Hi Billy!
That's very interesting. How did You manage to go on with Ultravox after all this? And what do You think of U-Vox now? Most of us here do not like the album at all. When Geldof said Ultravox was burnt out, did he mean that You have done everything that could be done by releasing four (or seven) great albums with different styles, or did he want to say that "Lament" was not good?
If he meant that You have done everything that could be done and we now compare U-Vox with all the other, previous stuff I think there's a bit of truth in there. I hope You understand what I want to say, it's not so easy to express myself in this case.
Do You still have contact to the musicians of "Revelation" and "Ingenuity"?
And may I ask what Synths You used on "Majestic"?
You write that Midge wasn't a songwriter. I think he has written some very good songs, e.g. "Guns and Arrows". Maybe there was some time to grow... smile .

Quote:

Originally written by Si_W
I find it fantastic that Midge took career advice in 1984 from someone who hadn't had a hit single since 1982, and is not considered either a good solo artist or even a good songwriter.
Maybe he told him how he should NOT do it wink .

Quote:

Originally written by Flip Martian
Midge did get his high profile from being in Ultravox,
Wasn't he quite popular from Slik (well, I just mean popular) and Visage (and here I also mean respected)?
When they were on TOTP with "Sleepwalk", the tv-presenter mentions "Midge Ure" ("a very clever young man from Scotland") at least as often as the name "Ultravox".
Quote:
Originally posted by Nisky:
Just like to say because of Ultravox and your contribution in particular, I took up the hobby! of playing synths. It's cost me loads of money over the years but who cares I love me toys.
Well, I exactly know what You mean! I wrote this on my homepage:
With seventeen I stopped learning the guitar and started playing keyboard. The influences for this decision were bands like 'The Human League' (mainly their first albums), 'Depeche Mode' and the world's best band, 'Ultravox'. (I was seventeen in 1995 by the way).