Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#10122 - Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:49:00 Where's Warren?
mandy Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: the Heart of the Country
Whilst we were standing at the front of the queue waiting to get into the o2 at Sheffield on Wednesday, Warren appeared at the entrance. We gave him a shout of 'hiya Warren - see you later' and a wave and he shouted hello and gave us a wave back.

Then only a few minutes later we saw him crossing the road outside the venue heading into town. 'Now where's he off too' we wondered...maybe Chris has sent him to Tesco, or maybe he's on the Costa run...

Any suggestions?!

M smile

#10123 - Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:56:00 Re: Where's Warren?
Gillian Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: East of Eden but Returning
my bet is on he'd run out of ciggies LOL!

#10124 - Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:27:00 Re: Where's Warren?
Jouni Salo Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Too much daylight. He was headed to take a nap in the bat cave.

#10125 - Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:35:00 Re: Where's Warren?
Denise Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: W Mids / Staffs
Don't know where he was off to...but he came out to tell the two people I was waiting with (by the back entrance) - that there was a support band. We'd have a lovely conversation with him and he had told us he didn't think there was a support band. Being the great guy he is...he came to give us the correct info...

Thanks Warren for a lovely conversation - it was great to talk to you and not be as nervous as I thought I would be! smile

#10126 - Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:27:00 Re: Where's Warren?
Desolate Angel Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: North of Eden heading South......
Perhaps he was captured by bodyguards!

#10127 - Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:59:00 Re: Where's Warren?
mandy Offline
Pass level: Manager

Loc: the Heart of the Country
Quote:
Originally posted by Desolate Angel:
Perhaps he was captured by bodyguards!
roflmao

M smile

#10128 - Wed, 01 Sep 2010 18:57:00 Re: Where's Warren?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jouni Salo:
Too much daylight. He was headed to take a nap in the bat cave.
You were closer than you think with this comment Jouni. The hotel that band stayed in was reasonably close to the venue and he'd headed back there to relax for an hour or so between the afternoon soundcheck and battle commencing in the evening.

smile

Regards,

Paul

#10129 - Wed, 01 Sep 2010 22:01:00 Re: Where's Warren?
Dazlin1 Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Essex
Some say that he's the drummer for a recently reunited 1980's rock band........and that we all have a funny feeling that we know who he is.....

All we know is that HE'S THE STIG! wink

#10130 - Thu, 02 Sep 2010 16:09:00 Re: Where's Warren?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dazlin1:
Some say that he's the drummer for a recently reunited 1980's rock band........and that we all have a funny feeling that we know who he is.....

All we know is that HE'S THE STIG! wink
Hmmm. Except in this instance and following yesterday's news, we know he's not...

Stig court case: BBC loses battle over book

smile

Regards,

Paul

#10131 - Sat, 04 Sep 2010 04:07:00 Re: Where's Warren?
Jouni Salo Offline
Pass level: Green Room

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hitchcock:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jouni Salo:
[b] Too much daylight. He was headed to take a nap in the bat cave.
You were closer than you think with this comment Jouni. The hotel that band stayed in was reasonably close to the venue and he'd headed back there to relax for an hour or so between the afternoon soundcheck and battle commencing in the evening.

smile

Regards,
Paul [/b]
I guess he is a bit of a night owl. He was out having a really long chat after Turku gig. One of the things he mentioned was that the previous night he was hoping someone would come see him after the gig. He had even told the reception at the hotel to call him in case anyone would ask him. He ended up playing something on his computer bemused .

What a great guy. He stays up and talks to us nutty folks who probably have the same silly questions to ask him every night laugh .

#10132 - Wed, 08 Sep 2010 08:09:00 Re: Where's Warren?
toni Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Sydney, Australia
i stayed in the same hotel as warren and ultravox. i was outside when i saw a van pull up and two guys got out. i was standing there thinking, that looks like warren and billy and it was so i walked up to them and the three of us walked into the hotel at the same time, chatting away.

i told warren that i had come from australia to see the gig and he couldn't believe it, he was chuffed. he then showed me his brand new r.m. williams boots he had just brought (r.m. williams are an australian brand.)

later, when i got back from the venue, i saw warren come through from the gig and i told him how much i had loved the gig and he told me to wait where i was, he then went up to his room and then came back down and had a chat with me, he was so lovely.

he told me of his time in australia, he took a trip here on his own and he visited adelaide where he was telling me of his adventures at the drag races, he said he loved australia and that his time in australia was fantastic. he also mentioned that he'd love to tour japan and australia, what a lovely, lovely guy.

thanks warren for the wonderful conversation and i hope we can have another conversation at some point in time.