17:51:14 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: fade to blue]
Rob Harris Offline

Loc: Ledbury, UK

Rob

Hello Rob, thanks for your comment but its no differet from my previous statements i think. So i think its best we all get back on track again.

How can you ask that this thread 'gets back on track' when you were the one who derailed it in the first place?

All I've done is ask you to substantiate the statements you've made about me.
My question to you was very clear - and it requires and deserves a straight answer.

#107385 - Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:54:21 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Rob Harris]
BladeRunner Offline

Earlier, in this topic, someone mentioned that the subject of bootlegs could be something controversial, so ... I spoke with Cerise.
And it was all cleared up, we can discuss bootlegs, but the "rest"... has no place here in the forum.
I'm happy to see this topic growing...

#107388 - Thu, 23 Aug 2012 05:55:37 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Dmitry Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
Some time ago Cerise was much more strict towards this topic referring to "angry guys from EMI" who may spoil reissuing campaign etc. Does this more liberal approach mean that Brilliant was the ultimately last CD project and EMI opinion is of no interest anymore ???!

#107392 - Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:12:54 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Rob Harris]
fade to blue Offline

How can you ask that this thread 'gets back on track' when you were the one who derailed it in the first place?

All I've done is ask you to substantiate the statements you've made about me.
My question to you was very clear - and it requires and deserves a straight answer.

The reason im trying to get back on topic is because i was asked to a few weeks ago and agreed to. Plus theres others also wanting it back on topic. Thirdly, and it answers your question already, why restate what i and others already talked about in my earliers posts. Its all there Rob, why continue it?. There are many quite members who would require and deserve a straight answer to why their lives were made difficult here for years before being finally banned, yet your requireing and deserving an answer to a two sentence statement. Plus ive made it clear in previous posts.

OK. last try about bootlegs. For my part in keeping things simple i will not be posting links on forum or in pm's as obviously the EMI whatsit can look for links on all parts of the forum i presume Cerise means.

I know ultravox! and ultravox have had offical live recordings cleaned up enough for release in the past, such as monument and its additional track with this new definitive edition. Likewise, Foxx's ultravox had those live tracks on their remasters too. But would there ever be a possibility for some of the best unoffical recordings to become offical too. I know some artists have had this done, and gigs such as philly and boston in 1979 were stereo, so that would make it easier to begin with. I still think there must be a few that Midge and the guys still have that would be acceptable by the fans too.
I know its their right to not release anything they believe to be not up to standard, but by the same thing, i find it had to understand how a group so good could not make any full live shows in the first place. How could it all be so bad that it cannot even be cleand up with todays software, yet fans bootlegs can?

It just seems sad that this too may not be at its full potential. I know i would prefer some pressed discs with booklets over some old cdr burns or mp3s for sure.

#107412 - Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:21:59 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Andy2090 Offline

Loc: Middlesbrough
Hi

Sorry to be a bother but I was just wondering how I could get hold of the bootleg collection you have.

Thanks

#107443 - Mon, 27 Aug 2012 22:05:38 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Dazlin1 Offline

Loc: Essex, UK
Yes, where would one 'stumble' upon such a thing? Like (for example) the Ipswich Gaumont gig from November 1982 that has been mentioned previously... whistle

#107445 - Tue, 28 Aug 2012 09:00:58 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
fade to blue Offline

Well the items of interest to most of you would be the stuff only newvox still has. He did protecting copyright material so well that Rob and Cerise cant even help you there. Thats partly why i would still like contact if anyone can help out? Ive stated above i will not do bootys here no more, maybe for one person, you know who you are wink If anyone wants the more availible stuff Darthsmaul is here and made the offer for quite a few nice bits.

#107448 - Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:30:56 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: fade to blue]
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Ive stated above i will not do bootys here no more, maybe for one person, you know who you are wink

MA, eh K. wink

#107449 - Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:57:16 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: fade to blue]
Paul Hitchcock Offline

Loc: Oxford, England
Well the items of interest to most of you would be the stuff only newvox still has. He did protecting copyright material so well that Rob and Cerise cant even help you there.

You know, there is the argument to say that the best way to protect copyrighted material is not to stay silent, and not go on and on and on an on about what one may (or being fair, may not) have in their possession. On that basis, with the constant bragging Newvox did about what he had but couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't share, I'd suggest he didn't do 'protection of copyrighted material' as well as he'd like you to believe he did.

Or actually as well as Cerise and Rob have always done; by doing something useful and positive about working with the companies or people that actually own the material and could do something about getting confirmed rare or unheard material formally released.

bemused

#107450 - Tue, 28 Aug 2012 12:21:13 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Jon C Offline

me also, i would love to get a good qulity set movements and the Tony Fennele gigs.

Anyone?

#107453 - Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:34:20 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Jon C]
CONNY'S PIG Offline

me also, i would love to get a good qulity set movements and the Tony Fennele gigs.
Anyone?

Not sure if there are any Tony Fennele gigs out there, to be honest. I'd be interested too.

As for Set Movements - the Hammersmith gig that was doing the rounds is a Soundboard recording and it's the dogs bollocks! A couple of tracks missing off the end, but well worth having.
Surely you already have this, Mr C?

smile

#107454 - Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:37:00 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Paul Hitchcock]
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Originally Posted By: Paul Hitchcock
Well the items of interest to most of you would be the stuff only newvox still has. He did protecting copyright material so well that Rob and Cerise cant even help you there.

You know, there is the argument to say that the best way to protect copyrighted material is not to stay silent, and not go on and on and on an on about what one may (or being fair, may not) have in their possession. On that basis, with the constant bragging Newvox did about what he had but couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't share, I'd suggest he didn't do 'protection of copyrighted material' as well as he'd like you to believe he did.

Or actually as well as Cerise and Rob have always done; by doing something useful and positive about working with the companies or people that actually own the material and could do something about getting confirmed rare or unheard material formally released.

bemused

Hammer, nail, head!
WELL SAID cool

#107456 - Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:00:26 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: CONNY'S PIG]
Jon C Offline

Anyone?

Not sure if there are any Tony Fennele gigs out there, to be honest. I'd be interested too.

As for Set Movements - the Hammersmith gig that was doing the rounds is a Soundboard recording and it's the dogs bollocks! A couple of tracks missing off the end, but well worth having.
Surely you already have this, Mr C?

smile

"ooh rubah dub dub free men ina tub" (said mr c from the shamen:-)

Sadly no Mr Pig, it's only in the past year or so that I have thought about collecting older stuff gigwise, Set Movements isnt anywhere on youtube that I can see:-(

One of the above lists has the Tony Fennele gigs in it, I guess they are going to disapear with timecry

#107462 - Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:01:23 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Jon C]
Steven Killian Offline

The best site in recent years for any bootleg recording including Ultravox was the ultimatebootlegexperience. And no it's not a link cos the site has been closed down again.

It will return in version 6 I think soon. But you have to catch it before they close it down again. It has many Ultravox concerts and only posts "listenable to" shows. Lyon, Dortmund, Hammersmith 81 and 84 are some of many that this site had. Also had several foxxvox shows.

#107526 - Sat, 01 Sep 2012 13:48:35 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
CONNY'S PIG Offline

Dime used to host lots of Ultravox stuff. I gave that site some hammer a few years ago. Went through a phase of listening to lots live gigs, especially soundboard recordings. Haven't bothered with them lately though - concert overload kicked in and I scurried off in another direction. But there's some excellent stuff out there if ya have the time to go searching.

#107561 - Sun, 02 Sep 2012 17:42:17 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: CONNY'S PIG]

Much of the Dime stuff has now lapsed I'm sorry to say. Sites can't hold on to this stuff forever so it's always worth grabbing when you can.

#107626 - Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:43:19 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Alone With Strangers]
Captain Sumo Offline

Most of my UV bootleg collection comes from Dime. I'm hoping some of the new tour turns up there.

#108326 - Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:52:31 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Captain Sumo]
Lolk Offline

No bootlegs from 2012 so far? Not even on Dime?! Weird!

#108328 - Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:51:38 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Lolk]
david L. Offline

maybe the knowledge we are going to get a "proper" recording from Hammersmith has meant it isnt worth anyones time uploading their own recordings ?

#108329 - Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:07:12 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: david L.]
Jamie D. Offline

Loc: Epsom, Surrey
Can anyone tell me quickly the 'Live Here Now' CD's usually get despatched after the concert? I never heard of this great little service before reading it on this forum!

#108342 - Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:14:41 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: david L.]

Originally Posted By: david L.

maybe the knowledge we are going to get a "proper" recording from Hammersmith has meant it isnt worth anyones time uploading their own recordings ?

As a mark of respect at least one recording of the Nottingham gig won't be made widely available: the band are releasing their own live album so let them make some money from that first.

Obviously a live amateur recording really isn't going to to prevent many people buying the LHN release but I think it's the principle of the issue that's at stake.

Plus the recording isn't fantastic - the microphone clip broke so the mic was left sitting on the chair behind my dancing derriere for the second half of the concert.

#108343 - Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:19:24 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Jamie D.]

Originally Posted By: Jamie D.
Can anyone tell me quickly the 'Live Here Now' CD's usually get despatched after the concert? I never heard of this great little service before reading it on this forum!

My Goldfrapp ones (2005) came pretty quickly - a couple of weeks. The Depeche Mode ones from 2009 took ages.

#108369 - Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:46:15 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Alone With Strangers]
Lolk Offline

I'm collecting any bootleg from my favourite bands, as well as any offcial release.

Bring 'em on.

#109402 - Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:15:52 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Unique designs in crome Offline

Loc: Leigh-on sea Essex
So any guesses on the first venue a brilliant concert bootleg will emerge from? I hope the Southend show gets an airing.

#109418 - Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:08:34 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Unique designs in crome]
david L. Offline

Originally Posted By: Unique designs in crome
So any guesses on the first venue a brilliant concert bootleg will emerge from? I hope the Southend show gets an airing.

Only one I have seen so far is Manchester. Havent listened all the way through so cannot comment on quality.

#109434 - Wed, 17 Oct 2012 23:29:13 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: david L.]
johnh Offline

Loc: East Yorkshire
If the Manchester recording is from tarquin live then it gets annoying as some irritating woman talks throughout the whole show. Why bother going to a live gig just to talk through every song has always irritated me.

#109752 - Sun, 28 Oct 2012 13:50:01 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: johnh]
BladeRunner Offline

A new bootleg has emerged:

2012 - Trix, Antwerp Brilliant Tour 11th October

It's a two cd "edition".

#109753 - Sun, 28 Oct 2012 15:03:23 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
stufarq Offline

Loc: Here
There's also one from Berlin 25th October 2012.

#109758 - Sun, 28 Oct 2012 21:29:04 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Andy2090 Offline

Anybody know where you can get hold of the bootlegs from Brilliant? Only got the older ones and the Ultimate Extended

#109759 - Sun, 28 Oct 2012 22:15:04 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Andy2090]
BladeRunner Offline

Originally Posted By: Andy2090
Anybody know where you can get hold of the bootlegs from Brilliant? Only got the older ones and the Ultimate Extended

Do you have "Soulseek"? http://www.soulseekqt.net/news/node/1
Install it, register and then, search for DarkVeill... browse my files and...

#109760 - Sun, 28 Oct 2012 22:39:36 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: stufarq]
Paul Smith Offline

Loc: Somewhere Else
Originally Posted By: stufarq

The Berlin one is stunning almost as good as the official Hammersmith release imho, no Contact though which is a shame

#109763 - Sun, 28 Oct 2012 23:20:26 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Paul Smith]
BladeRunner Offline

Originally Posted By: Paul Smith
Originally Posted By: stufarq

The Berlin one is stunning almost as good as the official Hammersmith release imho, no Contact though which is a shame

... and where can we found it?

#109770 - Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:53:34 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Captain Sumo Offline

The Berlin one has turned up on Dime. One of the best quality audience bootlegs I've heard!

#109772 - Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:44:31 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Andy2090 Offline

Thanks for that Soulseek tip BladeRunner. I got Berlin from Dime though. Thanks for the help anyway and if anybody wants any old bootlegs I have quite a lot including the 40 extended collection.

#109774 - Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:34:50 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Andy2090]
BladeRunner Offline

Thanks for that Soulseek tip BladeRunner. I got Berlin from Dime though. Thanks for the help anyway and if anybody wants any old bootlegs I have quite a lot including the 40 extended collection.

It's very good. We can choose the files you want and provide our own, so that everyone has access to rare recordings.
My nick in soulseek is DarkVeill.

#109779 - Mon, 29 Oct 2012 22:58:02 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Captain Sumo Offline

Originally Posted By: BladeRunner

It's very good. We can choose the files you want and provide our own, so that everyone has access to rare recordings.

Thats a great collection you've got there, Bladerunner. Unfortanately, you're only streaming at 2.8kbs at the moment. I guess I'm not the only one interested :-). I'll try again later. Thanks for sharing!

#109780 - Mon, 29 Oct 2012 23:27:11 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Captain Sumo]
BladeRunner Offline

Thats a great collection you've got there, Bladerunner. Unfortanately, you're only streaming at 2.8kbs at the moment. I guess I'm not the only one interested :-). I'll try again later. Thanks for sharing!

I'll try to increase speed.
And... all of you who share... share your soulseek nicks, so we can look at your files.

#109785 - Tue, 30 Oct 2012 09:08:50 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Captain Sumo]
johnh Offline

The Berlin recording is the best audience recording I have heard of any band. It is on dime and well worth a download. I have added some alternative covers for it in the comments.

#109787 - Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:12:20 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Captain Sumo Offline

I'll try to increase speed.
And... all of you who share... share your soulseek nicks, so we can look at your files.

I'm registered as CaptainSumo. I'll only be online evenings (Amsterdam time).

I'm afraid I haven't got much Ultravox to offer you that you haven't already got. I've got some Numan boots if that's of any interest to you!

#109788 - Tue, 30 Oct 2012 14:50:32 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: johnh]
BladeRunner Offline

Originally Posted By: johnh
The Berlin recording is the best audience recording I have heard of any band. It is on dime and well worth a download. I have added some alternative covers for it in the comments.

I can't get it. I'm trying with torrents, but it has no seeds and no pairs.

#109790 - Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:07:15 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
MSebastianS Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
I am also very interested! Perhaps there are other ways to spread it...

#109794 - Tue, 30 Oct 2012 18:43:48 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Captain Sumo Offline

I'll add it to my soulseek now!

#109795 - Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:20:50 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Captain Sumo]
BladeRunner Offline

I'll add it to my soulseek now!

thumbs

#109797 - Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:36:24 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Captain Sumo]
BladeRunner Offline

Sorry, but my upload speed's slow. My pc it's connected by wirelless, and so...
I've optical cable, about 30MB, but this pc it's with wireless and the speed it's not the same.

#109801 - Wed, 31 Oct 2012 08:20:44 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
johnh Offline

Hi Bladerunner. I will leave my PC on for the next few days to seed and
you should be able to get the Berlin one. Are you going through dime to get it?

#109805 - Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:46:12 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
chris jackson Offline

Loc: Clitheroe,Lancashire
Have you a link to Dime and what do i do??

#109806 - Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:33:12 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: johnh]
BladeRunner Offline

Originally Posted By: johnh
Hi Bladerunner. I will leave my PC on for the next few days to seed and
you should be able to get the Berlin one. Are you going through dime to get it?

Thanks! I've already got it, through Soulseek.

thumbs

#109807 - Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:38:15 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: chris jackson]
BladeRunner Offline

Originally Posted By: chris jackson
Have you a link to Dime and what do i do??

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-browse.php?search=Ultravox&cat=0&searchscope=

I think you have to register, and then, go to "torrents", and then... "search"... write ultravox and, voilá...

wink

Or... install Soulseek, and enjoy my files (DarkVeill) and the files from CaptainSumo... and others.

#109822 - Thu, 01 Nov 2012 18:32:34 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Frisian Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
I got Soulseek, but I can't find it?

#109825 - Thu, 01 Nov 2012 20:11:59 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Frisian]
BladeRunner Offline

Originally Posted By: Frisian
I got Soulseek, but I can't find it?

Add DarkVeill (me) to your user list and search (browse) my files.

#110187 - Fri, 23 Nov 2012 02:16:55 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: BladeRunner]
Steven Killian Offline

Just a quick note that theultimatebootlegexperience7 has resurfaced. There are currently only 3 ultravox shows but that will increase as the site re establishes itself. It's about the best one out there. Catch it while you can! I won't post a link for obvious reasons.

#111568 - Sun, 25 Aug 2013 06:03:30 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: Steven Killian]
midgeman Offline

TUBE is still up and running; they have the 2012-11-05 Milan show. I also have a 2012-09-30 Manchester Palace show. Willing to share with others, always for free, never for profit!

#111579 - Mon, 02 Sep 2013 18:08:58 Re: Ultravox Bootlegs [Re: midgeman]
Andy2090 Offline

Hi Midgeman, do you know if they is any other way to get the Milan show? Also would love that Manchester show if you still have it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >