Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Pre-order Ultravox's 'Extended' remastered remixes album here now, exclusive bundles available!

Topic Options
#101089 - Sat, 02 Feb 2019 02:01:06 Scottish stuff...
Dominic Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Bali - Indonesia
Hi everybody,

I've just subscribed to Netflix, and one of my favorite series is Outlander that depicts, during the first seasons, a beautiful XVIIIth century Scotland...

I was therefore wondering which clan Midge Ure belongs to... I remember that this topic was once talked about in this forum, but I can't find it anymore...

I first traveled to Scotland at the beginning of the '90s (as I was fond of Scottish pop bands such as The Silencers and Goodbye Mr Mackenzie), and this trip (I visited Edinburgh, Glasgow, Loch Lomond & The Trossachs) allowed me to have a better understanding of the Scottish culture & customs. Of course, my huge interest in Ultravox and Midge Ure also motivated me to explore this beautiful country (especially as French & Scots have been linked by History), and, watching Outlander has excited my mind again, although I'm now living far far away from Europe... ;-)

Well, it therefore would be good to talk about Scottish culture and its influences on Midge & Ultravox's music, here... What do you think?

#101097 - Sun, 17 Mar 2019 11:43:26 Re: Scottish stuff... [Re: Dominic]
zico Offline
Pass level: Press

Loc: Sussex
Wouldn't be surprised if he was part of the McCloud clan out of Highlander as he seems to have been around forever! laugh