Quote:
Originally posted by Oesterreicher II:
Okay, dudes, here's the wee tiny turd on the great big snowy Christmas cake. I've just had a thrilling listen to the snippets on the Amazonian web-site. Quite nice, really quite nice indeed (and I was there) but . . .

I may be mis-speaking but why does Midge's voice have so much treatment on it on all of the songs? You know, I heard him over Christmas on some talking and singing programme for young people who stay up late, broadcast on the television device, and he was singing and playing without plugs and his voice was still so good and so distinctive and so very strong; so, why the need for so much augmentation here when it really isn't needed?

I believe it was Ms. Toyah who sang, "Be proud, be loud, be heard" so, go on Midge: go bareback for a few songs and let that voice do the talking!

You may now throw your stones. Sedimentary only, mind, nothing igneous, they're too brutal.
It’s a very good point.
But its pretty standard particularly if the record company is involved that the product has to be polished up and also the fact that it’s also a DVD release that there will be some slight treatment which will give a better listening and viewing experience.

Not as bad as artists from the past who have used vast amounts of overdubs on live albums.

Good example Thin Lizzy – Live and Dangerous
Quote from Wikipedia
Lynott asked if they could re-record some vocals due to technical issues. After spending some time overdubbing various bits, noticing the impact on the result, they ended up re-recording all the vocals, guitars and bass. So the only real live elements of Live and Dangerous are the drums and the audience. Visconti (Producer) justified this by stating that every track was performed before a live audience. Tony Visconti has stated that the album is "75percent recorded in the studio."