Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#101265 - Tue, 02 Jun 2020 10:52:33 Help With My Essay Pretty Please
chris979899 Offline
Pass level: VIP

Hello everybody!

I am doing an assignment on the Roland CR-78 and understand John Foxx is very fond of the rhythm machine. I wanted to know if there is a way to contact John? If not no problem, I would like to know if anybody has any stories or know any articles relating Ultravox to the CR-78?

Thank you in advance,
Chris.

#101277 - Today at 00:55 Re: Help With My Essay Pretty Please [Re: chris979899]
Rodney Online   content
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Dunedin, New Zealand
Dear Chris,

If you go into the 'Media Archive' Files of this very website (see within the titles ribbon, above), there is a 'History of Ultravox' link, which gives access to a history of Ultravox up to and including the recording of the Vienna album, as compiled from a series of interviews with Warren Cann, the band's drummer and electronic percussionist. Page 34 features Warren recounting his use of the CR-78 after aquiring one at some point prior to the recording of the Vienna album. You may find some help for your essay within the contents.

I'm not sure how you'd go about contacting John Foxx. You may find some success by searching for Steve Malins of Random Music Management. Steve is John's manager (presumably, he still is) and may be able to assist you further.