Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hitchcock:
AGiven the amount of stuff of, at best, 'variable quality' that's available on sites such as YouTube, I imagine it's exactly the reason the band would want a professionally released film capturing the Return to Eden show to be out there in the world and available for people to see.
That's actually a very healthy attitude to have. Considering WMG's little tiff with YouTube and other similar cases, there's the fact that YouTube imposes certain restrictions on uploaded videos - initially to avoid issues with allocated server space and such, but it's also an effective countermeasure to avoid "pirates" posting wholesale DVD rips online.

But bootlegs have been going on since personal tape recorders first hit the public market, and this is no different. Most of the recordings from the RTE tour are from other gigs than the Roundhouse anyway, but my point is that it's much better to use YouTube for strategic marketing, and then give the fans a treat with a proper DVD release of one of the highlights of the tour.

I'm holding out for a Christmas release, and although I'm satisfied with having the show on DVD, I hope there's a couple of goodies on the disc for the anoraks in the crowd. I'd love for the DVD to have an audio commentary track, if that's not too much to ask. Like I said, I'll be happy as long as it's released, but if I could ask for anything, it would be audio commentary.

Since it cannot be said often enough - a big Thank You to the EV crew for their unrelenting fire of enthusiasm - even when some of the fans take a turn for the nastier. Fantastic job so far, people!