Ultravox.org.uk Extreme Voice Official Ultravox Website

Click here to order Midge Ure's new album Orchestrated now!

Topic Options
#100946 - Sun, 03 Dec 2017 07:48:44 Orchestrated
Dmitry Offline
Pass level: Access All Areas

Loc: Moscow, Russia
A great music effort overall. Some tracks are really tear squeezing, like Dancing with.. Amazon comments are filled with "goosebumps" comments. Still, for me, string orchestra does not seem a necessary addition to Midge type songs. You would change strings to synths, slow music tempos a little bit further - and you get a perfect trip hop album ( or lounge, if you prefer this term). In some tracks (The voice, Love's great adventure) strings and main tune go in parallel, do not cross at all.
All in all, we heard much better attempts to mix electro with strings. Still, a nice add to Midge's discography.

#100947 - Sun, 03 Dec 2017 14:26:12 Re: Orchestrated [Re: Dmitry]
davox Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: Germany
I think this album is a very good addition to all the existing albums we have. A new interpretation of old songs, and not just old songs with the addition of strings. For me it's an exciting experience to hear them with their new arrangements. And it's a fascinating fact that Ty Unwin is a huge Urevox fan. Not a bad aspect to produce these songs in a new outfit.

#100948 - Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:54:11 Re: Orchestrated [Re: davox]
Alone With Strangers Offline
Pass level: Promoter

Loc: a different planet
I would tend to agree but the mastering is not brilliant & there are a couple of tracks in particular that are brickwalled (Hymn & DWTIME). It would be good to hear a sensitive master of the album wither as a download or vinyl release.