Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#101180 - Sat, 21 Dec 2019 13:28:21 Brilliant Beginnings
HenrikDK Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Copenhagen
Hello all Ultravox-lovers,
Just watched the DVD again today,had totally forgotten all about this gem from the 2012 tour.I can't even recall if it was given away for free or I had to pay for it at this concert in Copenhagen on 2012,Oct 15.Luckily,I still got my ticket for what seems to be the final concert with Ultravox I'm going to be watching.
Grateful for having experienced one last evening with the heroes of my youth,sad that it's now all over but that's life.
Had considered going to the Midge Ure concert,but nah...it's not the same! The music still lives so enjoy your Ultravox records!
Kind regards,Henrik.

#101181 - Sun, 22 Dec 2019 18:34:27 Re: Brilliant Beginnings [Re: HenrikDK]
Ole_DK Offline
Pass level: VIP

Loc: Denmark
Ględelig jul, Henrik

Midge was ....ehh... brilliant in Copenhagen - you should have been there, although its not the same. I Saw the final concert at O2 Arena supporting Simple Minds. Wonder what went wrong after this....and where is Billy these days, given up his passion for music? Its weird and make no sense to me....merry Christmas anyway everybody

#101182 - Mon, 23 Dec 2019 11:43:03 Re: Brilliant Beginnings [Re: Ole_DK]
Alone With Strangers Online   sick
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: a different planet
Billy is around, I believe, but maybe has other things to occupy his mind....

#101183 - Sat, 28 Dec 2019 14:01:03 Re: Brilliant Beginnings [Re: Alone With Strangers]
zico Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Sussex
Went to the Brighton concert on the Thursday and then Hammersmith on the Friday plus the Hammersmith one the following year and can't believe it's 10 years ago!! Ironically I played football at Upton Park that week as well so seeing Ultravox twice and playing at West Ham's old ground in the same week, well two boyhood dreams in a week was like Christmas come early for a then 40 year old who became an excited kid for a week!!!

Watched the behind the scenes DVD again myself recently and would love to know what Midge whispered to Warren upon their first meeting to this day!

Not sure what went wrong but it's well known Billy could be a moody so and so and possibly the differences of old came to the fore again but guess we will never know.

Pity though cos that sound belongs to all of them and can't be created if only one is missing. However I am going to see Midge in Brighton come February and will always have those memories of 10 years ago which to be brutally honest were memories that in all fairness were never going to happen if you go back to 2008 ish!!! Gratefull for what we had.